Happy hour at mallory

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN View Post
No facts, just going to happy hours for 40 years and observing peoples habits. Other than outlawing alcohol completely, your not going to stop people from drving impaired.
Yes, but why enable them?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:58 AM

We always enjoyed listening to Terri on Fridays and having 2 cocktails before dinner. We usually are able to order 2 drinks each and dinner for less than $32.00 if we watch where we go and what time. In this way we can eat out 3 days for under $100. We never have more than 2 drinks but do enjoy those 2 before dinner. We will not be going to Mallory til they go back to the old happy hour in the summer.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill32 View Post
For my 2 to 3 beers, happy hour or not, wouldn't effect where I go. I go where I'm comfortable, if I have to worry about an extra 2 or 3 bucks I'd stay home."

You are very fortunate to not have to think about this, but not everyone is in the same boat so it is important to some folks who also enjoy going out.

" I do see the point of the " heavy drinkers" who are sitting at the bar for 3 to 5 hrs a day and they will go where they can drink the cheapest.
"

And there is something wrong with this?
Old 01-18-2013, 11:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimivillager View Post
We always enjoyed listening to Terri on Fridays and having 2 cocktails before dinner. We usually are able to order 2 drinks each and dinner for less than $32.00 if we watch where we go and what time. In this way we can eat out 3 days for under $100. We never have more than 2 drinks but do enjoy those 2 before dinner. We will not be going to Mallory til they go back to the old happy hour in the summer.
That's the spirit! Boycott Mallory when they are doing us all a favor by keeping a few drunks off the road.

The thinking on this subject baffles my mind. People complains when there are crazy drivers on the road but when a restaurant cuts down on free alcohol, people complain about that. Lets all have "one for the road" and hope we don't KILL or get KILLED on the way home.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Its snowbird season. I'd also be willing to bet that they're raising the drink prices because they can. They same reason that golf prices go up this time of year. I've seen prices go up at the grocery stores too. When the snowbirds leave, prices will move back down.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
Its snowbird season. I'd also be willing to bet that they're raising the drink prices because they can. They same reason that golf prices go up this time of year. I've seen prices go up at the grocery stores too. When the snowbirds leave, prices will move back down.
Maybe I missed something from earlier in the thread........but I don't think the concern expressed was about drink prices being raised per se - it was about the timeframe for happy hour being changed.

Bill
Old 01-18-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Maybe I missed something from earlier in the thread........but I don't think the concern expressed was about drink prices being raised per se - it was about the timeframe for happy hour being changed.

Bill
People in The Villages has a tendency to wonder with there thoughts....
Old 01-18-2013, 02:13 PM
Default Bad round

Let's be honest after a bad round of golf some of us become heavy drinkers
Old 01-18-2013, 03:38 PM
Sage

Quote:

Bill
You are correct Bill, but when you change the time frame that changes the drink prices! Lots of people go to dinner between 5 & 6 and appreciate the happy hour opportunity with their dinner.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:03 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamIam View Post
Let's be honest after a bad round of golf some of us become heavy drinkers
I really don't think a bad round of golf has much to do about The Heavy drinkers
Old 01-18-2013, 04:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Just a guess: Mallory might have changed the timeframe for their happy hour in order to help make more room for people coming in for dinner.

Bill
Bill you win the prize for the correct answer.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Sage

"Just a guess: Mallory might have changed the timeframe for their happy hour in order to help make more room for people coming in for dinner."

Possible, but I believe the timeframe change in happy hour would actually have the opposite effect. The customers coming in for dinner want an incentive for coming to Mallory CC instead of going to another restaurant. Half price drinks are a great incentive and the restaurant still makes money on the half price drinks.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:52 PM
Default Parking Lot Full Friday Night

We did not eat at Mallory Friday night, but the parking lot was full at 6 PM as we drove by. Apparently, the non-happy groupies were out in force.

Plymouth (MA)
Lexington (MA)
Old 01-18-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
"Just a guess: Mallory might have changed the timeframe for their happy hour in order to help make more room for people coming in for dinner."

Possible, but I believe the timeframe change in happy hour would actually have the opposite effect. The customers coming in for dinner want an incentive for coming to Mallory CC instead of going to another restaurant. Half price drinks are a great incentive and the restaurant still makes money on the half price drinks.
Actually... this time of year the volume is going to be there regardless, no incentive is necessary to drive sales.
Why would any, right-minded, business person leave money on the table by extending discounted drink prices into the dinner hour?
They will, and should, save the "good-will" for the off-season.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potsie View Post
Actually, this time of year the volume is going to be there regardless. No incentive is necessary to drive volume/sales. Why would any right-minded business person leave money on the table by extending discounted drink prices into the dinner hour. They will save the "good-will" for the off-season.
And I will appreciate that good will very much and enjoy it during the off season
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.