Good time at Havana

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
I was at Havana last evening and someone in my group commented that one of the regulars in our Friday couples golf group complained to the manager about the loud outdoor music, when trying to have dinner and conversation on the patio. I always thought the loud music issue was with the neighbors, but it might have been with Havana customers ...

Don't know, but it does put a different spin on the issue.
The music at Havana is a turn off for our golf groups as well. We go to dinner to eat and socialize. When you can't hear what anyone says it puts a real damper on the evening.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
I was at Havana last evening and someone in my group commented that one of the regulars in our Friday couples golf group complained to the manager about the loud outdoor music, when trying to have dinner and conversation on the patio. I always thought the loud music issue was with the neighbors, but it might have been with Havana customers ...

Don't know, but it does put a different spin on the issue.

Friday night the music in the corner beyond the bar was loud and an annoyance when we were trying to enjoy our dinner. The complaint didn't come from our table but it could have. We were there at 5 PM and didn't expect the live music.

And the Pizza was really good - they let you choose your own toppings for $.50 per topping in addition to the $8.95 base price for a medium size pizza.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 06-05-2011, 03:05 AM
Veteran member

The music at Havana didn't start until 5:30 on Friday night. If it was so annoying, why didn't you eat on the patio where you would not have been disturbed? We came specifically for the music and found it enjoyable. The crowd around the bar was much noisier and rowdier than any of the entertainment!
Old 06-05-2011, 05:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac9 View Post
The music at Havana didn't start until 5:30 on Friday night. If it was so annoying, why didn't you eat on the patio where you would not have been disturbed? We came specifically for the music and found it enjoyable. The crowd around the bar was much noisier and rowdier than any of the entertainment!
Someone in my group [before I joined them] complained about the music OUTSIDE; not inside. They were sitting on the patio and the music was too loud to have a conversation. This happened months ago, by the way.

My only point was that it may not have been ONLY the neighbors of Havana that complained about the outside music. It might have been the guests at Havana that got the outside music stopped.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Veteran member
Question

Memason, my comment was to Chuckinca, not you. He mentioned the loud entertainment on Friday night. I realized that you were talking about when the music was outside.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Memason, my comment was to Chuckinca, not you. He mentioned the loud entertainment on Friday night. I realized that you were talking about when the music was outside.
Sorry mac9.... My bad.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Sage

Quote:

Our group of 8 people went to Havana to have dinner at 5 PM. We came specifically for the dinner, had we known that loud music started at 5:30 right next to where we were eating we probably would not have gone there. We were not advised that we should sit on the patio to avoid the loud music starting at 5:30 and if we were so informed we would have left because it was too hot to eat outside.
The crowd at the bar, right next to our table, was not an issue.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 06-07-2011, 06:46 PM

Havana Oh boy, here we go again, and again, and again.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:35 AM

WE are sooo upset, havana country club is soo dirty and the service is bad, bar area is very bad, such a shame because it is in a great location !!!!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 11:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyi View Post
WE are sooo upset, havana country club is soo dirty and the service is bad, bar area is very bad, such a shame because it is in a great location !!!!!!
Welcome to TOTV. Very interesting 1st post. I'm new here, too. It is a nice place to visit and learn things. Many good people here, too.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Did you discuss this with a manager??

BTW, I think it is time to start a new thread relating to Havana.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Sage

I only had one lunch at Havana (first time there 2 weeks ago), but I had a very good lunch. I would definitely go back for lunch or dinner. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Four of us ate there Sunday evening after golf. Food was good, service was fine, beer was very cold, and didn't notice any cleanliness issues. We all remarked on how well Havana has bounced back from its early inconsistent times. We had an awful Thanksgiving dinner there in 2009 and didn't return for over a year. Been back 3-4 times in the past 6 months and had a good experience each time.

Just a counterpoint example, not denying you experienced what you said.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Please,,, do not confuse this cathyi with THIS KATHIE I....

I am worried about this new person having the same name as me....
I have felt that Havana has improved on their food of late, but I recently had a very bad service issue and took up the problem with the manager. Waited 45 min just to get an iced tea??? They were very apologetic and wanted to do anything they could to rectify the issue esp since I am a very good customer, but my patience was spent so I left.
Unfortunately, cut off my nose to spite my face??

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 07-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Whoops, sorry.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.