Good food, LOUSY service

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2021, 01:40 PM
Default Good food, LOUSY service

Took my wife to dinner (her birthday) at Havana. Last time I was there was terrific. This time: started with a shrimp cocktail. Six very large shrimp, served rather quickly. We usually get a small plate to put the shrimp on after each bite. I had to ask the waiter for the plates. Usually, most restaurants will bring you glasses of water and the bread plate even before the waitress takes your order. Not here. Got our food in an acceptable amount of time. I had to ask for water and bread. These are gimmees in the rest. business. Doesn't sound like much, bit it was not what I expected. I had heard that Havana had righted the ship under it's new ownership. Better get out the life rafts, the ship is sinking (again). I can cross Havana of my list of good restaurants when I go out for dinner in the future.
Old 03-12-2021, 02:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,354 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrider View Post
Took my wife to dinner (her birthday) at Havana. Last time I was there was terrific. This time: started with a shrimp cocktail. Six very large shrimp, served rather quickly. We usually get a small plate to put the shrimp on after each bite. I had to ask the waiter for the plates. Usually, most restaurants will bring you glasses of water and the bread plate even before the waitress takes your order. Not here. Got our food in an acceptable amount of time. I had to ask for water and bread. These are gimmees in the rest. business. Doesn't sound like much, bit it was not what I expected. I had heard that Havana had righted the ship under it's new ownership. Better get out the life rafts, the ship is sinking (again). I can cross Havana of my list of good restaurants when I go out for dinner in the future.
What was the managers explanation when you complained?
Old 03-12-2021, 02:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Not receiving water and bread without requesting it is not a big deal to me. They are not a sinking ship!
Old 03-12-2021, 02:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,021 Times in 5,322 Posts

Quote:
Does appear you are a bit more demanding than we are
Old 03-12-2021, 03:07 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Oh, the humanity!
Old 03-12-2021, 03:08 PM

Personally, I am grateful not to have to pay for something that may/may not be wanted at each and every patrons table regardless of asking. We always say to server we want water, whatever else we are drinking, and no bread thank you. That way it does not go to waste costs....which others pay.
Old 03-12-2021, 04:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

The parking lot is packed every night. We have been eating inside except the month or so all inside was closed. They have been so busy every night, I applaud the staff for trying to keep up. Water is not always automatically brought. We have always had bread brought to the table. Sometimes if something is missing one should just ask, instead of brooding

Last edited by thelegges; 03-12-2021 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-12-2021, 05:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,021 Times in 5,322 Posts

Come to think of it most servers would ask what you would like to drink and than bring it.

Guess we live in a different world than the OP.
Old 03-12-2021, 05:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Not receiving water and bread without requesting it is not a big deal to me. They are not a sinking ship!
It is a big deal, if the restaurant is a good one and has a reputation to uphold. Even Cody's and Texas Roadhouse offer better service than what was described by the OP. Simple stuff but important none the less.

I think of the service we receive on cruise ships in specialty restaurants. THAT is the service I really appreciate.
Old 03-13-2021, 06:02 AM

Personally I don't see a reason to cross the restaurant for those omissions but that's me!
Old 03-13-2021, 06:03 AM
Veteran member

Hardly a sinking ship.
Old 03-13-2021, 06:07 AM

Quote:
It's such a tough life for us....
Old 03-13-2021, 06:10 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

Hope your birthday present lived up to expectations.
Old 03-13-2021, 06:19 AM

Be happy, relax ... sign of the times, workers are hard to find in any place of employment.. most make more in UE and handouts..
Old 03-13-2021, 06:37 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
How did you tip this time? How did you tip last time? Maybe the server recognized you. Just trying to come up with the reason you were treated sooo badly . Splitting a shrimp cocktail. Split a dinner too? Needed that bread?
Closed Thread

Tags
shrimp, havana, time, restaurants, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.