Have you eaten at the Food Trucks?

Closed Thread
Old 09-07-2019, 12:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,361 Times in 2,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vershire View Post
Just got back from Ritas...don't bother! There was nobody there when we got there but we waited over 30 minutes for enchiladas. 7 workers came up to the truck 15 min after we ordered and placed orders that were filled immediately and before any of the Villagers orders that had ordered before them. After 30 min we went to the window and complained. 5 min later we were given food that wasn't what we ordered. We got refunds and left in frustration. Clearly Rita's is there to service the workers only.
Was their order different than yours? Did they call ahead? Could be more to the story than reading above.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:01 PM

Don't you think The Villages is getting a cut of the profits they make and don't they pay rent to The Villages to stay there like all the restaurants???
Old 09-07-2019, 05:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase219 View Post
When are the real restaurants and shopping centers coming down here ? sure the food trucks are a nice idea
if you are Mexican or like Mexican food, looks to me as they are catering to the workers whom are mostly working with the builders as they seem to be mostly Mexican of course .

Now there are lots of promises but not to much action for home owners still waiting for the golf cart bridge to join from Fenney to Brownwood so we can get our golf carts to Brownwood , but all I here is its coming.

But we can build 300 homes a month or more which seems to have no problem being completed. But as for our restaurants and bridges will still have to Wait and keep driving to 466 as everyone shops at Wal-Mart.
When Buena Vista only went to the second traffic circle...no Arnold Palmer, no Lake Sumter Landing, no food trucks....we waited and it all came and more.

How many houses the developer builds is not the criteria. How many get bought is......when the critical mass population hits the right numbers they will come......just like they did 15 yeats ago.

The alternative to not having a restaurant nearby, in my opinion is not a food truck. It is a restaurant maybe 15 minutes away from the bubble.
Old 09-07-2019, 05:36 PM
Veteran member
Wink

People need to stop all of the whining..... things will be completed in due time and then all of this fussing will be forgotten.......

You’all should have realized all of this was not going to happen overnight.... if you didn’t then shame on you !!

Edit: why would I want to go eat at a food truck to begin with when there are so many other choices a short distance away????
Old 09-07-2019, 05:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase219 View Post
When are the real restaurants and shopping centers coming down here ? sure the food trucks are a nice idea
if you are Mexican or like Mexican food, looks to me as they are catering to the workers whom are mostly working with the builders as they seem to be mostly Mexican of course .

Now there are lots of promises but not to much action for home owners still waiting for the golf cart bridge to join from Fenney to Brownwood so we can get our golf carts to Brownwood , but all I here is its coming.

But we can build 300 homes a month or more which seems to have no problem being completed. But as for our restaurants and bridges will still have to Wait and keep driving to 466 as everyone shops at Wal-Mart.
There was a choice to buy where ever you want. We are on our third home, when we came in 07 there was very little in LSL, and our gps didn’t even show the bridge only a lake.
Most of our time was spent in SS due to more restaurants and things to do. Those of us who have been here for awhile have all waited for things to be built. Yet I don’t remember us complaining about what was not here. One can always move to a more established area, if things are not progressing as one thinks. It’s easy to sell, pack and move, we have zero attachments to any home here.
Old 09-07-2019, 07:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,036 Times in 2,731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
Wondering if these food trucks take Visa?

(Mrs Spoiler doesn’t let me carry much cash....)
Spoiler, I have no idea if they take Visa, but I have to tell you that you have absolutely the best Avitar of anyone using TOV. Curly rules : )
Old 09-07-2019, 07:56 PM

Pleasant experience at the Food Trucks for us. Very tasty and convenient. Granted, this is not an air conditioned restaurant, but what would you expect? Try to think of it as being a picnic you don't have to prepare, and enjoy the beautiful outdoors setting. They are clean and efficient. Restrooms are easily accessed . The food is priced fairly and we have never waited more than 15 minutes to pick up our orders. A wonderful change of pace here. --NOTE: most picnics I have experienced, also included a few insects too. The food trucks will not become my favorite place to eat , but the occasional "picnic" and fantastic view are a nice addition to what we already enjoy here.
Old 09-08-2019, 07:24 AM

We stopped in last night after the football game for a drink. It was around 7:30 and not busy at all. The setting is great and we enjoyed watching an older couple piddle around on one of the Pitch and Putt greens (with their dogs? WTH?). Anyway, it was nice until the mosquitos started to come out. Some citronella candles or torches would have been nice. This was our second trip and we will go back occasionally.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:58 AM

We went for the first time the other day I was not impressed, tacos were ok at best bugs all over the ride there from DeSoto was the best part of the evening prolly won't be back...
Old 09-09-2019, 07:17 AM
Veteran member

We eat outside at other restaurants in the Villages all the time. Are the bugs there worse than sitting outside at McAlistars or City Fire?
Old 09-09-2019, 08:03 PM

I agree with the comment that Edna's Beef Brisket is a great choice. We ate there a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Good beer selection as well.
Old 09-14-2019, 06:03 PM

I was not impressed with the ribs at Edna’s. There was no way I could separate the ribs with a plastic knife and found them to be fatty. My husband’s chicken sandwich was tough and almost inedible. I guess I should have tried the beef brisket since this seems to be a popular choice. I like the food truck concept but did not like the flies.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAAndre View Post
So the Edna's on the Green building is not air conditioned?
No A/C but there are fans in a totally open venue. It does have a roof and large picture windows. When we were there, the wind picked up right before a thunder storm.The employees were scrambling to close the large picture windows.

Hubby and I went there just to check out the food trucks. We won't be back.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftusb View Post
My wife and I tried Rita's last week. Bar none, the WORST food we have ever had at any restaurant. The fly's were the icing on the experience.
Rita's charges $3.00 for a small basket of chips and salsa. That is included in all Mexican restaurants I've ever been to. They don't have queso.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post

The alternative to not having a restaurant nearby, in my opinion is not a food truck. It is a restaurant maybe 15 minutes away from the bubble.
So true but one doesn't have to leave the bubble. Drive to Brownwood for restaurants. Was speaking to a friend who went to the sales center in the southern area. He asked a sales person where to take visitors for a nice dinner. The sales person told him there were two food trucks to eat dinner. Our friend reiterated that he wanted to know where to take visiting family and friends out for a nice dinner. Same answer......there are two food trucks.

Seriously????

Last edited by coffeebean; 09-22-2019 at 07:14 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
beef, good, ritas, brisket, ednas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.