Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Gandolfo's strikes again (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/gandolfos-strikes-again-36072/)

rubicon 10-18-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac9 (Post 330411)
There was a coupon in the paper last week that was for buy a sandwich get second for $1. A few days later I saw one for buy a half-sandwich get a second half-sandwich for $1 which I assumed was a follow up due to the popularity of the first. Neither coupon had an expiration date. I went in today with the first coupon and was told that it was a mistake made by the newspaper, that I could only get a $1 half-sandwich. I asked why was i responsible for the newspaper's mistake and was told, sorry but they would not honor it.
This is the second time that I have had a problem with them. When they first opened I was charged extra for salt, pepper, and mayo. The owner did respond and offered me a free meal which I didn't accept because the point of my posting was to let him know how dissatisfied people would be at being "nickled and dimes" to death. It was not to get a free meal. I have been back several times after that because they do make a really good sandwich. However, I do think that they should have honored my coupon.

This is a real sore spot for me and my wife. This bait and switch stuff happens too often. One printing error same on me ,two shame on you. given the internal and financial problems cited in this thread leaves me to question
if these were errors.

I try not to judge but twice???????

Indydealmaker 10-18-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon (Post 407808)
This is a real sore spot for me and my wife. This bait and switch stuff happens too often. One printing error same on me ,two shame on you. given the internal and financial problems cited in this thread leaves me to question
if these were errors.

Please note that the post you responded to is quite old. Gandolfo's has new owners now. Give them a try. I did and like it.

texasfal 10-19-2011 07:56 AM

Please give them another try. We need to keep the small resturants in The Villages so we don't end up with only fast-food chains.

njbchbum 10-19-2011 08:23 AM

Quote:

if these were errors.

newspapers do not honor the misprinted info in their weekly flyers - why should a restaurant honor a misprint in their advertising?

does not sound like a bait and switch to me - sounds like a printing error and a correction.

Bogie Shooter 10-19-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

if these were errors.

The post you quoted was from Feb.......you think the new owners might operate differently?

Lions Den 10-24-2011 10:23 AM

Anyone that has had a problem in the past should go try it again. The new owners are doing a good job. I'm always quick not to return once I've had a bad experience but have learned that is not always good practice. Everyone has a bad day occasionally. :wave:

hedoman 10-25-2011 04:31 AM

Picked up some great sandwhiches for lunch the other day. Still great!

Aloha 12-22-2011 09:52 PM

Well...I just discovered Gandolfo's a few weeks ago.
I have been there several times and every sandwich I had was great.
Plus, the new owners were there and they seem to really be working hard.
This last week, he said business was growing and things were looking good.
The sandwiches there are HUGE and fresh.
I don't know about the trouble earlier, but the place is fantastic now!

nkrifats 12-22-2011 10:22 PM

Great Sandwich there today .

kaydee 12-22-2011 10:50 PM

We also just recently had lunch from Gandolfo's and it was GREAT!!!!! Every table inside & out were occupied which is a good sign. We definetly will patronize the place on a regular basis.