GuY Fieri's

Closed Thread
Old 09-24-2017, 11:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDCART View Post
Very well stated. Too many on TOTV believe only positive restaurant reviews are in order. I believe there’s room for honest reviews and let the marketplace sort them out. Exorbitant rents may but a lack of training in the kitchen and among the wait staff will surely kill a restaurant.
I agree overall. But I’d like to see some detail. For example, a member above posted that the cole slaw was bland and that adding some mayo and seasoning made the difference. Now I know what to expect from the cole slaw. Statements that the food was awful with no detail give nothing. Descriptions about service also need detail. Some expect the server to almost hover in the neighborhood to handle any and all needs. Others feel they are being rushed if the server is always around.

So I don’t mind a critical review of a restaurant as long as it provides information that can help me or others understand what the problem was and whether, to me, that would be a reason to avoid the place, or not.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
I agree overall. But I’d like to see some detail. For example, a member above posted that the cole slaw was bland and that adding some mayo and seasoning made the difference. Now I know what to expect from the cole slaw. Statements that the food was awful with no detail give nothing. Descriptions about service also need detail. Some expect the server to almost hover in the neighborhood to handle any and all needs. Others feel they are being rushed if the server is always around.

So I don’t mind a critical review of a restaurant as long as it provides information that can help me or others understand what the problem was and whether, to me, that would be a reason to avoid the place, or not.

Well said.

I didn't like Sweet Tomatoes. We took vegan grandson there and we had not been before. It was lacking in ambiance to me, kind of an "industrial" décor.

It had a decent salad bar but I like the comfy chairs at Ruby Tuesday's if salad bar was what I wanted. I didn't find anything on the menu I liked and they do serve meat. Just not MY cup of tea.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:12 PM
Gold member

i retired as Chairman of the Board of the Universe a long time ago. I do not pretend to know why 70-80% of Small Businesses fail within 5 years. You appear to have some insight which would be put to better use if it was shared with the restaurant owners, not here.I do strongly admire someone who risks their hard earned money to start a business and wish them all the success in the world. I would rather offer my constructive thoughts to the owner of any business where it may do some good than post in a Forum that could hurt their chances for success. There were some folks who posted about the new Havana restaurant without setting foot in the place because they listened to others who did not like it for one reason or another.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:23 PM
fw102807

I said it before and I will say it again. We all come from different areas of the country and all have different expectations. Just because your expectations are not met does not mean it is bad for everyone. I personally put grits in the same category as wallpaper paste but I know others think they are great. We went to Guy Fieri's and thought it was just OK mostly because much of it is fried which is not appealing to me.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:27 PM
Sage

I set foot in Havana.last afternoon--we had a quick snack at another club--their liquor and wine selection is way down in quality, finished the last of their good Vodka-- we'll wait to see if they get their menus together

Based up what we heard about Guy Fieris and after looking at their menu online--we'll pass on this place

If we eat @ LSL--it will be either Cody's or RJ Gators
Old 09-24-2017, 12:48 PM
Platinum member

Having been within earshot of a Guy Fieri public temper tantrum, I won't put a penny in that primadonna's pocket.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:31 PM

When you need to tell the owner/investor of a restaurant over and over again, they need to serve quality well prepared food and do so with prompt and courteous service the future of the establishment is pre-ordained. It will fail, and probably does the public a favor by doing it sooner then later.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:49 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Having been within earshot of a Guy Fieri public temper tantrum, I won't put a penny in that primadonna's pocket.
Okay, Canary, sing! I thrive on details.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:56 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivaridger1 View Post
When you need to tell the owner/investor of a restaurant over and over again, they need to serve quality well prepared food and do so with prompt and courteous service the future of the establishment is pre-ordained. It will fail, and probably does the public a favor by doing it sooner then later.
Puzzles me why you would keep going back to the same restaurant to tell the owner “over and over” when there are plenty of restaurants that you like better. It must be very frustrating for a man of your emence talents and intellect to have people not do exactly as you say. What could they be thinking? Yeah. Let ‘em grow broke!
Old 09-24-2017, 02:28 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
Puzzles me why you would keep going back to the same restaurant to tell the owner “over and over” when there are plenty of restaurants that you like better. It must be very frustrating for a man of your emence talents and intellect to have people not do exactly as you say. What could they be thinking? Yeah. Let ‘em grow broke!
PLEASE. Let's not turn TOTV into the on line paper's comments section.
Old 09-24-2017, 02:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
And I suppose it does a lot of good to complain about it here?
Well... yes. I'll never order cole slaw there. That's two complaints on the cole slaw.
Old 09-24-2017, 02:57 PM
Platinum member
Smile Location, location, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Well said.

I didn't like Sweet Tomatoes. We took vegan grandson there and we had not been before. It was lacking in ambiance to me, kind of an "industrial" décor.

It had a decent salad bar but I like the comfy chairs at Ruby Tuesday's if salad bar was what I wanted. I didn't find anything on the menu I liked and they do serve meat. Just not MY cup of tea.
I have to agree about the "industrial" feeling of the Sweet Tomatoes in The Villages.

In contrast, the Sweet Tomatoes in Tampa has a warm, welcoming atmosphere, with friendly employees, somewhat subdued lighting, and a wide variety of made-from-scratch soups and breads accompanying the extensive salad bar. Also available are baked and sweet potatoes, and rice.

It is more than four times the size of the one in The Villages, and also has a small private dining room that can be reserved for meetings. The desert bar includes fresh fruit as well as cookies and soft serve ice cream.

They have been in business for over a decade, and it's one of my favorite places to eat. It's a shame that the one in The Villages doesn't compare well to the one in Tampa.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:21 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
And I suppose it does a lot of good to complain about it here?
Do you or do you not agree that word of mouth concerning eateries is a critical factor as to their survival? If you do agree , then posting on TOTV to residents who are a large part of the captive group likely to choose a restaurthen indeed it does a lot of good. if however, you disagree believing posters are just complaining in the wind which you post indicates customers are wasting their time posting on TOTV.

I elected the former position. I also reiterate that management, including the owner(s) have the carrying oar. if a business opens they need to be ready to meet customers expectations. Most of what is being spoken here does not appear to be customers demanding the impossible.

Why is it a place like Givoanni's misses most of this criticism?

Personal Best Regards:
Old 09-24-2017, 03:44 PM
Sage

because its real food, not boil in the bag ,microwaveable -drek
Old 09-24-2017, 04:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
because its real food, not boil in the bag ,microwaveable -drek
I'll second that. Is all most of us are asking for is something better then we can make it home. Since most of us don't know the faces of the owners of the restaurants here it's very difficult to voice your opinion to a manager that may or may not be able to pass on how good food and service or the lack of.

Tags
person, table, topping, tasteless, seated

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.