Glenview Restaurant

Glenview Restaurant

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 11-12-2018, 07:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
We're full time residents & I personally think it'll only get worse, to many people (snow birds) coming to TV & the resturants are all under staffed. It's all about making money for the Country Clubs!
Don't have that problem at many of the places. The pool bar at Lopez, Tierra Del Sol, Cane Garden, Mallory and Havana are just a few that come to mind. Most of the really bad service etc are localized to Glenview and Hacienda.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:12 AM

Ate at Glenview a couple of nights ago and was very disappointed. Food ho-hum but basically OK, but an antiquated beer list (no IPA or stouts) and very, very noisy. My wife speaks softly and I couldn't begin to have a conversation. Thumbs down.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2018, 11:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdfromNH View Post
Ate at Glenview a couple of nights ago and was very disappointed. Food ho-hum but basically OK, but an antiquated beer list (no IPA or stouts) and very, very noisy. My wife speaks softly and I couldn't begin to have a conversation. Thumbs down.
The noise level has always been bad at Glenview, but before new management came in, they had stellar staff which they let go all of them. I don't like it much anymore.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:40 PM
Sage

Location: Smithville (Kansas City) Mo./ Megan Villas, Sanibel TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
The noise level has always been bad at Glenview, but before new management came in, they had stellar staff which they let go all of them. I don't like it much anymore.
Yup - too bad because we love the d├ęcor.
Restaurant
Old 12-14-2018, 05:09 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Default Restaurant

[QUOTE=Dandydon;1592698]What's going on with Glenview Restaurant? We've been away for a few months and went there a week ago and the service was terrible, waited over an hour and a half just to get our food and when it came out the waitress said the fries weren't ready. I sent it back and the manger came over and we just paid for our drinks and left.

Yes, it happens.
So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, When we go to a restaurant, this is our feelings on the matter
1. For the hour, we are at the mercy of the Chef and the workers who are there for the day, maybe not good
2. It is not worthwhile to try to change anything.
3. We will NEVER send anything back, WOW NEVER!!
4. IF it is really messed up, we leave a dollar for the coffee or the water, and walk out.
5, We do not go to that place again.
6. Eat at home a lot
Old 12-14-2018, 05:16 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big O View Post
I don't understand all of the bitching about food. If you moved to The Villages for fine dining, you made a mistake.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Sorry to disagree but I applauded when they dumped Jill the bar manager! New one is much more pleasant.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Thanks to Mom and Dad long visits my cooking is improving. Still going out is better than my cooking!
Old 01-14-2019, 05:48 PM

Went there with a golf group for lunch today. The group was reluctant to go because of poor food and service on previous visits.
The waiter came to take the drink orders, we are out of lemons for the water and out of the special .(noon time)
Strangely my ice tea came with a lemon. His bad attitude should have been omen how things would be.
We waited over an hour for the meals, soup and sandwiches served with a snarky demeanor.
The absolute last time our group will go there.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam&rog View Post
Went there with a golf group for lunch today. The group was reluctant to go because of poor food and service on previous visits.
The waiter came to take the drink orders, we are out of lemons for the water and out of the special .(noon time)
Strangely my ice tea came with a lemon. His bad attitude should have been omen how things would be.
We waited over an hour for the meals, soup and sandwiches served with a snarky demeanor.
The absolute last time our group will go there.
I find this interesting because I was also with a group today at Glenview. We arrived about 12:15. We had no trouble getting lemons or the special. We received our food promptly. Guess we were super lucky we had a good server.

Tags
terrible, glenview, waitress, restaurant, chicken