GuY Fieri's

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2017, 09:50 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts
Default GuY Fieri's

First visit tonight not received well by me.

Had a 12 person reservation. Had dueling assistant managers. Tall one said have to go to 3 separate tables somewhat close to each other, nothing else available (Why accept a 12 person reservation).

Got seated and was approached by short one asking why I was seated at table. Said it was for someone else and she was preparing our 12 person table. I said talk to tall one. Got a curt excuse.

That aside, no drafts beers tonight as they were having a craft brew draft only.

Not good so far.

Ordered half rack of ribs. Taste OK but no meat. Horrible. Ribs but only scrapings of meat on the bones that were served.

Side of macaroni tasteless and had to ask for pepper and salt which was not on table. Also had a crushed cracker topping, one was still in a fish form (wonder where that topping was from).

And then there was the coleslaw which was tasteless. Expect tangy got blah.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:12 PM
Eternal Member

Did you speak to the general manager about the quality of the food and advise him that you were going to post a negative review on TOTV?

Email their corporate headquarters and advise them of your experience.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Don't go back.....that will send a message plus it will make you feel better.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-23-2017, 11:29 PM
Platinum member
Thumbs down Getting the Word Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
First visit tonight not received well by me.

Had a 12 person reservation. Had dueling assistant managers. Tall one said have to go to 3 separate tables somewhat close to each other, nothing else available (Why accept a 12 person reservation).

Got seated and was approached by short one asking why I was seated at table. Said it was for someone else and she was preparing our 12 person table. I said talk to tall one. Got a curt excuse.

That aside, no drafts beers tonight as they were having a craft brew draft only.

Not good so far.

Ordered half rack of ribs. Taste OK but no meat. Horrible. Ribs but only scrapings of meat on the bones that were served.

Side of macaroni tasteless and had to ask for pepper and salt which was not on table. Also had a crushed cracker topping, one was still in a fish form (wonder where that topping was from).

And then there was the coleslaw which was tasteless. Expect tangy got blah.
It sounds like you would have fared better at the Golden Corral, except for the fact that it has no snob appeal.

You might get the attention of management if you post your evaluation on the Google review page.

GuY Fieri's - Google Search
Old 09-24-2017, 05:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Agree about the tasteless coleslaw. I had to "doctor up" the slaw with a mayonnaise which I asked for on the side, salt, pepper and a bit of sweetener. It was delicious with those additions because the thin cut of the cabbage was really nice. I did let the server know how tasteless the coleslaw was.

Same visit...... my brother-in -law and I ordered the Kobe beef burger. We both ordered them to be cooked medium rare. The server told us the policy is to cook the beef to medium well. (What restaurant kills a Kobe beef burger by cooking to that temperature???) We said we wanted the burgers to be pink on the inside and juicy. The server assured us the burgers would be pink and juicy. We received our burgers with a black char on the outside that ruined the flavor of the beef as the char was so overpowering. The inside of the burger had absolutely no pink but somehow, it was juicy. I must admit, this burger was the worst tasting burger I have ever had in a restaurant. We complained to the management and received 10% off of our bill. We did not send the burgers back because we did not want to have to wait. I know now not ever to order a burger or any kink of beef at this restaurant.

The trash can nachos were delicious. That was the only part of our meal that was great.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:35 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Its a big "like" for Golden Corral

Its a mistake to waste your time with the manager. first you explained the two head honcho contradicted one another. Secondly the problems you experienced were created by the manager and if s/he missed on those very basic s/he ought not to be a manager
Old 09-24-2017, 08:18 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post

Its a mistake to waste your time with the manager. first you explained the two head honcho contradicted one another. Secondly the problems you experienced were created by the manager and if s/he missed on those very basic s/he ought not to be a manager
And I suppose it does a lot of good to complain about it here?
Old 09-24-2017, 08:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Same

We had the same experience regarding the food. In addition it is very loud and the menu is restrictive. Would
not go back.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:27 AM
Gold member

One poster in another thread actually bragged about how her/his "Reviews" were effective and those restaurants were no longer in business. Huge dollars were spent by investor/owners who took a chance and they lost it all. Do these incessant reviews by some of the same "experts" play a part? I don't know but it sure does not help.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:00 AM

In any restaurant I expect to be fed a good meal accompanied by prompt courteous efficient service. That is what I want in return for paying the tab and remunerating the servers with a respectable tip. In a more upscale restaurant I expect the quality of my meal to be top drawer, again with very good service. The tab, when it comes will be expensive, but will happily be paid if my expectations are met.

If my expectations are met, I will tell friends and neighbors and often times post a review on a forum such TOTV. If they are not, I also reserve the right to again tell the world how lousy my experience was and frankly do not give a rats behind if it contributes to the failure of the restaurant. Entirely too many investor/owners know nothing about the restaurant business, or how to hire competent managers if they themselves choose not to be actively involved. Good food and service are simple concepts and most customers in return for their hard earned money will walk away happy if the restaurant provides both. If it does not, why should it expect to remain in business ?
Old 09-24-2017, 09:25 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post

I LOVE Golden Coral........a little bit of this...a little bit of that.....
no longer do I have to "ogal" what my table mates have ordered....and wish I had chosen that.....I simple get up and get my own....

Simple as that....
Old 09-24-2017, 09:27 AM

Food was not well prepared. Sent back wings which came out half cooked. Appetizers were not as described. On a positive note, no problem getting seats and the server was very good. You could tell she was embarrassed by the quality of preparedness. Drink menu was ok and maybe that's all they care about. Not worth ever going back to. He should be ashamed having his name associated with this. Then again, the one in Orlando is equally as bad.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:00 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivaridger1 View Post
In any restaurant I expect to be fed a good meal accompanied by prompt courteous efficient service. That is what I want in return for paying the tab and remunerating the servers with a respectable tip. In a more upscale restaurant I expect the quality of my meal to be top drawer, again with very good service. The tab, when it comes will be expensive, but will happily be paid if my expectations are met.

If my expectations are met, I will tell friends and neighbors and often times post a review on a forum such TOTV. If they are not, I also reserve the right to again tell the world how lousy my experience was and frankly do not give a rats behind if it contributes to the failure of the restaurant. Entirely too many investor/owners know nothing about the restaurant business, or how to hire competent managers if they themselves choose not to be actively involved. Good food and service are simple concepts and most customers in return for their hard earned money will walk away happy if the restaurant provides both. If it does not, why should it expect to remain in business ?
Very well stated. Too many on TOTV believe only positive restaurant reviews are in order. I believe there’s room for honest reviews and let the marketplace sort them out. Exorbitant rents may but a lack of training in the kitchen and among the wait staff will surely kill a restaurant.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:07 AM
Veteran member

Stopped by for lunch yesterday. The tuna sashimi won ton tacos were excellent. We did not like the calamari, thought it may have been overfryed, but they were happy to replace it or take it off the bill. The bloody Mary's were huge, delicious and came with two skewers that I would classify as including it's own appetizers. It was truely big enough to share.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:17 AM

I was there for lunch with three friends a week or so after they opened. Not one of us were pleased with the food or service. We all ordered something different. Only one of us actually got all of what they ordered. They didn't charge me for my meal when I told them I couldn't eat it and they did give the others credits on their bills. We all left with the feeling we would never return. When I drove by yesterday I thought how much I wished it was still Honest John's where I always enjoyed eating.
Closed Thread

Tags
person, table, topping, tasteless, seated

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.