How do you like your coffee? How much do you drink? What will you not tolerate??

Closed Thread
Old 10-31-2019, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I like my strong Folgers with a generous amount of half and half and don't mind drinking it when it gets cold.

I don't like flavored sweeteners. No pumpkin spice for ME.

What is your preference for brand and how do you take it and how much do you drink?
I do not buy coffee at the store unless I run out. When I do, I only buy Peets Dark Roast whole bean.

My regular coffee I buy from:

Best Coffee for Home

I buy whole bean dark roast only and grind my own beans. I make my coffee relatively strong and use a little skim milk and very little sugar. I usually have two cups. I do not like K-cups. I've never had a good cup of coffee made with a Keurig.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 10-31-2019, 06:59 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

3 spoonful's of strong instant coffee, honey and half & half. 1 cup a day will do for me.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:02 AM
Platinum member

I remember a new guy signing in to my unit and trying to make a good first impression by cleaning our filthy 30 cup coffee pot. He never had a chance after that giant faux pas. His name was McDonald and he got the nickname "Ronald" after warning us to never call him "Ronald". I cannot believe I only drink one cup of coffee a day after drinking in the double digits for thiry-four years. Even drank C-Rats coffee out of canteen cups....now, there is a unique taste.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:09 AM
Sage

Before moving here, I LOVED gas station cappachino but the spot was just a handful of blocks from our house so fast/easy access. Once we moved here my coffee drinking has evolved and I'm definitely not a coffee "snob". Most mornings I brew decaf and drink approx. 2/3 full of a travel mug with flavored cream. I don't care for a strong coffee nor do I like it extremely hot. For a real treat I like an iced coffee with sugar free vanilla flavoring.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:18 AM
Gold member

Four cups of New England breakfast blend or donut shop blend, which are smooth, medium roast coffees, made in a small Mr. Coffee drip coffee maker. Put it in a very large Mickey Mouse coffee mug that holds the entire four cups, along with a very healthy shot of half-and-half (never fat free). It takes me a long time to drink it all, and I usually have to nuke it a couple times.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:37 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgilcreast View Post
Amazon. One day delivery. Great prices and a great selection. Absolutely no Starbucks!

I agree with Gil..............NO Starbucks. It's burnt & bitter.

If out & about................Dunkin & Seattle's Best.

I ran across Urban Coffee a couple years ago. Medium & Dark.f

I do enjoy fresh whole beans and grinding them up.

Since retirement..............have reduced consumption down to 1/2 pot per morning.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member

2 Cups Black No sugar DeCaf every morning.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:16 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,310 Times in 544 Posts

First coffee research said it was “bad” for you and now research tends to show it’s “good” for you. How about Dat? I think a caveat “in moderation” depending on health issues.
Old 10-31-2019, 10:46 AM
Veteran member

I use Peet’s Major Dickenson whole beans ground by serving and brewed in my Jura Capresso machine. When it’s warm out I have one 8 ounce strong coffee spiked with one shot of espresso and cold skim milk. When it’s cold out I press the latte button and the milk is steamed.

When traveling in non European countries Starbucks Grande Non-fat Latte works for me, but if I’m in big cities in the US and can get artisan lattes I’m in heaven. And in Italy or France I’m all about the local espresso. I was a bit surprised there aren’t any local roaster coffee shops here in the Villages, but now, after reading this thread I see they probably wouldn’t have enough business.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:43 AM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

1. Hot and black
2a. Full pot of brewed dark roast in morning - not maxwell or folgers
2b - keurig k cups after the brewed pot is finished - mostly decaf in afternoon / evening
3, people that say i drink too much coffee
Old 10-31-2019, 02:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
My wife drinks an 'ersatz coffee,' allegedly made from barley, rye, and chicory.

(I also have a feeling they add the droppings from the local dog kennels, and extract of cat litter tray! JMHO.)
Ha ha ha!
Old 10-31-2019, 02:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
I remember a new guy signing in to my unit and trying to make a good first impression by cleaning our filthy 30 cup coffee pot. He never had a chance after that giant faux pas. His name was McDonald and he got the nickname "Ronald" after warning us to never call him "Ronald". I cannot believe I only drink one cup of coffee a day after drinking in the double digits for thiry-four years. Even drank C-Rats coffee out of canteen cups....now, there is a unique taste.
Why was cleaning a filthy coffee pot in a rental a faux pas?
Old 10-31-2019, 02:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Why was cleaning a filthy coffee pot in a rental a faux pas?
Rental?????
Old 10-31-2019, 02:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Thank you for your service! I also drank C-Rats coffee out of canteen cup. Used the little heat tab too. Which reminds me of a time when a buddy was using a heat tab for his ham and lima beans (not what we called them) He made a triangle out of what he thought was 3 spent casings (M-14) putting the heat tab in the middle. They figured out two were spent and one was a live "blank cartridge" after it exploded between his legs as he sat on the ground with his legs folded in front of him "native american style" as the PC would say. Still makes me cringe thinking of it!
Old 10-31-2019, 03:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Rental?????
He said "a new guy signing into my unit." I assumed that meant a rental. Obviously not, from your answer to him. Sorry.

Tags
drink, half, drinking, mind, brand

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.