Guy Fieri's, Part Deux

Closed Thread
Old 07-12-2018, 05:48 PM
Sage

Today's paper had an ad in classified for a manager for Guy Fieri's. Can you see the writing on the wall?
Old 07-12-2018, 08:13 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
Today's paper had an ad in classified for a manager for Guy Fieri's. Can you see the writing on the wall?
That's about manager number five for that place. You see them advertise in the industry listings all the time.

Skip
Old 07-13-2018, 02:47 PM
Gold member

I was only there once but I have two comments:

1. I loved the chicken Cordon Bleu pasta, even at 7500 calories.

2. I liked the Bloody Mary,but the “salad” on top was unnecessary, especially on the second one.
Old 07-13-2018, 03:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by logdog View Post
I recently paid $10 for a $20 Groupon at Steak & Shake. Are they in trouble too?
Is Culver’s effecting their business S&S has always had coupons. Anytime you see free food, there is a reason behind it, new business, new management, or new place just opened up down the street, and need to bring in new business. Since I won’t eat in a S&S, I can’t tell you why they have resorted to Groupon
Old 07-13-2018, 03:47 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
I was only there once but I have two comments:

1. I loved the chicken Cordon Bleu pasta, even at 7500 calories.

2. I liked the Bloody Mary,but the “salad” on top was unnecessary, especially on the second one.
How was the third one???
Old 07-13-2018, 05:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Is it possible that the constant barrage of negativity influences other restaurants from moving into the empty spots in Brownwood??

Guys wasn’t phenomenal but we enjoyed our meal an we’re taken care of properly. We will go back.

The constant bombing of most restaurants make it look like people are trying to be steered to a restaurant that the bomber has a financial interest in and away from a laundry list of places. Who knows? It is a bit much when it is constant.

Being a food critic is a great hobby but people invest their lives savings into getting these places going. I’m sure they are trying to please.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Is it possible that the constant barrage of negativity influences other restaurants from moving into the empty spots in Brownwood??

Guys wasn’t phenomenal but we enjoyed our meal an we’re taken care of properly. We will go back.

The constant bombing of most restaurants make it look like people are trying to be steered to a restaurant that the bomber has a financial interest in and away from a laundry list of places. Who knows? It is a bit much when it is constant.

Being a food critic is a great hobby but people invest their lives savings into getting these places going. I’m sure they are trying to please.
Couldn’t agree more
Old 07-13-2018, 07:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

LOL

I'm personally finding it quite humorous, that anyone would think that a restaurant is experiencing a downturn and/or upturn simply because of a few negative/positive comments from the minuscule number of total residents in TV...who are active posters on TOTV.

Instead of the restaurants own actions and product quality...whether they be good or bad.

And as to some conspiracy, that those posting their own negative experiences because of some financial incentive at another establishment...I find downright hilarious.

Time to cue the 'X-Files' music.

While I do love that show, the conspiracy theories espoused around here sometimes...gives it a good run for its money.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Went there tonight had about 30 with us. New Bar prices were great I think the best in TV. We missed the new lunch menu a few had wings and other items no real complaints. They are offering a veterans discount everyday. There were quite a few people eating in the main restaurant area. Hope they can pull it together as it’s a great location. Time will tell. Oh yea this might help to 10% discount IF you a veteran. Very Cold Draft beer $1.75 , mixed drinks very reasonable.

Last edited by skip0358; 07-14-2018 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Missed something
Old 07-13-2018, 11:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

No problem. Give a reason for a constant volley of criticism on virtually every establishment. I don’t see the humor in attacking local businesses constantly and dovetailing the attack with comments about empty storefronts. Possible related? The amount of posters or who it is doesn’t matter to me. Everyplace can’t be horrible.

Never saw any television show with this plot. Just seems to make sense to more people than just me.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post

Sure all of maybe 1000 who post here rule the 100,000, plus who don’t read TOTV. cause we have written so all must follow.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:39 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Sure all of maybe 1000 who post here rule the 100,000, plus who don’t read TOTV. cause we have written so all must follow.
You're right and out of the 1000 maybe 25 don't like any of the restaurants so why keep whining about it? Central Florida is not known to be a Mecca for fine dining and 5 star restaurants are never going to be drawn here for senior discounts.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
You're right and out of the 1000 maybe 25 don't like any of the restaurants so why keep whining about it? Central Florida is not known to be a Mecca for fine dining and 5 star restaurants are never going to be drawn here for senior discounts.
But with the average median income here, we keep those excellent restaurants just outside the bubble very busy. Sadly most established eating facilities seem to think old retired people have lost their palette for good food, and their ability to pay. As long as no one cares about quality of dining here, it will never improve. Our lifestyle didn’t change just because we turned 60, it actually improved because we have more time to enjoy it.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:12 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
But with the average median income here, we keep those excellent restaurants just outside the bubble very busy. Sadly most established eating facilities seem to think old retired people have lost their palette for good food, and their ability to pay. As long as no one cares about quality of dining here, it will never improve. Our lifestyle didn’t change just because we turned 60, it actually improved because we have more time to enjoy it.
The majority of Villagers want inexpensive meals and 2 for one happy hour. I sincerely doubt that any fine dining establishment could profit here and continually slamming the restaurants that are already here which many people like is not going to change this. I don't believe it is the people from TV that are keeping the excellent restaurants just outside the bubble profitable.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
In spite of a lot of people's burning desire and fervent wishes, we can't control other people...or their opinions/viewpoints.

We're all allowed (within the site rules of course), to express our own views/opinions and also the ability to agree/disagree with them, or at least until such time (horror forbid)...we end up like a Russia/China/North Korea/Etc.

For me personally, I get a chuckle out of the constant whining...about others perceived whining.
Closed Thread

Tags
daily, prices, fieris, lower, guy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.