Glenview Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 01-02-2008, 01:53 AM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Glenview Restaurant

Unfortunately, at the prices they charge these days one bad meal is enough to turn me off.

I can put up with medicore service but bad food is a no no.

Also being served in a plastic basket with waxpaper that sticks to the hamburger bun and fries. I make it a point to tell them I want a plate. Probably not at Glenview but just wanted to say that.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:55 AM
Platinum member

Boy, cavemen have come a long way!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 03:00 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung
Boy, cavemen have come a long way!!!
Well you know that plastic on the spit causes things to stick - especially when you have the mastadon thigh on the spit with it!!

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:42 PM

Monday golf socials used to be great. For 25 dollars, 9 hole scramble and a buffet on the patio. Golf and Ken Roshaven the pro are great, but they must have a new manager.
Lousy buffet food. Cheap selections, and few varieties. Very disappointing. Last month they had trouble filling up the social with golfers. It used to be they were waiting in line to sign up. Manager needs to be told to quit pinching pennies, or he won't have a job.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Platinum member

Manager is the owner's son!

Skip
Old 08-09-2008, 06:56 PM

I don't know about you all but I feel ALL of the country clubs don't give a "@(*@" about good service. Just get us in and out as fast as possible. I have been to every one of them and liked some food and disliked some. I find it is definitely hit and miss with food quality. I could give examples of all cc's but I don't want to bore you as it seems you all have had some of the same issues. I have only been here 7 months and already know that TV restaurants are not customer friendly. I think they all need a good old fashioned customer appreciation class, after all, who is paying their salaries??!!!!!!!

I'm the type of woman that when I get up in the morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up"!
Old 08-09-2008, 10:13 PM
Veteran member

:bigthumbsup: We have been to Glenview several times and happy each time with food and service. On Saturday afternoon they have 2 burgers and 1/2 pitcher of beer for $10. Great burgers and good service ( We never seem to be in a hurry ) and you can't beat the price. It tends to be crowded for this Burger special and you may have to wait up to 20 minutes if you get there at the wrong time.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member

The Saturday burgers ...2 for 1 are great with a 1/2 pitcher of beer all for $10..cant beat it!
Old 08-11-2008, 12:05 AM

Just returned from dinner at Glenview - Mr. Travel had 10 oz filet with a blue cheese fondue sauce and I had the 6 oz filet mignon with onion sauce. Terrific meal, great service, happy crowd :beer2:
And our waitress (Daphne) couldn't be better!
Old 08-11-2008, 06:20 PM

We have had good experiences with Glenview, and Mallory Hill as well a Cane Garden. Sorry to hear Palmer is in a down cycle. They took excellent care of us at lunch about 30 days ago.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:06 PM

I eat out 5 nights a week in the tri-county area. I think Glenview is in the top 3 best restaurants in the entire area. For the prices those guys charge....are you kidding me?? Food and service are superior.. Kudos Glenview Staff!
Old 04-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Veteran member
Unhappy Glenview recently!

My sister and I ate at the Glenview CC on Monday for dinner - very good! So good infact we decided to go back tonight for their Prime Rib. We ordered it med-rare. Sent it back as it was not even pink - was med. Sent it back second time - the same. Waiter says that is out it was coming out of the oven. We ordered fillets- med rare. Tasteless! As we were leaving to pay, we passed a gentleman and his wife eating. The gentleman was eating med-rare prime rib. I stopped and asked him and he said yes it was.

As we left we told the hostess what was wrong. She got the "manager". He said he "took a picture of our prime rib" and it was right! He said they "tested the temperature of our meat and it was 120 degrees and it was just right for med-rare and they cut ours off".

We told the manager that another customer had med-rare PR. His reply several times was that "we are not talking about his prime rib - we are talking about my prime rib"! He also said "ladies, you aren't going to win this."

Back home I decided to call and find out the managers name. Girl who answered gave me his name as Jeff. When I asked his last name, she said she didn't know. I asked her to find out. She put me on hold. After 6 minutes I hung up and called back. Jeff Braton finally was the name given to me.

We had planned to go back to GVCC Fri. night for the lobster. Needless to say we will not be back. Have never seen a manager's attitude like this!

Anyone know who the general manager is?

Becky
Old 04-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Sage

No offense Becky but I couldn't quite understand the story.

Was your prime rib over done or not done enough? Might be me but I couldn't figure that out.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:49 AM
Veteran member

Sorry Russ! PR was over-done. Main thing was the so called "manager" and his attitude. We were nice, just pointed out it was not med-rare. His comment that "ladies you're not gonna win this one" makes me think he won't be there long!

Becky
Old 04-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Veteran member

Discovered after all these years that if you desire meat cooked M. rare order it rare. It continues to cook because of its internal temp. while being served. It's easier to send back to be cooked more but can never be "uncooked".
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.