Havana rip off

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 12-23-2019, 07:17 PM
Rael Furniture In House Repair Rael Furniture In House Repair is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Havana rip off

I ordered a burger that came with lettuce, tomato and onions. I said hold the onions and add a slice of american cheese. The burger was $10.95. When my order arrived, the tomato was unripened and inedible. No biggy, just put it to the side but i have had thicker and larger burgers at Wendys. But what really got me was they had the nerve to charge me $2.00 for a small piece of cheese. That burger wound up costing me $15.00. The sulimans are overpriced on all their places and the quality is sub par. Even the manager didnt realize they charged extra. They can stick it and they lost me all my friends. Probably they could care less but thanks for reading this post and letting me vent.
Old 12-23-2019, 07:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,165 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rael Furniture In House Repair View Post
I ordered a burger that came with lettuce, tomato and onions. I said hold the onions and add a slice of american cheese. The burger was $10.95. When my order arrived, the tomato was unripened and inedible. No biggy, just put it to the side but i have had thicker and larger burgers at Wendys. But what really got me was they had the nerve to charge me $2.00 for a small piece of cheese. That burger wound up costing me $15.00. The sulimans are overpriced on all their places and the quality is sub par. Even the manager didnt realize they charged extra. They can stick it and they lost me all my friends. Probably they could care less but thanks for reading this post and letting me vent.
How did they lose you all your friends?

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 12-23-2019, 07:42 PM
Rael Furniture In House Repair Rael Furniture In House Repair is offline
TOTV SPONSOR

I can more than afford the 2 bucks, but its not right. If you want to get ripped off by these owners, then shame on you
Old 12-23-2019, 07:46 PM
Platinum member

I had the bowl of pasta fagoili and a 1/2 Cuban sandwich. Plus the drink & tip, I was out the door for $16.00. Looking forward to my next trip.
Old 12-23-2019, 07:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,165 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
I can more than afford the 2 bucks, but its not right. If you want to get ripped off by these owners, then shame on you
Just a word of advice.. If you're going to post using your business account you may not want to come across as being unhinged over an overpriced burger.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 12-23-2019, 07:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,550 Times in 652 Posts

I guess he was just too upset. But it would be better for business to post this on a personal account.
Old 12-23-2019, 09:13 PM
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

I find Havana to be one of the better country clubs to eat at. Usually go there for a full meal, so havent tried their buergers yet.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,078 Times in 940 Posts

I wouldn't pay $13 for a cheeseburger unless it was some amazing gourmet situation with something other than American cheese and a leaf of mundane lettuce and tomato. However, I have never heard of ANY restaurant that did NOT charge extra for cheese.

The only time you don't pay extra for cheese, is if you order the cheeseburger. Then, the cheese comes with it. Always.
Old 12-24-2019, 06:01 AM

Quote:
If you knew they are overpriced in all of their places and food not up to par, then why did you go there in the first place ???
Old 12-24-2019, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valuemkt View Post
I find Havana to be one of the better country clubs to eat at. Usually go there for a full meal, so havent tried their buergers yet.
Last time I went there on Prime Rib night the meat was inedible!
Old 12-24-2019, 06:53 AM

when I want a burger I go to Burger King, two for $6 bucks and the toppings are free.
Old 12-24-2019, 07:12 AM
Default Havana rip off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Just a word of advice.. If you're going to post using your business account you may not want to come across as being unhinged over an overpriced burger.
I think it's great that he posted under his business account. I never heard of "Rael Furniture In House Repair and Touch Up Services" until I checked out his homepage and read about a business that I never knew existed. I would definitely use him to repair furniture in my house. It's amazing what this company claims that they can repair and all the 5-star ratings they have received. After reading his rant about the bad hamburger, I think he sounds like a perfectionist - the exact kind of person I'd like working on problems at my house!
Old 12-24-2019, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,236 Times in 600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
I agree....
Old 12-24-2019, 07:41 AM

Havana is a Country Club where you pay Country Club prices. Evans Prairie, Palmer, Lopez, Glenview, Bonifay, etc all over price their food. You should expect that when you go in there to eat!
Old 12-24-2019, 08:03 AM

All of the country clubs are overpriced compared to what restaurants charge outside of The Villages. We just don't frequent them. They are loud, you can barely carry on a conversation, and the food is usually just "okay". We really like the burgers at Square One Burgers. The All American burger comes with cheese, lettuce, tomato, cheese, on a toasted brioche bun, served with your choice of side - fries, onion rings, salad, etc., for $9.99
Closed Thread

Tags
burger, cheese, onions, tomato, overpriced

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.