Glen View CC

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2019, 06:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Glen View CC

Glen View CC was open for business on Monday evening. We went to have a glass of wine and a sandwich last night. It was reasonably busy, the bar crowd seem to be regulars and were very noisy, other than that it was very pleasant. The meals we had were good and we will be going back.

However, we did have one critique regarding the bar or lounge, every table was set for dinner with water glasses, napkins, side dishes etc., very formal. At the moment there is no set bar menu, that may change, but right now it is one menu throughout the restaurant.

Also, you can no longer seat yourself in the lounge area, you have to wait for the hostess to seat you and get a waitress. How will that work with golfers coming in from playing in this heat, that may not last too long either!

I wish them well, we need a good CC restaurant in this area.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-29-2019, 07:47 AM
Sage

I'm pleased to read about the change in ownership of the restaurant business at Glenview.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

I've heard the Lopez is good and consistent.....anyone concur or disagree?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-29-2019, 02:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Glenview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Glen View CC was open for business on Monday evening. We went to have a glass of wine and a sandwich last night. It was reasonably busy, the bar crowd seem to be regulars and were very noisy, other than that it was very pleasant. The meals we had were good and we will be going back.

However, we did have one critique regarding the bar or lounge, every table was set for dinner with water glasses, napkins, side dishes etc., very formal. At the moment there is no set bar menu, that may change, but right now it is one menu throughout the restaurant.

Also, you can no longer seat yourself in the lounge area, you have to wait for the hostess to seat you and get a waitress. How will that work with golfers coming in from playing in this heat, that may not last too long either!

I wish them well, we need a good CC restaurant in this area.
We ate dinner there last evening with another couple. Conch chowder, caesar salads, mussels, veal meat loaf and a burger with pork belly. All very good and so was the service.
Old 05-29-2019, 02:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
We ate dinner there last evening with another couple. Conch chowder, caesar salads, mussels, veal meat loaf and a burger with pork belly. All very good and so was the service.
My husband had the mussels and he said they were very good. I had a sandwich, nicely sliced through and looked very appetizing. Presentation and service was excellent.

I was told that the new owner/management also runs Lopez, Havana and Red Sauce. If he keeps the food and service as good as it is now, he will do very well.

I would like to add that his wait staff were all very professionally dressed. We have been going to Glenview for many years and there was no dress code before, it adds to the ambience of the restaurant.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-29-2019, 02:33 PM
Sage

The new owner owns Red Sauce. Another family member owns Lopez, Havana and Red Sauce. The Suleimans run great restaurants.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:57 PM
fw102807

Quote:
The new owner owns Red Sauce. Another family member owns Lopez, Havana and Red Sauce. The Suleimans run great restaurants.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
So, there are two owners of Red Sauce?
Old 05-29-2019, 04:07 PM
Sage

My mistake. Johnny Rockets not Red Sauce.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
My mistake. Johnny Rockets not Red Sauce.
Is the Suleiman family a Father and two adult sons?

Old 05-29-2019, 04:20 PM
Sage

I am pretty sure there are more than 2 brothers. I know there is sister that I met at Havana. I am not sure if the other younger men are brothers or cousins. David's FIL manages Havana.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:23 PM
Gold member

Now that they have that opened, I hope the Sulieman's consider opening Hacienda.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:25 PM
Sage
Default Hacienda

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
Now that they have that opened, I hope the Sulieman's consider opening Hacienda.
I wish that would happen but I have not heard they are purchasing Hacienda.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:45 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
I've heard the Lopez is good and consistent.....anyone concur or disagree?
We've been to Lopez twice and had a great meal both times. I'm hoping that Glenview will return to being a great restaurant. It's such a pretty setting.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
I would like to see someone capable taking over Hacienda; however, I think that would be a huge task compared to what they had to do to Glenview. Glenview is a very attractive building in a beautiful area and the only problem was the quality of food and service. The Hacienda is totally different, it is an ark of a place and (I think) the interior needs WORK.

There are so many people who do not want to eat in fast food restaurants and would prefer to dine in a local country club where you get to meet your neighbors and have the same wait staff on a regular basis.

Closed Thread

Tags
bar, good, set, area, menu

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.