Good time at Havana

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Gold member

Our Monday neighborhood golf group has been stopping at Havana the last few weeks after golf for drinks and appetizers. Our group size varies as we could have 12 to 20 folks but Havana says no problem and sets up on the patio for us when we come in even if everyone is not there. Food and service has been pretty good.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:49 AM
Dancing Thyme

Oh Boy,,,, is this a complete 180 from what we used to hear. Good to know, glad to hear but just don't order the veal piccata, its like shoe leather. I eat there at least 3 times a week and there are good days and bad days, so I keep my menu selection to those things that I know will be good. I've always had good service though and I love, love, love the entertainment but I wish we could have more of it outside, it was beautiful out there in the past.
Thanks Havana for getting your act together.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default WOW hate to admit it

It's been sometime since the wife and I went there. After readind the recent post we decided to give it another try. We convinced 2 neighbors to go with us. Meal was great, service was good. Hope they finaly got their stuff together. They're close by and it would be nice if things are taking a change for the betteer.Time will tell. returning soon with other neighbors.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:15 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Oh Boy,,,, is this a complete 180 from what we used to hear. Good to know, glad to hear but just don't order the veal piccata, its like shoe leather. I eat there at least 3 times a week and there are good days and bad days, so I keep my menu selection to those things that I know will be good. I've always had good service though and I love, love, love the entertainment but I wish we could have more of it outside, it was beautiful out there in the past.
Thanks Havana for getting your act together.

Kath,

As usual, you are spot on. I, too, love to go there for the entertainment and the proximity to our home. The food can vary so I stick to certain items. I really hope they keep things moving in the right direction. Since the involuntary departure of one member of their waitstaff - service has been consistently good.

k
Old 04-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Gold member

Had lunch yesterday( 4/21/11 ) after a round of golf @Havana and all 8 of us were graciously seated on the patio and ALL of us were very happy with our meals. Certainly will return and look forward to it.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:39 AM

Went to Havana for lunch yesterday with my wife and daughter. We were greated and seated outside, lunch was great. We will be back soon!
Old 05-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Went to Havana last night for dinner. Have waited this long to post to remove any emotion. Walked in and there was no one there to seat us. Another couple ahead of us so asked if they had been waiting long. There answer "to long" So we waited another 5 minutes and finally the hostess showed up and seated the first couple then us. Our waiter was fine. Took a while for drinks to arrive, but I guess the bar was busy. Our food did arrive, we both ordered one of their nightly specials. Very mediocre at best. I counted 22 people working there, kitchen, wait staff, hostess, etc. Almost as many people working as patrons. Workers stood around talking and not taking care of the people. That is what I learned where the hostess hung out instead of greeting new customers. Two tables near me called for the manager. One because they ordered the salad bar and no salad plates were delivered. Not sure what the issue was at the other table, but they had some problem.

I have been to restaurants where they are more diners and 1/3 the staff they have and the service and food were outstanding. Everything about the dining experience last night was below par. I personally will never go back until the owner or manager or whoever makes the decisions there is gone. They really have no clue about managing a service oriented business.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:27 PM

We went to Havana for lunch today ... party of 4 ... seated immediately ... prompt and efficient service (Eric) and good food ... but this was lunch and dinner may be different ...
Old 05-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

I've been to Havana about 5 times in the last 2 weeks. Service has been top notch every time. My expectations might be low, but the food is Ok and what I expect at the country clubs, especially at the prices we pay. If I want a great meal with impeccable service, I eat at home! . We rarely eat alone at the clubs, so ambiance and conversation with friends is the priority for us.

I will keep going back....
Old 05-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
I've been to Havana about 5 times in the last 2 weeks. Service has been top notch every time. My expectations might be low, but the food is Ok and what I expect at the country clubs, especially at the prices we pay. If I want a great meal with impeccable service, I eat at home! . We rarely eat alone at the clubs, so ambiance and conversation with friends is the priority for us.

I will keep going back....
Exactly right!
Old 06-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Sage

Went to Havana for the first time tonight. We were in a party of 8, seated immediately (most snowbirds have flown north), good service and good food.

Will return.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 06-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Default Havana

Really good pizza....big change since the new chef there! Love those Too Old Boyz on Wednesday nite!
Old 06-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Platinum member

I think the food is better too but do not understand why in the early evening they cannot have outdoor music. The patio is lovely. The dance floor inside is impossible. So many people go for the music as well. Surely there could be some accommodation with the neighbors who complain--perhaps just some nights? We almost bought a lot nearby and I would welcome the music.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

I was at Havana last evening and someone in my group commented that one of the regulars in our Friday couples golf group complained to the manager about the loud outdoor music, when trying to have dinner and conversation on the patio. I always thought the loud music issue was with the neighbors, but it might have been with Havana customers ...

Don't know, but it does put a different spin on the issue.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Havana

I stayed away from Havana during the crowded time. went back about a month ago on a Thursday night for German night. Outstanding. Have been back twice since on Thursdays still great. As for the music it seems the people on the other side of the golf course opposite the outside area don't all like music and know who to contact to have it stopped. It's a damn shame because the outside is great area for music and it only plays till nine. I didn't think 9 PM was that late since that's when the squares ends it.

Last edited by skip0358; 06-04-2011 at 05:05 PM. Reason: left something out
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.