Going back to Evans Prairie

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2015, 10:40 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Four Seasons is a great place.....they still make Caesar Salad at the table and the birthday cotton candy was wonderful.....I love cotton candy....lol.
Their Frogs Legs were fantastic also!!
Old 11-06-2015, 07:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

There are some who will go due to the fact they do not read totv. Some will go for a second chance. some will see if there is something wrong again.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:09 AM
Eternal Member

We went to a restaurant for an Easter brunch in Michigan years ago. Hubby took a bite of his nice big sausage patty. All of a sudden he spit it out along with a piece of his tooth. It happened to be the metal ring that closes the wrap of the ground sausage.
Of course our buffets were comped and the restaurant paid for the dental bill.
We continued to eat our brunch cause hubby wasn't having any pain.
It was always one of our favorite restaurants.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:07 PM

What a cute way to look at this...the restaurant has been beat up enough! Ihave very high regard for the management, the due diligence they took in this matter, their sanitary record, their charitable nature, the professionalism of staff and the food quality.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabeRogers View Post
What a cute way to look at this...the restaurant has been beat up enough! Ihave very high regard for the management, the due diligence they took in this matter, their sanitary record, their charitable nature, the professionalism of staff and the food quality.
How can it get any better than this. We are living the dream.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:06 PM
Email Reported As Spam

A mouse in a salad is indicative of larger problems at this establishment and i don't care what the state inspectors say that place is off my list. It was the same with the chinese place in Southern Trace haven't been back since and I like chinese food
Old 11-06-2015, 03:16 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
A mouse in a salad is indicative of larger problems at this establishment and i don't care what the state inspectors say that place is off my list. It was the same with the chinese place in Southern Trace haven't been back since and I like chinese food
The mouse was probably from the packing place.

I had a very large bird & a couple of smaller ones. I would buy larger bags of feed and scoop it into some smaller plastic containers at home. One day I was scooping out of the bag at home and the food smelled awful. I took another scoop and low and behold a dead bird. I called the company. They have a very large grain plant and said sometimes birds fly in and get caught in the grain bins.
They sent me lots of goodies for my bird and of course, fresh food. My birds never needed another toy.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:03 PM
Veteran member

Bonny, bottom line inspect inspect inspect its a restaurant not bird feed. Reputation . I worked in resorts and hotels there was no excuse for anything. Hotels, you screw up you lose your flag and your done. Simple as that. Surprise inspections are the key. When they are the busiest. If the food is prepackaged then they should not trust it,check it.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:40 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgind View Post
Bonny, bottom line inspect inspect inspect its a restaurant not bird feed. Reputation . I worked in resorts and hotels there was no excuse for anything. Hotels, you screw up you lose your flag and your done. Simple as that. Surprise inspections are the key. When they are the busiest. If the food is prepackaged then they should not trust it,check it.
Yes, of course, I know it's not bird feed !!! Just stating that it can happen in a large plant. An inspection would not have changed the outcome. It was found in pre bagged spring mix. Most restaurants use pre bagged lettuce !
Old 11-07-2015, 08:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Yes, of course, I know it's not bird feed !!! Just stating that it can happen in a large plant. An inspection would not have changed the outcome. It was found in pre bagged spring mix. Most restaurants use pre bagged lettuce !
I think the poster meant that the restaurant staff needed to inspect, inspect, inspect.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:33 AM
Gold member
Default Pretty sure they understood that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
I think the poster meant that the restaurant staff needed to inspect, inspect, inspect.
and really didn't need it pointed out. Unlike some intentional occurrences stuff happens and unless it's something that happens quite often then give it another chance.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
and really didn't need it pointed out. Unlike some intentional occurrences stuff happens and unless it's something that happens quite often then give it another chance.
The clue was "in a large plant" indicates she thought the poster was talking about the salad packaging facility.
Closed Thread

Tags
prairie, evans, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.