General tso’s chicken

Closed Thread
Old 12-26-2018, 04:06 PM
Sage
Default General tso’s chicken

Want some good Generals chicken. The Chinese place in Colony plaza is not good at this particular dish. Someone said to go to the one in the plaza down by Rohan. Aren’t they owned by the same People? I think the names are the same.......China Gourmet. Why would the dish be prepared any different? Just wondered......

The Generals chicken at China Gourmet has no chicken in it....just a glob of fat like substance....🤢🤢🤢
Old 12-26-2018, 04:39 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Want some good Generals chicken. The Chinese place in Colony plaza is not good at this particular dish. Someone said to go to the one in the plaza down by Rohan. Aren’t they owned by the same People? I think the names are the same.......China Gourmet. Why would the dish be prepared any different? Just wondered......

The Generals chicken at China Gourmet has no chicken in it....just a glob of fat like substance....🤢🤢🤢
You can search for that dish on The Villages Gourmet Club's SEARCH PAGE. Since there are two way to spell it, you may have to do two searches. In Section 4c, type the words "General Tso" (don't use the apostrophe). Do a second search entering the words "General Tao". Some menus spell it differently. You'll find a few restaurants nearby that carry that dish. I'm not a fan of that spicy dish, however.

Enjoy, Skip
Old 12-26-2018, 05:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:

I prefer their "Beef and Broccoli" with no beef! Or maybe their Peking Duck with "no peeking"
Old 12-26-2018, 05:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

This is pretty good, if you haven't tried it.

InnovAsian Cuisine General Tso's Chicken, Medium Spicy : Publix.com

Publix also sells a frozen version from PF Chang that is quite SPICY.
Old 12-26-2018, 07:56 PM

Quote:

Give Koyame a try. I have not had it there but have seen the dish several times when others have ordered it. Definitely a lot of chicken. If you like it spicy you may want to ask for extra spicy as Koyame, like every other Asian restaurant I have tried in Florida, is reluctant to make it spicy for older patrons.

All of the other dishes I have tried there are good in both quality and quantity.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:16 AM
Gold member

I love the Gen Tsao's Chicken at Bamboo Bistro. I order it very spicy, but you can get it with a low spice level too. Nice big pieces of moist chicken, served with broccoli and white rice - delicious. The do a Gen Tsao's Shrimp too, which is also good.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkeowner View Post
Give Koyame a try. I have not had it there but have seen the dish several times when others have ordered it. Definitely a lot of chicken. If you like it spicy you may want to ask for extra spicy as Koyame, like every other Asian restaurant I have tried in Florida, is reluctant to make it spicy for older patrons.

All of the other dishes I have tried there are good in both quality and quantity.
Koyame is the best Chinese Restaurant in The Villages.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:24 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

I had General T's Chic pizza up North last month.

I kno, I kno...........but it was good.

The pizza place only makes pizza from a Chinese menu. I jumped in and tried.........it was crazy good.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:46 AM

Another positive vote for General tso's chicken at Koyame. We have had it and it is very fresh and large portion with a lot of chicken. We have eaten there multiple times (along with takeouts) and the food is always good.
Old 12-29-2018, 09:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Personally. I prefer the Colonels!
Closed Thread

Tags
chicken, china, plaza, dish, gourmet

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.