Have you eaten at the Food Trucks?

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2019, 07:40 AM
Default How About Real Restaurants

When are the real restaurants and shopping centers coming down here ? sure the food trucks are a nice idea
if you are Mexican or like Mexican food, looks to me as they are catering to the workers whom are mostly working with the builders as they seem to be mostly Mexican of course .

Now there are lots of promises but not to much action for home owners still waiting for the golf cart bridge to join from Fenney to Brownwood so we can get our golf carts to Brownwood , but all I here is its coming.

But we can build 300 homes a month or more which seems to have no problem being completed. But as for our restaurants and bridges will still have to Wait and keep driving to 466 as everyone shops at Wal-Mart.
Old 08-19-2019, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckndianne View Post
I did not work & save to get to the place where I could enjoy retirement by eating out of a food truck, outside, in the heat, sharing my food with bugs & mosquitoes.
Can I assume you haven't eaten at the food trucks?
Old 08-19-2019, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase219 View Post
When are the real restaurants and shopping centers coming down here ? sure the food trucks are a nice idea
if you are Mexican or like Mexican food, looks to me as they are catering to the workers whom are mostly working with the builders as they seem to be mostly Mexican of course .

Now there are lots of promises but not to much action for home owners still waiting for the golf cart bridge to join from Fenney to Brownwood so we can get our golf carts to Brownwood , but all I here is its coming.

But we can build 300 homes a month or more which seems to have no problem being completed. But as for our restaurants and bridges will still have to Wait and keep driving to 466 as everyone shops at Wal-Mart.
You are lucky, when we arrived in The Villages we had to go to Ocala for Home Depot & Lowes...……
Don't be sorry...be happy.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:04 AM

So the Edna's on the Green building is not air conditioned?
Old 08-19-2019, 08:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAAndre View Post
So the Edna's on the Green building is not air conditioned?

It was open air on Saturday. The sides can pull down, but, I don’t know if they will have any climate control for heat or cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2019, 08:23 AM
Default Rita's at food pavilion

My wife and I tried Rita's last week. Bar none, the WORST food we have ever had at any restaurant. The fly's were the icing on the experience.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:35 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire

We ate there last week. We had chips with steak, brisket sandwich and a tamale and tap water. It was all very tasty. The venue was nice, the music superb and the people happy. Two things I wish were different, the bugs as we went home with several bites and the prices for us were high. It was over $30 for these dishes and we went home hungry....and we're not big eaters. But, we would go back, take bug spray and go for an appetizer before dinner else where. For you with larger pocket books..the food is great and you'll enjoy it for dinner.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:52 AM

So expensive! I’ll never go back.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

The world is changing, upscale food trucks are becoming extremely popular. Many entrepreneurial graduates of high end culinary schools see them as a quick affordable opportunity to be their own boss and live their dream. It's a win/win...the owner doesn't have to deal with all that goes along with hiring and managing a staff and we the public have access to outstanding food at a location that otherwise could be devoid of eating establishments. Put to rest any thoughts that they are looking to dodge legitimate business expenses...they're in it for the long haul and given the long hours they put in very few, if any will knowingly put themselves or their truck at risk.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:23 AM

We live in Marsh Bend and think the food trucks are a great addition to our area. Food does seem pricey and drinks as well. But it's a nice place to drive to in golf cart and meet people, listen to music. Bring bug spray!

I do hope they change out the trucks. We could use pizza and ice cream destinations.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:34 AM

I went to the grand opening & my adult son & I ate at Edna's. We had the briskets sandwiches and a side of the macaroni bake. Both portions were extremely small and price high (considering the portions, your eating off take out containers & plastic silverware & sitting under a pavilion) for the very small amounts. I am more than ok with the containers, plastic ware & pavilion.. but not all included in a higher price with little portions. We both left hungry... I am not a big eater & we were hungry!!! I will give the Mexican restaurant a try before I discount the entire food truck idea. I loved the music by Joe Hand!!! very nice.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:36 AM

So agree... that would be a great addition Pizza & ice cream with good portions
Old 08-19-2019, 01:38 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,311 Times in 381 Posts

Time for Halal Chicken & Rice Truck!
Old 08-19-2019, 05:07 PM

We tried it and loved it, also! I had a mushroom quesadilla that was out of this world!!! My partner had a brisket plated he really enjoyed it, also. It was so pleasant to sit out on the patio at Edna's, overlooking the Marsh Bend Trail!
Old 09-07-2019, 12:07 PM

Just got back from Ritas...don't bother! There was nobody there when we got there but we waited over 30 minutes for enchiladas. 7 workers came up to the truck 15 min after we ordered and placed orders that were filled immediately and before any of the Villagers orders that had ordered before them. After 30 min we went to the window and complained. 5 min later we were given food that wasn't what we ordered. We got refunds and left in frustration. Clearly Rita's is there to service the workers only.
Closed Thread

Tags
beef, good, ritas, brisket, ednas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.