Glen View CC

Glen View CC

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 05-29-2019, 04:20 PM
JSR22's Avatar
JSR22 JSR22 is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bonita
Posts: 1,591
Thanks: 6
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

I am pretty sure there are more than 2 brothers. I know there is sister that I met at Havana. I am not sure if the other younger men are brothers or cousins. David's FIL manages Havana.
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 05-29-2019, 04:23 PM
pauld315 pauld315 is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NY, FL, PA, TX, NC, TV
Posts: 1,036
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Now that they have that opened, I hope the Sulieman's consider opening Hacienda.
__________________
"The secret of successful managing is to keep the five guys who hate you away from the four guys who haven't made up their minds." - Casey Stengel
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Hacienda
  #13  
Old 05-29-2019, 04:25 PM
JSR22's Avatar
JSR22 JSR22 is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bonita
Posts: 1,591
Thanks: 6
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default Hacienda

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
Now that they have that opened, I hope the Sulieman's consider opening Hacienda.
I wish that would happen but I have not heard they are purchasing Hacienda.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-29-2019, 07:45 PM
Northwoods Northwoods is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Lake Deaton
Posts: 264
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
I've heard the Lopez is good and consistent.....anyone concur or disagree?
We've been to Lopez twice and had a great meal both times. I'm hoping that Glenview will return to being a great restaurant. It's such a pretty setting.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-30-2019, 06:12 AM
Madelaine Amee's Avatar
Madelaine Amee Madelaine Amee is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Villages North
Posts: 3,487
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
Now that they have that opened, I hope the Sulieman's consider opening Hacienda.
I would like to see someone capable taking over Hacienda; however, I think that would be a huge task compared to what they had to do to Glenview. Glenview is a very attractive building in a beautiful area and the only problem was the quality of food and service. The Hacienda is totally different, it is an ark of a place and (I think) the interior needs WORK.

There are so many people who do not want to eat in fast food restaurants and would prefer to dine in a local country club where you get to meet your neighbors and have the same wait staff on a regular basis.
__________________
A people free to choose will always choose peace.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-30-2019, 08:01 PM
pauld315 pauld315 is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NY, FL, PA, TX, NC, TV
Posts: 1,036
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I wish that would happen but I have not heard they are purchasing Hacienda.
Since the other guy closed the doors, who would they purchase it from? I thought they would just go in and start a lease with the developer.
__________________
"The secret of successful managing is to keep the five guys who hate you away from the four guys who haven't made up their minds." - Casey Stengel
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-01-2019, 07:26 PM
pauld315 pauld315 is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NY, FL, PA, TX, NC, TV
Posts: 1,036
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My wife and I just had dinner at Glenview CC tonight. Service was attentive and great and the food was delicious. The new menu looked terrific and we can't wait to go back and try more items off of it. If you have been avoiding this place for the past couple years, like we have, I would suggest you give it a try now that the guy who owns Red Sauce has it.
__________________
"The secret of successful managing is to keep the five guys who hate you away from the four guys who haven't made up their minds." - Casey Stengel
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-01-2019, 08:27 PM
ColdNoMore's Avatar
ColdNoMore ColdNoMore is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Between 466 & 466A
Posts: 8,935
Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I would like to see someone capable taking over Hacienda; however, I think that would be a huge task compared to what they had to do to Glenview. Glenview is a very attractive building in a beautiful area and the only problem was the quality of food and service. The Hacienda is totally different, it is an ark of a place and (I think) the interior needs WORK.

There are so many people who do not want to eat in fast food restaurants and would prefer to dine in a local country club where you get to meet your neighbors and have the same wait staff on a regular basis.

Hopefully, it would/will be someone as good...as those who run Tierra Del Sol.

TDS's service, menu and serving sizes...are now very impressive.
__________________
Standing up for the underdog and against bullies...every chance I get.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-02-2019, 11:02 AM
champion6's Avatar
champion6 champion6 is online now
Sage
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tamarind Grove
Posts: 3,923
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

Hopefully, it would/will be someone as good...as those who run Tierra Del Sol.
TDS's service, menu and serving sizes...are now very impressive.
Do you realize that "those that run Tierra Del Sol" are the Developer?

All of these are run by TV:
Katie Belle's Music Hall
Tierra Del Sol Bar & Grill
Lazy Mac's Taco Shack
Amelia's at the Waterfront Inn
Fenney Grill
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-02-2019, 11:43 AM
ColdNoMore's Avatar
ColdNoMore ColdNoMore is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Between 466 & 466A
Posts: 8,935
Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Do you realize that "those that run Tierra Del Sol" are the Developer?

All of these are run by TV:
Katie Belle's Music Hall
Tierra Del Sol Bar & Grill
Lazy Mac's Taco Shack
Amelia's at the Waterfront Inn
Fenney Grill
Yes...I knew that.

One of Da Family members is very fond of the theater there, so I don't see it being contracted out anytime soon.

I simply hope that whomever Glenview gets to oversee their day-to-day operations...is as competent as who The Developer has running TDS.
__________________
Standing up for the underdog and against bullies...every chance I get.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bar, good, set, area, menu

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.