Glenview Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 10-31-2018, 09:16 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviesGP View Post
I agree with CNM and OC Ed. This forum is to share experiences and opinions. I started on this, by reading Gracie(and others) posts for New TV'ers, for helpful tips and things to avoid, and it was of great value. There are powers in numbers, and as long as people are respectful, I think these posts are helpful(for us to do what we want with the info). The OP merely stated they liked the place, but asked what happened. Enough said. Go Sox!
Which is fine until it deteriorates into why can't we have fine dining in TV and why doesn't the developer do something about it and none of the food here is worth eating and on and on and on. I don't fault the OP I fault those who just turn it into random complaining.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:09 PM

We've gone to Glenview twice for breakfast -- it was great (especially like the bread pudding). Our first waiter was wonderful, the second not so much. Compared to other breakfast places in The Villages, this is the best one -- prices are reasonable too.
Old 11-12-2018, 12:44 PM

Used to be my favorite place to go after golf. After twilight golf went in with friends for a burger. We were told we had to order quickly as kitchen closed at 7:00, really early even for The Villages. I ordered a burger med rare but they were out of mushrooms. Burger well done and dry, like it was cooked earlier and warmed up. Went last night (a second chance). Service was terribly slow. Again out of mushrooms and cranberry juice. Really twice out of mushrooms that are on a lot of menu items!! Burger was so dry and well done nothing could save it. French fries cheap, frozen soggy variety. Noticed several other of the tables complaining about their food. All the poor server could do is apologize.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
When McDonalds is paying $11 to $13 dollars an hour for somebody to stand at the counter and ask "Do you want fries with that?", under $15/hr for a line cook doesn't come close to getting competent help.
I agree about low salaries for kitchen staff, but when chain restaurants like Steak N Shake, Beef O'Brady, or Longhorm Steakhouse can serve juicy burgers and steaks cooked to my specifications, it's puzzling to me that some of the country club restaurants can't manage even that level of competence.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:31 PM
Gold member

The problem there is the ownership and management. Needs to be replaced both there and at Hacienda. We ended up at Hacienda on a Monday afternoon after playing golf a couple weeks ago. Most people know that is prime rib night and, in the past, Mondays have been very hard to get into Hacienda. Not then ! There was about 12 people in the whole dining room and the bar was only half full. This was at 5:30 PM. I reluctantly ordered the prime rib since everybody else did and the meat that Aldi's sells prepackaged and frozen actually is better quality. They were also very understaffed and the service was very slow. People are staying away from Hacienda, even after the "remodel" they did. They didn't need to do that little remodel, they needed to improve service and their food! This is what happens when people who are not experienced restauranteurs take over these places.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:34 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
We're full time residents & I personally think it'll only get worse, to many people (snow birds) coming to TV & the resturants are all under staffed. It's all about making money for the Country Clubs!
Don't have that problem at many of the places. The pool bar at Lopez, Tierra Del Sol, Cane Garden, Mallory and Havana are just a few that come to mind. Most of the really bad service etc are localized to Glenview and Hacienda.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:12 AM

Ate at Glenview a couple of nights ago and was very disappointed. Food ho-hum but basically OK, but an antiquated beer list (no IPA or stouts) and very, very noisy. My wife speaks softly and I couldn't begin to have a conversation. Thumbs down.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdfromNH View Post
Ate at Glenview a couple of nights ago and was very disappointed. Food ho-hum but basically OK, but an antiquated beer list (no IPA or stouts) and very, very noisy. My wife speaks softly and I couldn't begin to have a conversation. Thumbs down.
The noise level has always been bad at Glenview, but before new management came in, they had stellar staff which they let go all of them. I don't like it much anymore.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:40 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
The noise level has always been bad at Glenview, but before new management came in, they had stellar staff which they let go all of them. I don't like it much anymore.
Yup - too bad because we love the décor.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:09 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Restaurant

[QUOTE=Dandydon;1592698]What's going on with Glenview Restaurant? We've been away for a few months and went there a week ago and the service was terrible, waited over an hour and a half just to get our food and when it came out the waitress said the fries weren't ready. I sent it back and the manger came over and we just paid for our drinks and left.

Yes, it happens.
So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, When we go to a restaurant, this is our feelings on the matter
1. For the hour, we are at the mercy of the Chef and the workers who are there for the day, maybe not good
2. It is not worthwhile to try to change anything.
3. We will NEVER send anything back, WOW NEVER!!
4. IF it is really messed up, we leave a dollar for the coffee or the water, and walk out.
5, We do not go to that place again.
6. Eat at home a lot
Old 12-14-2018, 05:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big O View Post
I don't understand all of the bitching about food. If you moved to The Villages for fine dining, you made a mistake.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Sorry to disagree but I applauded when they dumped Jill the bar manager! New one is much more pleasant.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:50 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,327 Posts

Thanks to Mom and Dad long visits my cooking is improving. Still going out is better than my cooking!
Old 01-14-2019, 05:48 PM

Went there with a golf group for lunch today. The group was reluctant to go because of poor food and service on previous visits.
The waiter came to take the drink orders, we are out of lemons for the water and out of the special .(noon time)
Strangely my ice tea came with a lemon. His bad attitude should have been omen how things would be.
We waited over an hour for the meals, soup and sandwiches served with a snarky demeanor.
The absolute last time our group will go there.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam&rog View Post
Went there with a golf group for lunch today. The group was reluctant to go because of poor food and service on previous visits.
The waiter came to take the drink orders, we are out of lemons for the water and out of the special .(noon time)
Strangely my ice tea came with a lemon. His bad attitude should have been omen how things would be.
We waited over an hour for the meals, soup and sandwiches served with a snarky demeanor.
The absolute last time our group will go there.
I find this interesting because I was also with a group today at Glenview. We arrived about 12:15. We had no trouble getting lemons or the special. We received our food promptly. Guess we were super lucky we had a good server.
Closed Thread

Tags
terrible, glenview, waitress, restaurant, chicken

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.