Glenview CC - Awful

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2017, 11:50 AM
Default Glenview CC - Awful

Our golf group went to GlenviewCC for lunch about 1:15 the other day. The food took over 45 minutes to arrive. The famous GV grilled cheese arrived and it was pale (not well toasted and not well melted), the salad wedge was fine, the French dip was well done and had so much grizzle that only 3/4 of the sandwich was eatable - it was touted as being prime rib. The au jus was the color of chicken soup and tasteless. GV has really gone down hill over the past few months and it seems like the patronage has diminished considerably - such a shame!!

Last edited by msfooter; 05-04-2017 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msfooter View Post
Our golf group went to GlenviewCC for lunch about 1:15 the other day. The food took over 45 minutes to arrive. The famous GV grilled cheese arrived and it was pale (not well toasted and not well melted), the salad wedge was fine, the French dip was well done and had so much grizzle that only 3/4 of the sandwich was eatable - it was touted as being prime rib. The au jus was the color of chicken soup and tasteless. GV has really gone down hill over the past few months and it seems like the patronage has diminished considerably - such a shame!!
Had a similar problem after golf lunch about a month ago at GCC. Steak sandwich -barely edible. wrote about it here and was admonished by GCC supporters. - The lunch issues seem to be something different from a seemingly good dinner fare
Old 05-04-2017, 03:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

We frequented Glenview for about 9 years several times a week, loved everything about the place. Unfortunately, this new owner is driving the place into the ground and appears not to care!

Totally agree with both posts - however, during the winter we decided to give them another try and you literally could not get in the door, the place was packed, so how are any changes going to be made when people are still fighting to get in? I can only presume the new owner may be making sufficient money during the winter to get him through the year.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-10-2017, 01:47 PM
Eternal Member

I was at Glenview on Saturday for lunch. I had their burger special with a beer. I ordered the burger medium and it came cooked to medium and just perfect. The Mich Ultra was frosty cold, too.

The waitress stopped by the table and asked if everything was great.

I continue to thoroughly enjoy Glenview.

Now, if your prime rib sandwich was gristle and not good and the au jus was bad, you should have spoken up. It would have been remedied with no problem. If you eat it and say nothing, how will the restaurant know you were not happy? However, don't eat the whole sandwich and tell them it was lousy and you want it removed from the check.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:55 PM

I would never send anything back to the kitchen - one never know what may be on the plate next. We made the wait staff and management aware of the shortcomings and our comments were met with "could care less" attitude.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:10 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I had a filet at Lopez ...the mashed potatoes were less than the size of a golf ball, three broccoli spears, and a filet about a 1/8 inch thick... not even a salad. Never again never not at the price they charged for that meal. i am not a big eater any longer and went home hungry
Old 05-10-2017, 09:16 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I had a filet at Lopez ...the mashed potatoes were less than the size of a golf ball, three broccoli spears, and a filet about a 1/8 inch thick... not even a salad. Never again never not at the price they charged for that meal. i am not a big eater any longer and went home hungry
Did you speak up to the server or manager at the time of the meal? If I had your experience at Lopez, I would speak at the time that meal was placed in front of me.

Lopez is definitely my favorite Villages restaurant and I have never been disappointed there.

Yes, they're a fairly expensive place by Villages standards but the quality is top notch.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member

See #2 -Seems like at pattern , at least at lunch with the "steak" offerings
Old 05-11-2017, 05:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
I was at Glenview on Saturday for lunch. I had their burger special with a beer. I ordered the burger medium and it came cooked to medium and just perfect. The Mich Ultra was frosty cold, too.

The waitress stopped by the table and asked if everything was great.

I continue to thoroughly enjoy Glenview.

Now, if your prime rib sandwich was gristle and not good and the au jus was bad, you should have spoken up. It would have been remedied with no problem. If you eat it and say nothing, how will the restaurant know you were not happy? However, don't eat the whole sandwich and tell them it was lousy and you want it removed from the check.
Mr/Mrs Sandtrap. I mean no disrespect to you, but are you sure you are going to Glenview and if you are will you tell us how you are getting such excellent food while the rest of us are getting less than edible?

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-11-2017, 07:51 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Mr/Mrs Sandtrap. I mean no disrespect to you, but are you sure you are going to Glenview and if you are will you tell us how you are getting such excellent food while the rest of us are getting less than edible?
Yes, it is Glenview.

How do I get good food there? I choose items that are not easy to mess up. A steak sandwich at a bargain price tells me the steak is not top quality and can be gristly. A salmon filet dinner is hard to mess up and I ask for it cooked medium. That way it will be cooked perfectly and not dry. Same with the burger special. Asking for a burger well done will result in a hockey puck. Restaraunts tend to overcook meats so just order one degree less than what you really want - and chances are it will come out just as you like.

And for service, just as I am sure you do also, treat the servers with respect and not as a serving wench. This respect adds to the quality of service and will add to their commitment to you of good service and a great dining experience.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:32 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
We a wedding anniversary there about three years after we arrived. The last dinner there since that time and we are going on 11 years here
Old 05-11-2017, 04:29 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by msfooter View Post

I would never send anything back to the kitchen - one never know what may be on the plate next. We made the wait staff and management aware of the shortcomings and our comments were met with "could care less" attitude.
Agreed! One of our sons when he was a teen ager he worked in the kitchen in a supposedly very good restaurant. He said if a customer was nasty in any manner, the cook would spit into his food. So whenever we don't like the food, we tell the waitress, pay for it, and not return.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:42 PM
Platinum member

I have been disappointed by the service and food quality at GV over the past few times I went there. However, I was there Tuesday and the service was very good and fast. It was during lunch and the sandwich was good and the chips were fresh and warm. The restaurant and bar area were quite busy. I guess I will continue my love/hate relationship with GVCC restaurant.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I would never eat food that had been returned to the kitchen because of some real or supposed shortcoming. Never!!!
Old 05-11-2017, 05:56 PM

Went to Glenview for lunch today. I had a Reuben Sandwich which was perfectly adequate and the kettlechips were fantastic. I had iced tea and the very attentive waitress made sure the glass was never more than half empty. Mrs Bear had a filet salad which she loved ( filet was medium rare just as she wanted it) and the greens and other parts were fresh and tasty.

Didn't do anything out of the ordinary (which includes thanking the waitstaff when they do something for us.

The waitress was well tipped for he service and I look forward to going back for lunch once again.
Closed Thread

Tags
rib, prime, 3/4, sandwich, eatable

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.