Harvest Restaurant - Worst Service Ever

Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2022, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkinsGuy View Post
Just spent 2-hours “dining” at Harvest Restaurant in Brownwood. Was only approached after about 20 minutes. Between the time the appetizer and dinner order was taken and served, it was at least 45 minutes, maybe longer. While that is perfectly acceptable at a Michelin star restaurant, I suggest it represents abysmal service at Harvest. To top it off, the blond woman at the front desk was rather rude when I CALMLY mentioned the issue and her asking curtly “what do you want?” Duh, how about reasonable service! I should mention they were kind enough to comp a desert for my family. Notwithstanding the fiasco, I did leave a 30% tip since I understand that wait staff relies on tips. I suggest this was a management issue so why penalize the server. As for me, thanks for ruining my birthday dinner. I wont return to Harvest anytime soon and my recommendation to others is to think before you visit Harvest. Your mileage may vary.
I heard McDonals opened on 44. Try that if you want fast food.
Old 12-30-2022, 05:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
I over tip I’m not going to say how much because I wouldn’t be believed , but my tips are always in cash and while I don’t ask I’m sure the wait staff put the extra in there pocket , I also give money at Christmas to favorite servers , I eat out all the time and never cook , I see how hard the job is and could tell you more stories then you have time to listen about how many people stiff the servers when it comes to tips in the villages and the many managers who move there hours around on a whim , these problems are not unique just to villages , but far worse then any other place I’ve been
We don’t eat out much anymore but when we do I over tip. My minimum tip is 50% and if the total bill is $50 or less I give the server a 50 dollar bill. Why? We can afford it and often it makes someone’s day. We know about struggling and now in our twilight it’s fun to make someone happy.
Old 12-30-2022, 05:59 PM
Location: Lived in MD, SC, DE, PA, VA, CA, Italy, Spain, USNS Comfort & Mercy...moved from New Mexico
Default Harvest Restaurant

My husband and I have eaten there 4 times and the service is varied b/w excellent and very poor; these visits were outside of holiday or weekend visits. The food has been the same way however has improved immensely since first opening up.

We've decided to try restaurants outside the "bubble" for this reason and will be exploring Winter Springs area since there's a lot of nice restaurants there with excellent service & superb food. Life's too short to put up with marginal service, poor food prep & match high costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkinsGuy View Post
Just spent 2-hours “dining” at Harvest Restaurant in Brownwood. Was only approached after about 20 minutes. Between the time the appetizer and dinner order was taken and served, it was at least 45 minutes, maybe longer. While that is perfectly acceptable at a Michelin star restaurant, I suggest it represents abysmal service at Harvest. To top it off, the blond woman at the front desk was rather rude when I CALMLY mentioned the issue and her asking curtly “what do you want?” Duh, how about reasonable service! I should mention they were kind enough to comp a desert for my family. Notwithstanding the fiasco, I did leave a 30% tip since I understand that wait staff relies on tips. I suggest this was a management issue so why penalize the server. As for me, thanks for ruining my birthday dinner. I wont return to Harvest anytime soon and my recommendation to others is to think before you visit Harvest. Your mileage may vary.
Old 12-30-2022, 07:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX1 View Post
We don’t eat out much anymore but when we do I over tip. My minimum tip is 50% and if the total bill is $50 or less I give the server a 50 dollar bill. Why? We can afford it and often it makes someone’s day. We know about struggling and now in our twilight it’s fun to make someone happy.
HappyNew Year someone who understands, it’s feels just as good to me as it does to the people I give it to .
Old 12-30-2022, 07:45 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,376 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
HappyNew Year someone who understands, it’s feels just as good to me as it does to the people I give it to .
A very happy New Year to you and OpusX1. It’s nice to see people who do not think the world revolves around them.
Old 12-31-2022, 12:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
X-2

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 01-10-2023, 07:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I like reading restaurant reviews, both good and bad. I thought the OP's review was detailed and fair. I believe that professional restaurant critics write reviews all the time after only one visit. If a restaurant cannot provide efficient service because of a staffing shortage, they should temporarily close.
I've seen restaurants close off tables if they are short staffed. Closing the restaurant temporarily should not be an option.
Old 01-11-2023, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
A very happy New Year to you and OpusX1. It’s nice to see people who do not think the world revolves around them.
We dined there once. The service was very good. The food was not what I expected. The quality of the food was fresh. But the preparation and presentation was below par for a fine restaurant. Not going back there.
Closed Thread

Tags
harvest, service, minutes, restaurant, dinner

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.