Blufin Brunch

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2019, 02:29 PM
Sage
Default Blufin Brunch

Just came back from brunch @ Blufin--2thumbs up, food is fresh and well presented--our drinks were well done

It might become a Sun, routine--avoid the square on Sat because of the farmers mkt--too congested
Old 06-30-2019, 02:56 PM
Platinum member

Good to hear. Thanks.
Old 06-30-2019, 05:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I'm having a hard time getting back up onto the Office Chair. Gimme a Minute.

I couldn't agree more with the OP. I have a tendency to burn out on a place that we LOVE as much as we LOVE The Blue Fin. We have taken a self imposed break from Swimming on Down There. The Food is Fantastic and we Really think the atmosphere and service make it worth the ride.

We just got back from Bob's on Route 25 and reading this is making we hungry for a little Seafood Night Cap. I'm gonna fight the feeling.

Last edited by Nucky; 06-30-2019 at 07:52 PM. Reason: The usual
Old 06-30-2019, 06:43 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I'm having a hard time getting back up onto the Office Chair. Gimme a Minute.

I couldn't agree more with the OP. I have a tendency to burn out on a place that we LOVE as much as we LOVE The Blue Fin. We have taken a self imposed break from Swimming on Down There. The Food is Fantastic and we Really think the atmosphere and service make it work the ride.

We just got back from Bob's on Route 25 and reading this is making we hungry for a little Seafood Night Cap. I'm gonna fight the feeling.

HEY...............If I can swim up-stream like a Salmon to BoneFish at the North Pole, you can float down-stream to BlueFin at the South Pole.

Both places are great..........both are BF..........hope they continue and have great success.

I hope I burn-out at Dunkin' Donuts soon.
Old 06-30-2019, 07:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
HEY...............If I can swim up-stream like a Salmon to BoneFish at the North Pole, you can float down-stream to BlueFin at the South Pole.

Both places are great..........both are BF..........hope they continue and have great success.

We prefer to swim upstream to the Bonefish, more consistent food and they take reservations. Bonefish is well worth the swim.
Old 06-30-2019, 08:22 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Just came back from brunch @ Blufin--2thumbs up, food is fresh and well presented--our drinks were well done

It might become a Sun, routine--avoid the square on Sat because of the farmers mkt--too congested
Agree!!! we tried their brunch and it was great. But their regular menu is really good too. Great restaurant.
Old 06-30-2019, 08:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post

Is the Dunkin Donuts in the best place in Brownwood or what. After a movie, After The Fin. They really are great down yonder. The D.D.'S upstream is not really that great and they are about to find out about their shortcoming's in I guess about a month, when WaWa Opens, I'm so happy I can hardly contain my bad self. From the time you place the order till the time your sipping your coffee at DD'S you may have a 5 O'clock Shadow. The WaWa Coffee is heavenly and easily reachable via Golf Cart for me on 441. Ahh, can't wait!

I think I need a 12 Step Program for Coffee!
Old 07-01-2019, 11:30 AM
Sage

When the WaWA's open up, you're going to think you are in coffee heaven and they're breakfast sandwiches are to die for--adios DD--they will be history in short time--WaWA is the wave of the future
Old 07-08-2019, 01:48 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Is the Dunkin Donuts in the best place in Brownwood or what. After a movie, After The Fin. They really are great down yonder. The D.D.'S upstream is not really that great and they are about to find out about their shortcoming's in I guess about a month, when WaWa Opens, I'm so happy I can hardly contain my bad self. From the time you place the order till the time your sipping your coffee at DD'S you may have a 5 O'clock Shadow. The WaWa Coffee is heavenly and easily reachable via Golf Cart for me on 441. Ahh, can't wait!

I think I need a 12 Step Program for Coffee!
Nuck, how do you get to WaWa on 441 in a cart? Are you referring to the one near 301?
Old 07-08-2019, 02:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
Nuck, how do you get to WaWa on 441 in a cart? Are you referring to the one near 301?
He is referring to the Wawa under construction on 441 in Lady lake, in front of Harbor Chase and next to Great Lakes Carpet.
Old 07-08-2019, 02:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Go thru the Paradise Gate on the old side. It is across the street (441) from D.D. And I can't wait til it opens either!
Old 07-10-2019, 09:19 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post

Great review Chatbrat! I know you've been skeptical of FMK in the past but I give you a TON of credit for being objective and giving them another chance. I've also tried their brunch. I also thought it was good!!
Old 07-10-2019, 10:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
Sorry I missed this Henryk. If you look on Google maps come over the Golf Cart Bridge stay to the left past the Dog Park and The Archery Range. Stay straight on Paradise until you get past BOONE, you'll see the Guardshack on your left. After the 5th home on your left, you'll see a little path to the Gate that only opens with your gate card. There is no Little Red Button. This gets you access to all the great spots, WaWa, Lowes, Cracker Barrel and Walmart, eventually. That one is a little rougher. You have to find the path in Aldi's Parking Lot to get on the Duke Energy Path to Walmart. Hope this helps. Good Luck. It's a beautiful ride and you get to see the other side. It's really nice over here.

P.S. First time on this road trip go during the day. It was our first major error to do it late at night in the dark! Wasn't fun!!! I still hear about it from time to time!
Old 07-11-2019, 09:24 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Sorry I missed this Henryk. If you look on Google maps come over the Golf Cart Bridge stay to the left past the Dog Park and The Archery Range. Stay straight on Paradise until you get past BOONE, you'll see the Guardshack on your left. After the 5th home on your left, you'll see a little path to the Gate that only opens with your gate card. There is no Little Red Button. This gets you access to all the great spots, WaWa, Lowes, Cracker Barrel and Walmart, eventually. That one is a little rougher. You have to find the path in Aldi's Parking Lot to get on the Duke Energy Path to Walmart. Hope this helps. Good Luck. It's a beautiful ride and you get to see the other side. It's really nice over here.

P.S. First time on this road trip go during the day. It was our first major error to do it late at night in the dark! Wasn't fun!!! I still hear about it from time to time!
Thanks. I love driving my cart and this seems like a fun trip.

Tags
brunch, sun, routine--avoid, square, mkt--too

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.