Gleview Resturant ... Take It Or Leave It Attitude

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2010, 10:21 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
Our golf group went to Glenview on Friday. The hostess should be replaced. First she would not seat all 16 at one time. She said it would overwhelm the server.(We have sat together many time after golf at Glenview) After splitting us up, I was in the last group. I told her that I was the last group of the 16. She asked if everyone was there. Three of us were standing there and the forth was washing his hands. She said " when he's finished and he's present then I'll seat you". We left. Their hospitality has been great, but I hear more and more folks leaving because of the hostess's attitude.
I was in this same group and I agree 100% with the above posters comments. The hostess was extremely rude and gave us all the attitude that they didn't need our business and we could go elsewhere if we didn't like her rules. About half of the group did but I was already seated. We play a different Championship course each Friday morning and then have lunch and drinks at that courses country club. I have a feeling the next time we play Glenview, we will go elsewhere for lunch.

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Veteran member

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Unfortunate that they were not advised in advance about that large a group. With the usual mob scene this time of year setups for 16 can be difficult.

Have pre-planned in the past and we were accomodated.

Our group had brunch today............good food, service and the hostess was friendly. Been there many times for a positive experience. One of our favorite places to dine...............

Last edited by chuckster; 03-21-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:55 PM
Default Glenview CC

My wife and I have eaten there a few times, three or four, for dinner and have only ONE problem........the noise level there is almost staggering from people either drinking too much and yelling, or general conversational levels being so loud it is hard to focus on the menu at times.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Default Glenview

Many of us stop at Glenview after golf,always good service and good meal and treated very well.
The only problem is with the hostess,will not seat us together, always wants to put us guys in bar room at the round tables,very uncomfortable for a group of 8/12 guys.

Last edited by Autoshow; 03-21-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Sage

It seems several different people have the same issue at Glenview concerning large groups sitting together. Has anyone spoken to management about it?
Old 03-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Eternal Member

We had never had an problem with it until Friday with this one particular hostess

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:40 AM

Glenview has "gone right down the tubes" so to speak. Attitudes stink, service stinks, and food is lousy. ....and to the original poster...you are sooooo right. They simply do NOT care!! I guess enough people still go there that they aren't concerned about losing a few patrons or that posts get put on here that knock them. SHAME ON THEM!!! I have a LOT of towns and restaurants to choose from down here and I will be taking my money elsewhere from now on.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Veteran member

We have been going to Glenview regularly for nine years. We were just there Wednesday. Always had good food and never encountered anyone with an "attitude." Guess we've been lucky.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Eternal Member

I have had good meals and bad meals at Glenview but the good outnumbers the bad. After a couple of meals I just know not to order certain things.

Since I mostly do lunch, the service is never that bad if you sit on the veranda overlooking hole 9 on Stirrup Cup. If you sit on the area next to the bar, you need an alarm and a lasso to capture a waitress. They go to every table but mine!

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:35 AM

My wife and I had lunch at Glenview yesterday (Friday). We are making it a point to experience lunch or dinner at all of the Club Houses. We both enjoyed our experience at Glenview. The hostess was very friendly and seated us in a booth and our waiter was very prompt in greeting us and informing us of the specials and taking our drink requests.

The lunch specials we ordered, Grouper, Steak sliders were cooked to our satisfaction and arrived at the table in a timely manner. Our waiter came over to ensure everything was prepared as we ordered. Our soft drinks were refreshed and shortly after completing our meals, she was there to clear the table and present the bill. From what I saw with the other customers and the other staff those having lunch were enjoying it. It does get a bit loud in the main seating area during peak lunch hour.

Our expectation when we dine out. A clean establishment with efficient, friendly service staff and good food prepared as ordered. Glenview did all of that so they will have us as return customers. I also would give the same review for Arnold Palmer where we have enjoyed the same experience.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.