HOT DOG

Closed Thread
Old 01-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: HOT DOG

I haven't been to Dee Dee's in TV yet but I am quite familiar with them when they were in Ocala before moving to TV. They have really good dogs and with a variety of options. Their Italian dog is a meal in itself. There was a buffet of toppings to add if you want. They also offered sausages, chicken and hamburgs along with salads. If their new restaurant is anything like the one they had in Ocala, you won't be disappointed.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:12 PM
Send a message via AIM to JRietz Send a message via Skype™ to JRietz
Default Re: HOT DOG ~ Dee Dee's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muncle
This afternoon I had a craving for a hot dog.
[snip]
]At first, I was a bit taken aback by the prices.
Me, too! So I stopped in yesterday and wanted to report back. Chicago Style Hot Dog & regular drink - $9.04. :edit:

It did come with fries and cole slaw and had all the toppings except cucumbers. And for those complaining about the fries at Big City, I can tell you Dee's were lightly fried Texas cut (thick) with only one bent and cracked. I can also tell you it was the first time I ever I counted the fries I received. I got 10 with my to-go order.

FWIW, the dogs start at $3.95 (Original, Ruts, & Turkey) and go to $6.50 (Chicago, Italian, Reuben, Mexicali, Sicilian and Tucson) with Coney and Cozy at $4.95. Hamburgers range from $7.95 to $8.50.

Even though it is almost in my back yard, the price of the Chicago dog is much too high for me and I'm sure I won't be having one of those if I visit again.

Jim
Johnston Atoll AFB
Lady Lake
Town of Lady Lake Commissioner (Ward 5)
Old 01-23-2008, 01:07 AM
Platinum member

Jim, that's steep for a hot dog. Next time when you in the mood, try Nathan's in Walmart. Every bit as good as Nathan's in Coney Island ever was--without the crowds.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:37 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

I am lost..Which place has the expensive Hot Dog???

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 01-23-2008, 03:00 AM
Send a message via AIM to JRietz Send a message via Skype™ to JRietz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
I am lost..Which place has the expensive Hot Dog???
That would be Dee Dee's (near Outback).

Jim
Johnston Atoll AFB
Lady Lake
Town of Lady Lake Commissioner (Ward 5)
Old 01-23-2008, 05:01 AM
Sage

I had a Nathan's at Orlando Airport two weeks ago - ok

Airport food, so it probably doesn't count.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 01-23-2008, 09:54 PM

Nathan's, Vienna all beef, Sabrett's, etc are all good ... but - if you want the best hot dogs with lots of flavor that snap when you bite into them, buy some Boar's Head all beef hot dogs with natural casings, cook them however you like, put your favorite condiments on them, and prepare to bite into the best hot dog that you have ever had!

The little hot dog stand S on 441 is pretty good, as is the guy with the little cart that parks in amongst the banks on the south side of 441 across from Publix and Big City Chicago style hot dogs, but the Boar's Head hot dogs are the best!

If Publix is sold out the next time I want Boar's Head hot dogs, I'll never share an other secret with y'all again!
Old 01-24-2008, 12:53 AM
Platinum member

Jime, I always bought Hebrew National dogs but my brother in law got my family hooked on your Boar's Head w/natural casings. So now it don't matter what I like anymore, that's all they buy. I won't admit it to them but they're good dogs.

I'm not saying it'll be my first stop in TV but one of the early stops will certainly be Dee Dee's on Rolling Acres. I've been looking foward to a Dee Dee's dog since they first announced their plans to build in TV. My family has had them and loved them and I'm surprised that no one complained about the price because one of the recent posts mentioned $9 for a dog, soda and fries. Hot Dogs are my weakness! George
Old 01-28-2008, 02:10 AM
Sage

In the SF East Bay it's Kasper's Hot Dogs

http://www.originalkaspers.com/home.html

http://flickr.com/photos/81287431@N00/42131682/

http://www.ci.fremont.ca.us/NR/rdonl...ogs+Coupon.pdf

Other East Bay folks like their Hot Dog from Casper's

http://www.caspershotdogs.com/

Before they closed in 1986 Doggie Diner was a local favorite also

http://www.doggiediner.com/pages/friend_behold.html
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.