How do you like your coffee? How much do you drink? What will you not tolerate??

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2019, 09:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX1 View Post
We like fresh coffee. I buy green beans and roast them. The coffee most people drink is stale. Fresh roast only lasts about 6 days before it starts to go stale.
I roast about every 5 days. I buy most of my beans from coffee bean direct. Kenya AA, Guatemala pea berry, Columbia Supremo, sometimes some exotic beans from Sumatra, India or Borneo, never drink blends.
Mostly roast to a light city roast, some beans we roast to medium city roast. Dark coffee and espresso are burned beans.
Our week end coffee is Kona. We buy it from a small organic farm. We drink it black with organic stevia.
We drink a 10 cup pot daily.
We have given up restaurant coffee. And don’t care for lukewarm coffee.
A coffee connoisseur. Love it. What kind of roaster do you have and where do you buy your green beans?

When I was younger, I visited a coffee plant in New Jersey. They told me green beans will last forever, as they don't decay and there are no pests to eat the beans. Once coffee is roasted it immediately starts to decay, and not even vacuum packaging will save them. They did say that putting the coffee in the freezer helps prevent decay, but by the time we buy coffee, off the store shelves, the coffee is so far decayed, it tastes like mud, to me.

With that said, I don't roast my coffee, but I would like to do so, in order to get back to tasteful coffee again. In the meantime, I buy Folgers or Maxwell House, whichever one is on sale at the time. I prefer a half a packet of organic stevia with Greenwise half & half. Kona is also my favorite, but real kona coffee is quite expensive.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:13 AM

Green Mountain Dark Magic straight up. Usually 3 cups unless I'm headed for the pool.

I used to fuss around with grinding, etc., but just got lazy. Same reason I don't home brew beer.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:56 AM

Either Green Mountain Dark Magic or Costco Pacific Bold. Always black, no sugar or cream. One 1st thing when I wake and again sometime after lunch.
Old 11-21-2019, 01:14 PM

Black, grind my own beans. But will drink most anything.
Old 11-21-2019, 04:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
A coffee connoisseur. Love it. What kind of roaster do you have and where do you buy your green beans?

When I was younger, I visited a coffee plant in New Jersey. They told me green beans will last forever, as they don't decay and there are no pests to eat the beans. Once coffee is roasted it immediately starts to decay, and not even vacuum packaging will save them. They did say that putting the coffee in the freezer helps prevent decay, but by the time we buy coffee, off the store shelves, the coffee is so far decayed, it tastes like mud, to me.

With that said, I don't roast my coffee, but I would like to do so, in order to get back to tasteful coffee again. In the meantime, I buy Folgers or Maxwell House, whichever one is on sale at the time. I prefer a half a packet of organic stevia with Greenwise half & half. Kona is also my favorite, but real kona coffee is quite expensive.
I buy coffee from HOME Kona Purple Mountain Coffee - Pure 100% Organic Kona Coffee
And Coffee Bean Direct - Free Shipping on Orders of $35+. Another good source is Sweet Maria's Home Coffee Roasting. I use a fresh roast roaster but you can start with a stove top roaster or and old air pop corn popper. I roast most of my coffees to a light city, the first crack, 2 cracks is full city. Dark roast and French roast is basically burned but some people like that, it’s all about what you like.
Yes green beans will not spoil as long as you keep them dry. I pay around $30 per lb for Kona, it’s our weekend coffee, Jamaican Blue mountain is more expensive and imho not as good, and around $10 per lb. for regular coffee’s.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:11 AM
Veteran member

Here are some fun stats from Daily Coffee News, including where, when, and what types of coffee are being consumed. Younger consumers are driving the growth of gourmet coffees.

I'm in the minority in never drinking coffee. I'll have green tea maybe once a week.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

I drink Kopi Luwak when my neighbor doesn't pickup after his Civet.
Old 11-25-2019, 04:58 AM

I got turned onto illy coffee and I like it a lot. My machine lets me make cappuccinos! It's become a new morning ritual
Old 11-25-2019, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
I drink Kopi Luwak when my neighbor doesn't pickup after his Civet.
Civet poop... it's what's for breakfast.

Tags
drink, half, drinking, mind, brand

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.