Golden Corral

Closed Thread
Old 06-21-2020, 12:38 PM
Default Golden Corral

Has anyone been to the Golden Corral since it has reopened? Good or bad? Do the employees wear masks? Is it still serve yourself or do they bring the food to you? Have they cut back on any of the items?
Old 06-21-2020, 12:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

The only Buffet we patronize is Jimmy
Wouldn't touch any other with a 6' fork
Old 06-21-2020, 01:03 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlhig View Post
Has anyone been to the Golden Corral since it has reopened? Good or bad? Do the employees wear masks? Is it still serve yourself or do they bring the food to you? Have they cut back on any of the items?
Golden Corral Rules | Endless Buffet Restaurants | America's #1 Buffet

Golden Corral | Endless Buffet | America's #1 Buffet Restaurant
Old 06-21-2020, 01:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
The only Buffet we patronize is Jimmy
Wouldn't touch any other with a 6' fork
HAHA took me a while but I THINK I finally got it! Personally I find buffets (AND salad bars) gross especially the chain places like the GC and similar. IMO the name fits the place, to me it's like eating in a corral with all the animals attacking the food and coughing and sneezing and drooling all over it even with the glass "guard." I guess the (allegedly) clean highly trained and heavily sanitized serving staff there will make it appear a little better (NOT).
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 06-21-2020, 03:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
HAHA took me a while but I THINK I finally got it! Personally I find buffets (AND salad bars) gross especially the chain places like the GC and similar. IMO the name fits the place, to me it's like eating in a corral with all the animals attacking the food and coughing and sneezing and drooling all over it even with the glass "guard." I guess the (allegedly) clean highly trained and heavily sanitized serving staff there will make it appear a little better (NOT).
Given current state of of affairs .
I know we want to get back to normal what ever that is.
Business are struggling .Think buffets can open safely patrons go down a line 6 feet apart just have few servers
placing what ever items you may want on your plate.
Eliminates contamination
sounds simple to me
Old 06-21-2020, 03:10 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

I can't remember the last time the wife and I ate at Golden Corral it's been that long. I don't know how they pass health inspections.
Old 06-21-2020, 03:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Business are struggling .Think buffets can open safely patrons go down a line 6 feet apart just have few servers
Eliminates contamination
sounds simple to me
Yeah, right. I’ve seen some of the F/A’s going into GC; they won’t adhere to the 6’ rule.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,046 Times in 5,336 Posts

Do not see how a 6 ft rule would work at a place like golden corral or for that matter any buffet place.

We like them but going to be awhile before we go back to one
Old 06-21-2020, 04:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Eliminates contamination
sounds simple to me
Pandemic or no, I still say ewwwwww to buffet chains. There are enough people to keep 'em going without me. Tried one in Vegas years ago and recently in Disney which was supposed to be "the greatest " at Boma ($50/person iirc) Flavors of Africa and it just grossed me out. The food LOOKED like it might be good but still tasted mass produced & was barely warm but I'd still rather have paid $70 for a hamburger. Fortunately my kids treated.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Seems like nobody has been there yet to answer the OP's question, so here is what's out there. The Golden Corral in The Villages is considered "no touch" with cafeteria style servers and social distancing. Going back for seconds is no problem. Evidently, the selection is pretty extensive.
Old 06-21-2020, 05:25 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Pandemic or no, I still say ewwwwww to buffet chains. There are enough people to keep 'em going without me. Tried one in Vegas years ago and recently in Disney which was supposed to be "the greatest " at Boma ($50/person iirc) Flavors of Africa and it just grossed me out. The food LOOKED like it might be good but still tasted mass produced & was barely warm but I'd still rather have paid $70 for a hamburger. Fortunately my kids treated.

The U.S. Food & Drug Administration has recommended discontinuing “salad bars, buffets and beverage service stations that require customers to use common utensils or dispensers.” It has also asked restaurants to encourage spacing while in line.

Access Denied
Old 06-21-2020, 05:39 PM
Veteran member

We have been there. (I guess we are the white trash of TV because we like it ha.) Half of the tables are blocked off. Servers all wear masks and/or visors. Server brings a stack of plates and silverware to your table. (Brings more as needed.) It is still more or less cafeteria style but some of the stuff is on little plates so you pick up a plate rather than dish out food.

If you ate there before you will like it just fine.

kathy
Old 06-21-2020, 09:26 PM

Guess I’m white trash too. We went past week. I’m guessing no one wants to know what the F/A’s thought about it. Compared to other eateries we support, Golden Corral has been diligent with following the guidelines. We enjoyed our meal. To OP go enjoy worth the $.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlhig View Post
The employees wear masks. It’s still self-serve. And they haven’t cut back on any items 😊
Old 06-22-2020, 05:56 AM

We went there last week. It was actually safer than many other restaurants we have been to lately. Some tables are blocked out to ensure 6 foot distancing. All the staff are wearing masks. There are designated servers (who bring fresh plates, drinks, etc.) to the tables, and designated staff who remove dirty dishes from tables. The wait staff never touches anything that has been touched on tables by the customers. All staff wear and change gloves between tables. The food is now set up cafeteria style, meaning that you enter at one end and go through a line which has 6 foot markers. They make customers wear gloves and supply them at the start of the line to ensure serving utensils remain clean between changes (which is often). They have gone to incredible lengths to be a safe eating establishment. Love their fried chicken and the huge shrimp they serve at dinner on the weekends. That's the only thing we go there for, but everything looked safe.
Closed Thread

Tags
golden, corral, cut, food, bring

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.