Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Glenview Restaurant (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/glenview-restaurant-275352/)

2BNTV 10-25-2018 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big O (Post 1592890)
I don't understand all of the bitching about food. If you moved to The Villages for fine dining, you made a mistake.

"Couldn't agree more!!!

If I don't like a place, I won't go there again but I am easy to please. It has to be terrible for me to avoid.

dewilson58 10-25-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

I don't understand all of the bitching about food. If you moved to The Villages for fine dining, you made a mistake.

:bigbow:

fw102807 10-25-2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

It appears that bitching about food is somewhat of a recreational sport here.

Rapscallion St Croix 10-25-2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fw102807 (Post 1593078)

The words "about food" are redundant and minimizing.

blyarbrough 10-25-2018 11:38 AM

At least they don't seem to be ripping off seniors like the Light House......the inflated my check and I did not catch it until a few days later and they refused to refund even after I showed them the evidence, between the charge ticket and what they submitted to the charge company......be careful Seniors.

BobnBev 10-25-2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blyarbrough (Post 1593094)
At least they don't seem to be ripping off seniors like the Light House......the inflated my check and I did not catch it until a few days later and they refused to refund even after I showed them the evidence, between the charge ticket and what they submitted to the charge company......be careful Seniors.

Smacks of fraud---have you contacted the Sheriff's office? I would press charges.

eweissenbach 10-26-2018 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fw102807 (Post 1593078)

While I tend to agree, and I seldom make derogatory comments about restaurants, occasionally and rarely, glaring problems need to be pointed out. Glenview is a beautiful dining establishment, and used to be one of my favorites, but recently it has gone downhill drastically. I don't like the propensity of some who not only criticize many restaurants, but at the same time, imply that anyone who likes them is somehow less discerning or capable of recognizing quality or lack thereof, than the more sophisticated poster.

fw102807 10-26-2018 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eweissenbach (Post 1593401)
While I tend to agree, and I seldom make derogatory comments about restaurants, occasionally and rarely, glaring problems need to be pointed out. Glenview is a beautiful dining establishment, and used to be one of my favorites, but recently it has gone downhill drastically. I don't like the propensity of some who not only criticize many restaurants, but at the same time, imply that anyone who likes them is somehow less discerning or capable of recognizing quality or lack thereof, than the more sophisticated poster.

But do we really think that discussing this on TOTV is going to change anything? Some people like places others don't it is all just one opinion vs another.

Challenger 10-26-2018 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fw102807 (Post 1593405)
But do we really think that discussing this on TOTV is going to change anything? Some people like places others don't it is all just one opinion vs another.

The market will sort it out.

Aloha1 10-26-2018 04:03 PM

So here's a question: Just who on the Developer's staff is responsible for approving restaurant site leases? And what background do they have to determine if a prospective Lessee truly has the ability to run a great restaurant? Also, Are there any clauses in the standard leases that provide for termination if the Lessee does not maintain basic standard levels for customer service, menu etc.?

To be the best, you must expect the best.

Chatbrat 10-26-2018 04:07 PM

I was told that the developer terminated Guy Fieri's--probably for not paying rent

CWGUY 10-26-2018 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aloha1 (Post 1593497)
So here's a question: Just who on the Developer's staff is responsible for approving restaurant site leases? And what background do they have to determine if a prospective Lessee truly has the ability to run a great restaurant? Also, Are there any clauses in the standard leases that provide for termination if the Lessee does not maintain basic standard levels for customer service, menu etc.?

:ho: Commercial Property | The Villages Commercial Property

ColdNoMore 10-26-2018 04:35 PM

Quote:

Doesn't that apply to almost ANY subject discussed on TOTV...and is the reason it even exists in the first place?

It's simply a bulletin board for members to express their personal view(s), on a plethora of subjects (within the site rules, of course)...whatever that might entail. :shrug:

I personally really like the part that if I don't care for a particular subject or thread...no one forces me to read it. :thumbup:

Northwoods 10-26-2018 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aloha1 (Post 1593497)

I just don't see that happening here. If someone screened potential restaurants and approved only "great" restaurants probably 80% (and I'm being generous) of the existing restaurants wouldn't exist in The Villages. Yet these restaurants thrive. In high season you can't get into to any of the country clubs. All the restaurants on the squares are packed. So it really comes down to "supply and demand." If restaurants are busy and owners are making money, why is there any incentive to do anything different? Most Villagers want to go out to dinner and they don't want to spend a lot of money. So you're not going to get "great" restaurants when the market is satisfied with mediocre. That's just the way it is....

eweissenbach 10-27-2018 09:53 AM

Quote:

With more than one hundred places to spend your money on dining out in and around TV, I think it is helpful to know where you may be more likely to have a good or bad experience. No one has to agree.