Glenview Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2018, 09:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big O View Post
I don't understand all of the bitching about food. If you moved to The Villages for fine dining, you made a mistake.
"Couldn't agree more!!!

If I don't like a place, I won't go there again but I am easy to please. It has to be terrible for me to avoid.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 10-25-2018, 10:14 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,686 Times in 3,599 Posts

Quote:
I don't understand all of the bitching about food. If you moved to The Villages for fine dining, you made a mistake.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:41 AM
fw102807

Quote:
It appears that bitching about food is somewhat of a recreational sport here.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:57 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
The words "about food" are redundant and minimizing.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:38 AM

At least they don't seem to be ripping off seniors like the Light House......the inflated my check and I did not catch it until a few days later and they refused to refund even after I showed them the evidence, between the charge ticket and what they submitted to the charge company......be careful Seniors.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blyarbrough View Post
At least they don't seem to be ripping off seniors like the Light House......the inflated my check and I did not catch it until a few days later and they refused to refund even after I showed them the evidence, between the charge ticket and what they submitted to the charge company......be careful Seniors.
Smacks of fraud---have you contacted the Sheriff's office? I would press charges.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 10-26-2018, 10:38 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
While I tend to agree, and I seldom make derogatory comments about restaurants, occasionally and rarely, glaring problems need to be pointed out. Glenview is a beautiful dining establishment, and used to be one of my favorites, but recently it has gone downhill drastically. I don't like the propensity of some who not only criticize many restaurants, but at the same time, imply that anyone who likes them is somehow less discerning or capable of recognizing quality or lack thereof, than the more sophisticated poster.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:49 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
While I tend to agree, and I seldom make derogatory comments about restaurants, occasionally and rarely, glaring problems need to be pointed out. Glenview is a beautiful dining establishment, and used to be one of my favorites, but recently it has gone downhill drastically. I don't like the propensity of some who not only criticize many restaurants, but at the same time, imply that anyone who likes them is somehow less discerning or capable of recognizing quality or lack thereof, than the more sophisticated poster.
But do we really think that discussing this on TOTV is going to change anything? Some people like places others don't it is all just one opinion vs another.
Old 10-26-2018, 03:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
But do we really think that discussing this on TOTV is going to change anything? Some people like places others don't it is all just one opinion vs another.
The market will sort it out.
Old 10-26-2018, 04:03 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

So here's a question: Just who on the Developer's staff is responsible for approving restaurant site leases? And what background do they have to determine if a prospective Lessee truly has the ability to run a great restaurant? Also, Are there any clauses in the standard leases that provide for termination if the Lessee does not maintain basic standard levels for customer service, menu etc.?

To be the best, you must expect the best.
Old 10-26-2018, 04:07 PM
Sage

I was told that the developer terminated Guy Fieri's--probably for not paying rent
Old 10-26-2018, 04:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
So here's a question: Just who on the Developer's staff is responsible for approving restaurant site leases? And what background do they have to determine if a prospective Lessee truly has the ability to run a great restaurant? Also, Are there any clauses in the standard leases that provide for termination if the Lessee does not maintain basic standard levels for customer service, menu etc.?

Commercial Property | The Villages Commercial Property
Old 10-26-2018, 04:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Doesn't that apply to almost ANY subject discussed on TOTV...and is the reason it even exists in the first place?

It's simply a bulletin board for members to express their personal view(s), on a plethora of subjects (within the site rules, of course)...whatever that might entail.

I personally really like the part that if I don't care for a particular subject or thread...no one forces me to read it.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:25 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post

I just don't see that happening here. If someone screened potential restaurants and approved only "great" restaurants probably 80% (and I'm being generous) of the existing restaurants wouldn't exist in The Villages. Yet these restaurants thrive. In high season you can't get into to any of the country clubs. All the restaurants on the squares are packed. So it really comes down to "supply and demand." If restaurants are busy and owners are making money, why is there any incentive to do anything different? Most Villagers want to go out to dinner and they don't want to spend a lot of money. So you're not going to get "great" restaurants when the market is satisfied with mediocre. That's just the way it is....
Old 10-27-2018, 09:53 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
With more than one hundred places to spend your money on dining out in and around TV, I think it is helpful to know where you may be more likely to have a good or bad experience. No one has to agree.

Tags
terrible, glenview, waitress, restaurant, chicken

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.