Hoagies and Cheesesteaks

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2011, 04:46 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salpal View Post
Their could never be a cheesesteak or hoagie for that matter, better than Capriotti's (Wilmington, Delaware). Will go try Chi's, but actually found a decent one by accident last night: of all places: Taki's (Greek/Italian) in shopping center next to Lowes on 27/441. Will go back again for their cheesesteak.

Thanks...will try Taki's. But the best hoagie I ever had was from Gooey Louie's and Shanks in South Philly!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salpal View Post
Any good ones to be found around TV? From the Philly area, so please do not tell me Subway!!! IF any around, do they use the good rolls?
You have to go to Chi's! The have Amoroso rolls shipped in from Philly and the cheesesteaks are just like up north! The even have sweet peppers! And if you are from up north, you know it's hard to find a good steak/sub around here! The also have an italian sub! And yes ut is WAY better than that Subway stuff! Try it out!

I also found out that the owners , well he was a chef for Tampa Buc's! The are really cool! We luv going there when we have a fix for steaks & subs!
Old 10-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Veteran member

We went to Chi's today for lunch. Great cheese steak and a very friendly staff. We will be back.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.