Have to ask...Culver's

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2018, 02:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac9 View Post
Went yesterday around 5. Very crowded. Ordered a butter burger deluxe with cheese. Burger was pounded flat and grilled beyond recognition. So thin that it looked like a brown lace doily. Absolutely no flavor. Crinkle cut fries tasted like out of a bag from the freezer.
In their defense, it was EXTREMELY crowded. Will try again in a few weeks when things have calmed down.
Thin patty is the butter burger. Have never had their fries, I like fries well done and that’s not possible.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Well I held off till 9pm to get my tenderloin sandwich, still had line, and about 15 min wait. Sandwich was very good or I was very hungry. When by BK and looked like grave yard parking lot.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:01 AM
Sage

As an FYI with fries....you can ask for extra crispy (which isn't crunchy btw) and they taste better IMHO. Some folks won't be happy with Culver's but many will be. Even in Wisconsin, where they started, there are people who aren't fans....but they always seem to have a good business going so that speaks to something I would say.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
As an FYI with fries....you can ask for extra crispy (which isn't crunchy btw) and they taste better IMHO. Some folks won't be happy with Culver's but many will be. Even in Wisconsin, where they started, there are people who aren't fans....but they always seem to have a good business going so that speaks to something I would say.
Insert any restaurant in this sentence and the opinions will appear on TOTV.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:12 AM
fw102807

Nobody has mentioned the custard. Has anyone tried it and is it still as good as I've heard?
Old 04-18-2018, 07:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Nobody has mentioned the custard. Has anyone tried it and is it still as good as I've heard?
The chocolate was really yummy.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts
Default Have to ask...Culver's

What the heck is a "butter" burger (vs. a normal kind of burger)? They don't fry (grill) it in butter, or do they? In some places it means they have "butter pickles" on it.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
What the heck is a "butter" burger (vs. a normal kind of burger)? They don't fry (grill) it in butter, or do they? In some places it means they have "butter pickles" on it.
The burgers are grilled. I think it has to do with butter on the buns but "IF" you really want a correct answer you can contact the company. Pickles are regular sliced pickles as you'd get on any burger. Was there today (Wed.) and they were slammed (busy)---in fact said both inside and outside seating was full. It was a bit of a challenge to get into the parking lot too. BUT worth it all---especially when you're familiar with Culver's and have been waiting for them to arrive in our area.
Closed Thread

Tags
day, culvers, 1st, crowd, chance

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.