Glenview looked like old times last night!

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2015, 07:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Glenview looked like old times last night!

It's our local watering hole. Was there last night about 4:30pm and within half an hour the place was packed with people, even standing outside in the cold waiting to get in! It was just like old times - loved it.

You can put it down to the seasonal and rental residents, but if this is the way the winter is going to be at Glenview it's going to be standing room only just like it always has been!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-11-2015, 09:11 AM
Eternal Member

Glad to hear that.
I like to see everyone busy and doing good !!
We hadn't been there for years and in December we went there with some friends for dinner. It was very good, busy and we had great service.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:55 AM
Location: Birmingham, AL, Destin, FL, St. Petersburg, FL, New Orleans, LA - Oct 2012 ~ Tamarind Grove

I haven't been there for dinner yet but their $5.50 weekly lunch specials are dynamite!
Oh...one requirement - you MUST purchase a beverage to get the special - adding lemon & sweetener or adding flavoring to the water glass doesn't qualify...Enjoy!!

Last edited by Susan G; 01-11-2015 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-12-2015, 07:31 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan G View Post
Oh...one requirement - you MUST purchase a beverage to get the special - adding lemon & sweetener or adding flavoring to the water glass doesn't qualify...Enjoy!!
Good one! That was funny!
Old 01-14-2015, 09:54 PM
Veteran member

Glenview is always my "Go To" place for lobster and go regularly. Also, love their soups and steaks. Prime rib is also good. Gee, I just like that place. It has the most Country Club like entrance of any of the clubs here in The Villages. A truly different feel and a beautiful bar. The dining room is cozy and the views from the enclosed porch are wonderful. Hmm, makes me want to go again. Soon.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Angry

We went last night. We had not been in a very long time and I told my husband that I read on TOTV that Glenview had gone downhill. When we arrive the parking lot was full and the wait time was 30 minutes. My husband replied, looks like it is full of grumpy old people waiting for a chance to complain. By the way service and food were quit good.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:08 PM
Default Check out the ribs on Tuesday night!

Glenview has a full slab of fall off the bone ribs with fries, baked beans, & cole slaw on Tuesdays for $13.99.....DELICIOUS!
Old 01-17-2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan G View Post
I haven't been there for dinner yet but their $5.50 weekly lunch specials are dynamite!
The $5.50 Lunch Special. What a joke! With a beverage (required) Tax and tip your $5.50 turns into $11.00 in a wink of the eye. The soup that comes with it is usually a hodgepodge of leftover junk from god knows when and usually tastes like it. Portion sizes are so small they wouldn't satisfy a Midget. ie., a scoop of chicken salad that can be eaten in a single bite accompanied by 2 whole grapes, a 1/8" thick wedge of apple and two small slices from about 1/2 a strawberry.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:50 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Isn't sating midget like using an ethnic slur? I think the m word is political incorrect
Old 01-17-2015, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Isn't sating midget like using an ethnic slur? I think the m word is political incorrect
No! It's not!

Midget (from midge, a sand fly[2]) is a term for a person of unusually short stature that is widely considered pejorative.[3][4][5] [6] While not a medical term, it has been applied to persons of unusually short stature, often with the medical condition dwarfism,[7] particularly proportionate dwarfism.[8][9]

It may also refer to anything of much smaller than normal size, as a synonym for "miniature,"[10] such as a midget cell, a midget crabapple, MG's Midget, Daihatsu's Midget, and the Midget Mustang airplane; or to anything that regularly uses anything that is smaller than normal (other than a person), such as midget car racing and quarter midget racing; or a smaller version of play or participation, such as midget golf; or to anything designed for very young (i.e., small) participants - in many cases children - such as Disneyland's Midget Autopia, Midget AA hockey, and Midget football.[11]
Old 01-17-2015, 03:30 PM
Gold member

Last two Fridays, we have gone to Hacienda @4:30-4:45 for fried haddock, and each time we had a 45 minute wait!!!!
Old 01-18-2015, 11:31 AM

It is season and the fish fry is popular.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:54 PM
Default Glenview Country Club

I have lived in The Villages for 4 1/2 years. On many occasions we have gone to Glenview Country Club for dinner before going to the Savannah Center. Basically because it is close to Savannah and we love the food.

Last night however was a very eye opening experience. When we arrived we were told that there would be a 30 to 45 minute wait for a table. As we had arrived at 5:35 and our show was not until 8pm we were fine with that. Needless to say at 6:55 we were still waiting for our table. Every time we went in and asked the hostess Alexa how long is her 45 minutes she would say (rather rudely) it is just an estimate. With her attitude we asked to speak to a manager. When the manager came (Dan) we found that she learned her attitude from him. We were finally given a table at 7:05. Alexa said you have more than enough time to eat, I said you don't know how long it takes me to eat and she said that is your problem. When my husband said we might not make our show tickets she said to him That is your problem. When my husband asked her to repeat what she said and the manager asked her also she did and he did not correct her on that.

I will say that the wait staff there is wonderful. We had a waitress Cheryl that not only got our food to us quickly she got the manager to comp a round of drinks.

They also failed to tell us when we got there that there was Birthday Party of 48 people that took up a majority of the dining room. If we had been told that we would have gone elsewhere to eat.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:10 PM
Veteran member

Tuesday night after a class my hubby and I went to Bob Evans on 466. It was almost 7PM and the place was packed and a line waiting. By the time we were seated and finished it must have been 8:45 and there was STILL a line! What the heck.....I thought all these 'old' people were supposed to be in bed by then;-) Guess it is busy everywhere....tis the season!
Old 01-30-2015, 03:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by super5089 View Post
I have lived in The Villages for 4 1/2 years. On many occasions we have gone to Glenview Country Club for dinner before going to the Savannah Center. Basically because it is close to Savannah and we love the food.

Last night however was a very eye opening experience. When we arrived we were told that there would be a 30 to 45 minute wait for a table. As we had arrived at 5:35 and our show was not until 8pm we were fine with that. Needless to say at 6:55 we were still waiting for our table. Every time we went in and asked the hostess Alexa how long is her 45 minutes she would say (rather rudely) it is just an estimate. With her attitude we asked to speak to a manager. When the manager came (Dan) we found that she learned her attitude from him. We were finally given a table at 7:05. Alexa said you have more than enough time to eat, I said you don't know how long it takes me to eat and she said that is your problem. When my husband said we might not make our show tickets she said to him That is your problem. When my husband asked her to repeat what she said and the manager asked her also she did and he did not correct her on that.

I will say that the wait staff there is wonderful. We had a waitress Cheryl that not only got our food to us quickly she got the manager to comp a round of drinks.

They also failed to tell us when we got there that there was Birthday Party of 48 people that took up a majority of the dining room. If we had been told that we would have gone elsewhere to eat.
The hostess Alexa looks to be about 11 years old! She must be either related to the owner or dating the manager - seriously, get a real hostess.

Anyway, we could not get in Glenview last night. Had to come home and find something to eat out of our own kitchen ............... bummer. Saw in this morning's newspaper that there was a rock and roll party at Savannah and think that is why Glenview was packed to the rafters!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.