Glenview CC - Awful

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2017, 08:39 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Ponderous man, ponderous.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:49 AM

For some reason the Country Club food seems to be going down hill across the board. The worse ever was the old restaurant at Havana.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:02 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doran View Post
For some reason the Country Club food seems to be going down hill across the board. The worse ever was the old restaurant at Havana.
We had dinner with 3 couples on Wednesday evening at Cane Garden and the food was wonderful. Food last night at Lopez was excellent. That makes 3 meals at country clubs in one week for us and all were very good.

Have you tried Hemingway's at Havana? That restaurant is owned by the same group that owns Lopez. Definitely, a great addition to the area! Personally, I would like the interior lightened up but the food and service are top notch.

I wish all great dining experiences!
Old 05-12-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msfooter View Post
Our golf group went to GlenviewCC for lunch about 1:15 the other day. The food took over 45 minutes to arrive. The famous GV grilled cheese arrived and it was pale (not well toasted and not well melted), the salad wedge was fine, the French dip was well done and had so much grizzle that only 3/4 of the sandwich was eatable - it was touted as being prime rib. The au jus was the color of chicken soup and tasteless. GV has really gone down hill over the past few months and it seems like the patronage has diminished considerably - such a shame!!
You are so right about this place. But for too many Villagers dining out is simply a convenience and usually ambivalent about the quality of their meals and reluctant to complain.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:31 AM

I waited tables for 12 years in my youth; from a coffee shop to The Breakers, Palm Beach. As an adult, I send food back rather than being a martyr. WHY would I ever take the money for lunch and toss it out the window? I have eaten at GV in the past 3 months a total of 5 times. All but 1 time was lunch. As of this writing, I will not be back. The food was not good and the wait staff is oft times showing less than positive vibes toward the kitchen. Having lived off my tips, I get how bad food impacts me; THE SERVER and NOT the cook. I feel badly for the wait staff but they can clean it up with less edge, IMHO. All-in-all, I say the food is 9 over Par. Not good.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:49 AM

had same experience during "busy season" when snowbirds were there. commented to waitress, hostess, etc. that food was sub-par, and both shrugged their shoulders as if to say, "so??????". won't see us back there too soon. Too many places to choose from to support poor service, poor food, and poor response when filing dis-satisfaction
Old 05-15-2017, 03:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,880 Times in 2,426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I had a filet at Lopez ...the mashed potatoes were less than the size of a golf ball, three broccoli spears, and a filet about a 1/8 inch thick... not even a salad. Never again never not at the price they charged for that meal. i am not a big eater any longer and went home hungry
European style! Short on portions and Lonnnnnnnnnnng on price. Bets the hundred dollar hamburger I had in Austria few years ago.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:03 AM

If you think Glenview is bad try Hacienda Hills CC another by this owner. Horrible, old and dirty to boot!
Old 05-16-2017, 08:15 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
European style! Short on portions and Lonnnnnnnnnnng on price. Bets the hundred dollar hamburger I had in Austria few years ago.
Please tell us more on the $100 hamburger you had in Austria.

Did you realize that you were ordering a hamburger and did you realize the cost - or were you just unaware and got taken by an unscrupulous restaurant?
Closed Thread

Tags
rib, prime, 3/4, sandwich, eatable

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.