Glenview country club-worst service ever

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2011, 09:05 PM

Please don't judge us all by the actions of a few, and instead Pray that those few get better, and more temperate of others. Thank you.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:13 PM

I totally agree with you cappyjon431.
But here's the good news. I'm lived here a long time and are very active in many sports. My wife actually teaches an exercise class and is in many clubs. People here are so friendly. You will make a ton of friends face to face. There's a club for everybody.
So Welcome!! Just stand up for you and your wife on here. The new Admin is really trying to make this a nicer place.

Well said Jim!
Old 08-19-2011, 09:26 PM
Veteran member

Thanks for all the supportive comments. Over 99% of all my experiences on TOTV have been positive ones and I think this is a wonderful forum populated by friendly, caring people (just like TV). One week until we move into TV full time--so excited!

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 08-19-2011, 09:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappyjon431 View Post
Thanks for all the supportive comments. Over 99% of all my experiences on TOTV have been positive ones and I think this is a wonderful forum populated by friendly, caring people (just like TV). One week until we move into TV full time--so excited!
to Lower Paradise!
Old 08-20-2011, 04:36 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARedheadedMermaid View Post
A man in an apron said I could speak with him, although he never identified who he was...he made excuses for everything, stated that may be it was a temperature issue with ours-we ordered Medium which is the rarest you can order there, told us "What did we expect coming to a promotional luncheon?" Never once apologized and dismissed me by sarcastically saying have a nice day.
A man with an apron? My guess is you did not speak to the manager.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:58 AM

Having lurked this particular thread, I have a few observations:

redheadedmermaid: just becasue you're a newbie poster doesn't mean that you can't express an opinion; keep posting away!

cappy: Very cool how you came to the defense of your bride!

bonny: Very cool that you apologized for unintentionally appearing to be critical of a fellow TOTVer.

I assume like many others of you do, my wife and I frequently mention TOTV to merchants when we shop. Many of them already know of TOTV but those who do not usually say that they will check it out. We encourage them to do so.

My wife often semi-jokingly says to me that we should tell a business owner/manager that we are TOTV members and that we know how to post, so don't mess with us!!

Point being, if I owned or managed a business in the TV area, I would not only advertize on TOTV but also perform daily searches for my business' name, just in case. Seems to me that doing so would be extremely business prudent, for a variety of reasons.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:09 AM
Sage
Default No kidding!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcneill View Post
Having lurked this particular thread, I have a few observations:

redheadedmermaid: just becasue you're a newbie poster doesn't mean that you can't express an opinion; keep posting away!

cappy: Very cool how you came to the defense of your bride!

bonny: Very cool that you apologized for unintentionally appearing to be critical of a fellow TOTVer.

I assume like many others of you do, my wife and I frequently mention TOTV to merchants when we shop. Many of them already know of TOTV but those who do not usually say that they will check it out. We encourage them to do so.

My wife often semi-jokingly says to me that we should tell a business owner/manager that we are TOTV members and that we know how to post, so don't mess with us!!

Point being, if I owned or managed a business in the TV area, I would not only advertize on TOTV but also perform daily searches for my business' name, just in case. Seems to me that doing so would be extremely business prudent, for a variety of reasons.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:27 AM

Been to Glenview many many times and I've never had a complaint.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.