Gandolfo's strikes again

Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfal View Post
Don't be so quick to write off Gandolfo's. The owner, Roger, just bought out his partners and is buying a catering truck. He's very accessible and should be told of any problems. He is working very hard to get this off the ground. He catered our night golf tournament on Tuesday for 60 people and it was wonderful. And only about $5.00 a head. Give the guy a break. We need more Mom & Pop locations (even if this is really a chain).
I agree. Give them a break. I know I will.

Last edited by bluedog103; 06-02-2011 at 04:52 PM. Reason: ?
Old 07-03-2011, 07:21 AM
Default They are human, and even make mistakes

. . . . but they do try to correct them. And the food is 'to kill for'

I'll give Roger and his crew my business, wish them well and enjoy the best sandwich around.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Veteran member

In this case I will give them another try.It's always nice to see people try to improve things.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions Den View Post
Please be patient while we change over all the paperwork for the new owners. Roger & Cindy Leandro and Bart & Leona Graham are the new owners of Gandolfo's NY Deli and will be re-opening Tuesday, 10/4/2011, serving the best sandwiches and fresh deli salads in The Villages. Please keep your eyes and ears open for specials heading your way. Come introduce yourself to Roger, Bart and their families.
IMO - I think it would be better for you to start a new thread touting Gandolfo's and the new owners instead of including it under such a negative thread.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions Den View Post
Please be patient while we change over all the paperwork for the new owners of GANDOLFO's NY DELI .....re-opening Tuesday, 10/4/2011,.......... "IN THE VILLAGES".............. Please keep your eyes and ears open for specials . Come introduce yourself to Roger, Bart and their families.
............Can we please have a heads up on WHERE the heck they are/will be LOCATED......I am not the brightest knife in the ocean ...but C'mon ..PLEEEZE tell me where they will be serving this good food.....and the DAYS and HOURS w/the PHONE NUMBER would be appreciated........Have lived IN The Villages way over three years and never heard of them....guess I can't see the forest for the clouds..........Thanks....Can't wait to make them a Favorite.....
Old 10-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts
Default Is this the one?

3509 Wedgewood Ln
The Villages, FL 32162

(352) 259-6171
www.gandolfosdeli.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
............Can we please have a heads up on WHERE the heck they are/will be LOCATED......I am not the brightest knife in the ocean ...but C'mon ..PLEEEZE tell me where they will be serving this good food.....and the DAYS and HOURS w/the PHONE NUMBER would be appreciated........Have lived IN The Villages way over three years and never heard of them....guess I can't see the forest for the clouds..........Thanks....Can't wait to make them a Favorite.....
Old 10-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Veteran member
Default Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
3509 Wedgewood Ln
The Villages, FL 32162

(352) 259-6171
www.gandolfosdeli.com
.....a Thank You for "jebartle"..... I appreciate your kind efforts to supply this information.......people like you make The Villages a pleasant place to live.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
Just a humorous experience we had at Gandolfo's awhile back.
My wife and I stopped by to order take out sandwiches. There were no other customers in the store. The lady behind to counter told us to take a number, which we did, then she took our order. We stood there waiting for our food for a few minutes. Then the same lady who took our order came back to the counter and hollered "number 6" and stood there surveying the restaurant. There were still no other customers in sight. I sort of chuckled and gave her our number ticket and we were on our way.
Nothing bad happened, the food was fine, if was just funny.
Sounds like a Saturday Night Live skit!
Old 10-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
I am not the brightest knife in the ocean ...
I can't see the forest for the clouds..........Thanks....Can't wait to make them a Favorite.....
Mrfixit, you are priceless I'd love to make wall words outta these! Thanks for the chuckle!
Hope the new reorganized Gandolfo's will do very well!
Old 10-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Veteran member

We went for lunch today and they are closed. Sign in the window said new owners and they would reopen Tuesday. Seems like they were only open for less than a year and already new owners...?
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:10 PM

that is why they have new owners. give the new people a chance
Old 10-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Sage
Default Gandolfo's not open 10/9 at noon

My friend and I stopped by Gandolfo's at noon yesterday, Sunday, 10/9. Not open --too bad -- I wanted to try them out.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
My wife and I stopped by to order take out sandwiches. There were no other customers in the store. The lady behind to counter told us to take a number, which we did, then she took our order. We stood there waiting for our food for a few minutes. Then the same lady who took our order came back to the counter and hollered "number 6" and stood there surveying the restaurant. There were still no other customers in sight. I sort of chuckled and gave her our number ticket and we were on our way.
I realize I have a strange sense of humour, I find things like that absolutely hilarious. Sounds like a Monty Python skit.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:22 PM
Veteran member
Default Went to Gandolfo's

yesterday and had a great sandwich. I had the Club Met and DH had the King of Queen's. We will go back as it was the best and biggest half sub with the freshest ingredients that we have had for awhile.

LW888
Old 10-18-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Sounds like a scene from an Adam Sandler movie, I think...perhaps "Anger Management." The airport scene comes to mind.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.