Hacienda Hills Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2020, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
There has been lots of talk about the need for repairs, updates, etc. to the building. Is this an actual fact? Or, is this in the same category as "the bridge over Lake Sumter is sinking" (not true, but enough people say it that is taken as fact by many)?
Keeping restaurants running and open is a tricky business and requires so much dedication and hard work that fewer people are willing to commit to that life.... Also, I believe as areas in The Villages often have similar age groups, we see a drop in the older areas to come out and eat and drink and support the local "country club restaurants".

The developer's business plan was to build and often establish and run restaurants and then lease them to other people to run. This has met with a mixed bag of failure and success for the very reason that it is hard to keep a restaurant alive.

Does anyone know who footed the bill for the recent redecorating of Cane Garden? Was it the business who runs it or the developer who owns the building?

I think we need to understand the complexities of running a restaurant where we have enormous crowds for three months out of the year. What do you do with the help during the quiet season? It looks to me that it requires the same money skills that running our personal finances do, but saving money for the bad times is not everyone's skill.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:44 AM
Default Hacienda Restarurant

Commercial rental properties are much different from residential the developer just leases the shell.Tenants are responsible for all modifications.We have a commercial property up north our tenant signed a 25 lease built the building, insures the building, pays the taxes, pays for liability insurance for us in case of a suit and maintains the building.
The brothers that operate Lopez spent thousands remodeling that restaurant and l can assure you the developer paid for none of it.
Old 02-17-2020, 06:15 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Charles View Post
I recall visiting friends here in TV (was asked to meet them at Katie Bells) a few years before I purchased a home here in 2012. They were involved in a line dance group and when I sat down waiting for them I noticed a table tent which read "there is a 2 drink minimum" during the daytime! I told the server I wanted to order lunch she said she would have to charge me for 2 beverages also! I ended up leaving there without purchasing lunch and the 2 drink minimum. I bought a home here in March of 2012, I never went back there while it was open because of that.
Guess what, Katie Belles is still open, do you live here ?
Old 02-17-2020, 06:21 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I don't agree with your assessment and don't recall any such interaction with the Suliemanns. Any business wants their buildings leased. The developer maintains infrastructure and buildings very well as we all can see. Many of the older restaurants in the earlier areas have closed and it is very possible it is because as people age they don't go out as much. Don't drink as much, simply don't financially support the restaurants in their neighborhoods.

Here is an old thread about El Santiago where people are complaining about five dollars to share an entrée and other issues. I think it is from 2007.

El Santiago
You are wrong once again, maybe you should stop by and ask the Suileman's because I did. If Hacienda was open and run correctly, it would be well attended. I know somebody who works at a WOB under the previous owner and they said he only had that place as a tax deduction. I don't care about an old thread from Santiago pointing out complainers about the prices. The fact is that the AAC bought the place from the developer stupidly and then had to tear it down because it hadn't been maintained
Old 02-17-2020, 11:01 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Developer put their share of profits every month in their pockets for years and years ..Obviously put nothing back into updating the building
A lot of people claim The Developer only sucks money out of everything and never invests in existing buildings. But what about the Rialto? I believe the Developer is putting in a significant amount of money to renovate that movie theater. They could easily just let it go. They have two other theaters. But... they are investing.
Perhaps it doesn't make financial sense to the Developer to invest in the La Hacienda building. That is their prerogative.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Keeping restaurants running and open is a tricky business and requires so much dedication and hard work that fewer people are willing to commit to that life.... Also, I believe as areas in The Villages often have similar age groups, we see a drop in the older areas to come out and eat and drink and support the local "country club restaurants".

The developer's business plan was to build and often establish and run restaurants and then lease them to other people to run. This has met with a mixed bag of failure and success for the very reason that it is hard to keep a restaurant alive.

Does anyone know who footed the bill for the recent redecorating of Cane Garden? Was it the business who runs it or the developer who owns the building?

I think we need to understand the complexities of running a restaurant where we have enormous crowds for three months out of the year. What do you do with the help during the quiet season? It looks to me that it requires the same money skills that running our personal finances do, but saving money for the bad times is not everyone's skill.
The restaurant business has both the highest bankruptcy rate and owner/manager alcoholism rate of any business. Very difficult business, regulations, increasing minimum wages and food/rent costs, which are difficult to pass on to consumers. Open all the time, most busy time weekends and holidays, when no one wants to work. Big time burn out for owner/operators. Very difficult to maintain good help and still turn a profit.

This was my mistake of a career choice when young. I have a college degree in Hotel Restaurant and Travel Administration. What I learned is that I needed to go to graduate school and get an MBA with a Finance concentration and start a real career. I admire and applaud anyone who can make a good living in the restaurant business, very difficult.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I know people who own restaurants in TV. Hacienda is not in good shape. They need somebody who is willing to spend a lot of money to renovate. It is an old building with an old kitchen. I have not heard any news of it reopening.
IMO that’s responsible of the owner if wants lease it. But, we know trying to dump it on the district like the other three.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
A lot of people claim The Developer only sucks money out of everything and never invests in existing buildings. But what about the Rialto? I believe the Developer is putting in a significant amount of money to renovate that movie theater. They could easily just let it go. They have two other theaters. But... they are investing.
Perhaps it doesn't make financial sense to the Developer to invest in the La Hacienda building. That is their prerogative.
Well then they’re going to have to invest I tearing it down.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:32 PM

It was completely renovated about 1 year ago under the previous owner/manager. It reopened and then closed again after about 3 - 6 months.

I love TOV because it is so full of rumors and inaccuracies. Many of the posts on this topic talk about the building needing renovations. Am I the only one who "knows" that it was completely renovated in the later part of 2018?

What is needed is someone with knowledge to post a response, and stop the guesses.

Last edited by Moderator; 04-03-2020 at 05:47 AM.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aletarw View Post
It was completely renovated about 1 year ago under the previous owner/manager. It reopened and then closed again after about 3 - 6 months.

I love TOV because it is so full of rumors and inaccuracies. Many of the posts on this topic talk about the building needing renovations. Am I the only one who "knows" that it was completely renovated in the later part of 2018?

What is needed is someone with knowledge to post a response, and stop the guesses.
Get real- this is TOTV - This place is dangerous for the uninitiated reader. so much misinformation. That being said I still read for the very small percentage of gems that are posted by a very few knowledgeable people.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:09 AM
Veteran member

Unfortunately, with the current situation with the flu in TV, the last thing on the mind of any business person, including the developer, is opening a restaurant at HH. My wife and I used to go there 2 or 3 times a week several years ago, before it went down hill. SAD, but like the El Santiago Restaurant and the Chula Vista Restaurant, I think HH will be gone forever.
Closed Thread

Tags
hacienda, restaurant, hills, make, news

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.