Glenview

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2018, 05:23 PM
Default Glenview

Where did all the long time staff go? They were replaced by a bunch that lacks the professional demeanor that you would expect.
Last week we went with a golf group and waited almost an hour for food. Waitress said " what can I do when you come in with a group?" Food seems to be below the quality that they had before.
Management was indifferent.
Anyone else noticed this?
Old 02-17-2018, 05:58 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam&rog View Post
Where did all the long time staff go? They were replaced by a bunch that lacks the professional demeanor that you would expect.
Last week we went with a golf group and waited almost an hour for food. Waitress said " what can I do when you come in with a group?" Food seems to be below the quality that they had before.
How big was the group? Our golf group was there about 3 weeks ago with a group of 15. Was seated within 10 minutes and service was good.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:53 AM
Eternal Member

Glenview has been good in the past and REMAINS good!

However, for EXCELLENT food and service, go to Lopez CC.
Old 03-10-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam&rog View Post
We went with a group of 10 before a show at Savannah Center.
Hostess was rude. Rolled her eyes when we said 10 people even though we called early to try to reserve for 10 people. We arrived at 4:30, waited along time for a table although most tables were empty. When we approached the hostess she said don't you know how a fine dining establishment operates?
Old 03-10-2018, 04:44 PM

Even a party of 10 does not excuse a rude hostess, dealing with such things are part of the job.
We always liked Glenview, but when we went there last night for dinner, service was ok but a little slow. My husband's steak was overdone, and after they replaced it, it was still chewy and tough for a filet. The potatoes were underdone, and NOT what I would consider baking potatoes. There was a dark lump in the center of mine.
We spoke to a manager about the quality, she was courteous and thanked us for the feedback. We did not expect the check to be comped as we had eaten most of the food, and she asked us to give them another chance. She said that the cook did the purchasing, he must be cheating on the budget. But we're undecided about going back, too many other choices here.
Old 03-10-2018, 06:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

I have always enjoyed Glenview, but it is by no means a steakhouse. They do need some hostess training though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2018, 07:59 PM

went to Valspar golf tournament Thursday and saw Tiger. Afterwards we went to Oceansprime for dinner in Tampa. Ordered 8 oz filet sliced for appetizer it melted in our mouths. Then ordered lobster dinner, two tails each that were as good as I've ever had. If you want that kind of meal you need to go out of the villages. If you go to oceansprime ask for Drew, he was very good and took care of us.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:46 PM
Veteran member

.......just wondering, what does a meal like that cost per person at Oceansprime????
Old 03-11-2018, 02:43 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill32 View Post
.......just wondering, what does a meal like that cost per person at Oceansprime????
The 8 oz. Filet is $42 and the Twin Lobsters Tails with Asparagus are $52. So $94 total before tip and tax. There's an Ocean Prime Restaurant (not Oceansprime) on Restaurant Row in Orlando. Wait for Magical Dining Month if you don't like those everyday prices. It's one of the best restaurants in Orlando. Been there a few times.

Skip
Old 03-11-2018, 02:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaott View Post
Hostess was rude. Rolled her eyes when we said 10 people even though we called early to try to reserve for 10 people.
Ever since Glenview opened they've had rude hostesses. It's now their trademark.

Skip
Old 03-11-2018, 03:32 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Ever since Glenview opened they've had rude hostesses. It's now their trademark.

Skip
We used to refer to the hostess as the Black Widow.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,022 Times in 454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
The 8 oz. Filet is $42 and the Twin Lobsters Tails with Asparagus are $52. So $94 total before tip and tax. There's an Ocean Prime Restaurant (not Oceansprime) on Restaurant Row in Orlando. Wait for Magical Dining Month if you don't like those everyday prices. It's one of the best restaurants in Orlando. Been there a few times.

Skip
Just so you know... Orlando's Magical Dining Month this year is August 24 - September 30, 2018.

Listen to Skip. Lots of good Orlando restaurants with reduced prices.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:55 AM

I was at Glenview last week. Sat at the bar and enjoyed a cocktail. Ordered dinner at 7:15 (they close at 8:30) when we received our dinner one of the bartenders started to take everything off the bar to clean it including the salt and pepper that we were using and placing everything behind the bar. Then they cranked up some hip hop music and the waitstaff, hostess, bartenders and what seemed to be the manager started to discuss business while screaming across the room. There were people sitting in the lounge area and the bar. It was so noisy and we felt rushed. I don't believe we will go back although that was our weekly go to place. We really like Havana now...
Old 03-12-2018, 10:18 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
We used to refer to the hostess as the Black Widow.
She actually killed her husband and got away with it, heh?
That's why I don't go near the place.

Skip
Old 03-12-2018, 10:24 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
Just so you know... Orlando's Magical Dining Month this year is August 24 - September 30, 2018.
Listen to Skip. Lots of good Orlando restaurants with reduced prices.
Thanks.

"A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
W.C.Fields

Skip
Closed Thread

Tags
group, food, waitress, indifferent, noticed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.