Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Have you eaten at the Food Trucks? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/have-you-eaten-food-trucks-296600/)

kcrazorbackfan 08-15-2019 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdawg (Post 1672195)
How come we went from how's the food, to who pays to park there.

That’s what I was thinking. Always someone yipping about the Developer. A couple of initial responses about food then blah, blah, blah.

Michael Charles 08-15-2019 09:07 PM

I had the shrimp and grits, it was tasty but a very small portion for $12.50. The pulled pork I heard was tasty and the portion did look decent.

skyking 08-17-2019 09:35 AM

Thanks Northwoods!

Marathon Man 08-17-2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1672154)
The food may be great, but how are these food truck owners sharing in the cost of the infrastructure? It looks like The Villages is paying for the real estate they occupy and providing tables, chairs, and shelter for the diners. And, who pays to clean up the trash? I would rather see free standing restaurants that pay their own way.

Oh brother. Can you dig any more for a complaint.

CWGUY 08-17-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 1673992)
Oh brother. Can you dig any more for a complaint.

:ohdear: Careful! Someone may take that as a challenge. :1rotfl:

New Englander 08-17-2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1672154)
The food may be great, but how are these food truck owners sharing in the cost of the infrastructure? It looks like The Villages is paying for the real estate they occupy and providing tables, chairs, and shelter for the diners. And, who pays to clean up the trash? I would rather see free standing restaurants that pay their own way.

All the tables, chairs, shelter, food trucks are there for the people who live in the area. This is a new area and right now food trucks fill a gap until more restaurants and shopping get built. From what I've heard, the villagers down there like it.

Chi-Town 08-17-2019 12:20 PM

It's kind of funny that people today are excited about food trucks filling in for restaurants when ten years ago the excitement was for a new Olive Garden on 466.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Marathon Man 08-17-2019 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWGUY (Post 1674003)
:ohdear: Careful! Someone may take that as a challenge. :1rotfl:

Oh, that's a good one. :clap2:

Villagesgal 08-19-2019 05:02 AM

The food is good but pricey for having to sit outside in the heat, rain and lightening.

Spoiler 08-19-2019 06:21 AM

Wondering if these food trucks take Visa?

(Mrs Spoiler doesn’t let me carry much cash....)

Chuckndianne 08-19-2019 07:25 AM

Food trucks

I did not work & save to get to the place where I could enjoy retirement by eating out of a food truck, outside, in the heat, sharing my food with bugs & mosquitoes.

dmkot2nd 08-19-2019 07:27 AM

When and where are the food trucks located? I would like to try them out sometime.

Marathon Man 08-19-2019 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuckndianne (Post 1674466)
I did not work & save to get to the place where I could enjoy retirement by eating out of a food truck, outside, in the heat, sharing my food with bugs & mosquitoes.

So, you love the trucks then??

bilcon 08-19-2019 07:38 AM

No, I have not eaten at the food trucks, and I don't intend to. Is this the future of TV fine dining. OMG, people getting excited about food trucks. All the restaurants paying big bucks to do business in TV must be thrilled. Food trucks are fine at fairs, sporting events and other temporary venues, but a permanent fixture. I DON'T THINK SOOOOOO! Not for me. Just my opinion....

"I never made a mistake in my life. I thought I did once, but I was wrong."

villages07 08-19-2019 07:39 AM

Our golf group ate there Saturday after golf. It's a very pleasant setting with indoor and outdoor seating in a nice tree-shaded area with a view of the pitch and putt course.

The food was good, moderately priced. Several had the Mexican.... quesadillas and enchiladas. Portions were decent and food was reasonably tasty. Several had the beef brisket from the Edna's truck and it was very good. You order, they give you a beeper then you come pick up your food. It all worked very smoothly. There were a few flies in the outdoor area but none more than you would expect.

Beer was a little pricey by Villages standards. A Draft Yuengling was $3.05 and a draft Stella was about $5.

They have music several days a week...I think I heard Sunday, Wed, Fri.

It's a nice neighborhood setting for those that live in the South area and those who golf/visit there.

To me, it did have a feeling/vibe different than the traditional/original Villages. Not good or bad, just different. Much more of an emphasis on outdoors/nature than golf/pickleball/pools.

It's certainly worth the trip down there to check it out along with all the other new stuff going in.