Good time at Havana

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2011, 07:38 AM

Havana was one of the first places I dined at when we got into town. I had no issues. Seems to me if you look for the worst in something you will always find it. Just my two cents.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:42 AM
Veteran member

We ate there last Saturday night with 6 folks. Service was great but the food was so so. My steak tasted like it was cooked in the oven not on a grill(I know this because all winter I cook it that was due to deep snow on the grill) Chicken Cordon Blu had the ham and cheese on the outside of the chicken... we had a great time and the singer was really good. VERY reasonably priced!

Katie Bells was probably the best meal of the week with prime rib special and a HUGE lobster tail added for $8.....SUPERB!

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Old 07-31-2011, 05:02 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Really glad to hear this as it is closest to our house in Hadley.

Does anyone know if management has changed lately? Well, one way or another, it is GOOD news!
They had staff change several months ago and it has improved quite a bit. We live right next door and had the worst meals in the villages from Havana. We have been back recently and have been happy with the improvements in food quality. It has always been a nice club, just needed the recent shake up of kitchen staff. Give them a try now and you will be surprised at the change.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyi View Post
WE are sooo upset, havana country club is soo dirty and the service is bad, bar area is very bad, such a shame because it is in a great location !!!!!!
Welcome, I see this is your first post.........As mentioned I'm sure you discussed this with the manager.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:42 AM
Default havana

Havana seems to be really turning things around. The is good service is much better. Saturdays spcials are amazing and the prices are not to high. Way to go Havana!
Old 09-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Please,,, do not confuse this cathyi with THIS KATHIE I....

I am worried about this new person having the same name as me....
I have felt that Havana has improved on their food of late, but I recently had a very bad service issue and took up the problem with the manager. Waited 45 min just to get an iced tea??? They were very apologetic and wanted to do anything they could to rectify the issue esp since I am a very good customer, but my patience was spent so I left.
Unfortunately, cut off my nose to spite my face??
No need to worry KATHIE I...you are one of a kind! Thanks for all the gatherings at Crispers...have made many new friends!
Old 09-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Default Havana

Unfortunetly...Things seem to have gotten back to where they were before. Specials are offered and when you order it (even on a slow night) they are all out. Service is not good and everytime we are there... new people are working. Why can't they keep their help? We USED to go on Wednesday to see Two Old Boyz (from NJ) and now are told they are not there.
What happened? We enjoyed their music...even though people continually gripe about the music at Havana. The music isn't that lous there and IF it is... go outside where the grumpy neighbors had the music stopped.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Havana

Yes the grumpy neighbors got their way. chris was notified by the villages that ALL outside music will stop. So if there is music it will be inside.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Default Lease prohibited outside music

Havana's lease specifically said they were not to have outside entertainment.

Plymouth (MA)
Lexington (MA)
Old 09-11-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
"grumpy neighbors"
I live across the street from Havana and frequent Havana; I am a "neighbor"; I don't think I am particularly "grumpy"; some nights the music was pleasant, others not so much; and on those otherwise pleasant nights when I had to go inside and close the lanai doors in order to read a book or watch TV I thought about calling Chris or The Villages or the Sheriff, but did not ... some of my neighbors did and I can understand their position ... there are at least two sides ...
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.