Hacienda Hills -Country Club?????

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2015, 01:20 PM
Default Hacienda Hills -Country Club?????

How sad that a "Country Club" (Hacienda Hills) does not cater to Golfers as virtually all "Country Clubs" in the world outside The Villages do.

Yesterday, sixteen of us finished Golf at HH at precisely 4:00PM. Being in the lead group, I approached the Hostess in the "Country Club" Restaurant and advised that sixteen of us would like to be seated for drinks.

At this point I must digress to tell you that at least 3/4 of the tables throughout the joint were empty, not set for diners, just empty.

Back to my story. The hostess said we could sit at the bar where there were two or three empty seats or go outside. I said, it's cold outside and accordingly we wanted to have our drinks inside. Her quote, "The Dining Area is reserved for diners." I politely suggested to her that since the dining room was 3/4 empty and it was only 4:00PM it made no sense to turn away a drink tab for 16 people. I also advised her that we would be gone in less than 30 minutes. All to no avail as she insisted that "that's the rules" and refused to seat and serve us. OK, out to the porch we went, settled up our small wagers and left without a single drink being purchased.

To conclude, I'll bet you've figured this out, the joint was over half empty when we left. So let's summarize, HH lost out on a bar bill for 16 thirsty golfers and in the process ****ed off 16 potential customers.

I can't wait to hear how some of you will justify this outrageous treatment of golfers at a place that has the nerve to call themselves a Country Club. And NO, we didn't ask to speak to the Manager as that's probably the jerk that made the rules in the first place.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:49 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

I don't support the treatment, and I do have some positive thoughts, but with "I can't wait to hear how some of you will justify this outrageous treatment of golfers at a place that has the nerve to call themselves a Country Club. And NO, we didn't ask to speak to the Manager as that's probably the jerk that made the rules in the first place. ". I'm not sure what the purpose of your post is or what you are looking for from the fine people on ToTV.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:28 PM
Veteran member

Next time, zip over to the bar at Tierra. Vera (best bartender in TV) will be more than happy to serve you guys,
My only complaint with Tierra is that they close at 8. In the summertime, if you play the twilight rates and stop at dark, the bar is long closed.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:30 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguyintv View Post
How sad that a "Country Club" (Hacienda Hills) does not cater to Golfers as virtually all "Country Clubs" in the world outside The Villages do.

Yesterday, sixteen of us finished Golf at HH at precisely 4:00PM. Being in the lead group, I approached the Hostess in the "Country Club" Restaurant and advised that sixteen of us would like to be seated for drinks.

At this point I must digress to tell you that at least 3/4 of the tables throughout the joint were empty, not set for diners, just empty.

Back to my story. The hostess said we could sit at the bar where there were two or three empty seats or go outside. I said, it's cold outside and accordingly we wanted to have our drinks inside. Her quote, "The Dining Area is reserved for diners." I politely suggested to her that since the dining room was 3/4 empty and it was only 4:00PM it made no sense to turn away a drink tab for 16 people. I also advised her that we would be gone in less than 30 minutes. All to no avail as she insisted that "that's the rules" and refused to seat and serve us. OK, out to the porch we went, settled up our small wagers and left without a single drink being purchased.

To conclude, I'll bet you've figured this out, the joint was over half empty when we left. So let's summarize, HH lost out on a bar bill for 16 thirsty golfers and in the process ****ed off 16 potential customers.

I can't wait to hear how some of you will justify this outrageous treatment of golfers at a place that has the nerve to call themselves a Country Club. And NO, we didn't ask to speak to the Manager as that's probably the jerk that made the rules in the first place.
Sounds like the waitress made a good call. If the place was 3/4 empty when you made the request and half empty when you left, that means it was filling up pretty fast.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
Sounds like the waitress made a good call. If the place was 3/4 empty when you made the request and half empty when you left, that means it was filling up pretty fast.
Great Logic! What about the other half that was still empty?
Old 02-19-2015, 04:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Over the years there have been similar complaints but they have been about almost all of the country clubs, Glenview, Mallory, Cane Garden, Havana, ...that they would not hold tables for large groups of golfers as they came in. They wanted all golfers to arrive and then be seated, but that was for lunch.

There must be a good reason for that. Perhaps all sixteen didn't show up sometimes? Perhaps many Villagers do dine at four? Maybe she has had drinkers linger a good while into the dinner time? I am sure she didn't make the rules.

I would not like to be a server in The Villages. I don't have the patience they must demonstrate daily. .

Not the same but the first to come up in search for "they wouldn't seat us."

Bad Taste Left In The Mouths Of Our Guests
Old 02-19-2015, 04:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

The restaurants at the country clubs are privately owned entities and they pay rent to the landlord to operate as a food service business. They are not designed to cater to the golfers like many resort courses, Country clubs, and tourist destinations. That's just the way it is. I dare to guess that if any group of 4, 8, 16 or more went to Outback, Bonefish, Carrabbas, (name the restaurant) and asked to be seated for drinks only, especially close to dinner seating time, they would be turned down. Or, they would be directed to the bar and/or patio area. The country club restaurants aren't any different.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:30 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Great Logic! What about the other half that was still empty?
You were only there long enough to settle up the bets and the room went from 3/4 empty to 1/2 empty. At that rate, the room would be full in ten to twenty minutes.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:47 PM
Platinum member

It's that time of year
Old 02-19-2015, 05:35 PM
Sage

You could buy your own club, then you could make the rules.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
You were only there long enough to settle up the bets and the room went from 3/4 empty to 1/2 empty. At that rate, the room would be full in ten to twenty minutes.
Duh! It was still half empty when we left. What's your point?
Old 02-19-2015, 05:42 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
You could buy your own club, then you could make the rules.
Can we bring cats & dogs, will there be roundabouts, fresh fish or frozen, gates & guards or not, extra pickles or just two, an administrator or monitor, saving seats or not..............how will we decide???

Old 02-19-2015, 05:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Can we bring cats & dogs, will there be roundabouts, fresh fish or frozen, gates & guards or not, extra pickles or just two, an administrator or monitor, saving seats or not..............how will we decide???

Your club, your rules!
Old 02-19-2015, 05:48 PM
Gold member

What is the rest of the story? Did all 16 go home sober? Too bad the early diners missed out on hearing 16 guys all talking at the same time discussing their golfing exploits.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:55 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Duh! It was still half empty when we left. What's your point?
Math doesn't seem to be your strong suit, but here goes.

When you asked to be seated, the room was 1/4 full
When you left, the room was 1/2 full
In your own words you did not stay long
Conclusion: The room was filling up fast.

You did not order drinks, and therefore, left as soon as the bets were settled.
Had you been seated and ordered drinks, you would have stayed longer
Conclusion: At the rate the room was filling up, your staying longer would have resulted in diners having to wait for tables.

Your turn.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.