How many times a week dine out ?

Closed Thread
Old 10-26-2017, 05:07 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
Fact #1: If my wife never had to cook again, she'd say it was a gift from heaven.

Fact #2: I'm the chef in the family, which means I like to cook, experiment, turn out pretty good meals, and can be a PITA when somebody else is cooking and doesn't practice "mis en place"

So, when golfing the 2nd wave, Subway take out, maybe twice a week. Know what we're eating and healthy. Dinner, maybe once a week. And not always "on campus". Have no problem driving to Disney Springs for Morimoto's or Blue Zoo. Good food is always worth the drive.
alhoa, as to your "I'm the chef" comment
My dad made it clear he was a "chef" and not a "cook" because a "chef"doesn't do dishes
Old 10-26-2017, 05:13 AM
Email Reported As Spam

I recall a conversation we had with neighbors on this very subject. We explained that we seldom dined out for a myriad of reasons. Wherein our neighbors wife replied. yes she cooked in at least three times a week.

wherein her husband chimed in and said the only time you cook is when you are warming what we had taken home from a restaurant. to this day my wife gets a chuckle out of that conversation. we loved these neighbors but they moved back to their home state.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:59 AM
Veteran member

Lunch once, dinner once.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:33 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
alhoa, as to your "I'm the chef" comment
My dad made it clear he was a "chef" and not a "cook" because a "chef"doesn't do dishes
LOL! Your Dad is correct, at least if in a restaurant kitchen. But if married, you're lucky to have a sous chef let alone get out of the clean up
Old 10-26-2017, 08:57 PM
Default Eat Out?

Not enough
Old 10-27-2017, 05:28 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post
``

Yes, so it seems, they are in good shape as far as we know, at least they are slim so we do not know how they do it but they do look good.
Another item, when we go on cruises, and we do too many, we do set down some rules. Lots of rules. Like no Pizza, no deserts, no ice-cream for starters.
It is not easy to do this. But have to keep the weight off.

bbbbbb
I lost 35# about 2 years ago and have not put it back on by following the Greek diet "all things in moderation". Not denying myself anything along the culinary lines. We love to cook at home.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:47 AM

To be honest, I am more concerned with eating healthy than convenience. I just moved here from Colorado and found there isn't a plethora of restaurant choices for eating low fat, vegetarian, high grains, or organic besides Panera or First Watch. So I view dining out like falling off the wagon--only when I'm indulging in treats, and usually on a bad day.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I lost 35# about 2 years ago and have not put it back on by following the Greek diet "all things in moderation". Not denying myself anything along the culinary lines. We love to cook at home.
I lost the same amount the same time as you and have kept it off by following a similar plan.

Having lousy metabolism, however, makes it difficult to dine out frequently, or even satisfyingly. Healthy restaurant food is not necessarily good-tasting. I can make much better stuff at home and enjoy doing it.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

I love to go out to eat, but so often when the food arrives I look at it, taste it, and then something in my head says "you could have made this better at home".

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 10-27-2017, 06:12 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I love to go out to eat, but so often when the food arrives I look at it, taste it, and then something in my head says "you could have made this better at home".
Exactly! As 'Asian Three" has so often stated, go out for something you Can't or Won't make at home. If you're gonna eat the calories, make sure they are tasty!
Old 10-27-2017, 08:18 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
I mean sit down dinners, not grazing

Next statement is for the girls--when your significant other retired and you were a stay @ home house maker, guess you still are working-you didn't get to retire

unless you trained him right
This isn't serious... right??? "..for the girls???" Because "boys" wouldn't be 'stay at home' spouses and the "girls" wouldn't be the breadwinner?? Was this meant to be funny? It's like I'm watching an episode of "Leave it to Beaver." But it seems at least some (one) people still view the world through those glasses. I believe people find their worth in life... whether a stay @ home housemaker or CEO. Both are equally important. Maybe this post just hit me the wrong way....
Closed Thread

Tags
times, dine, week, uncommon, twice/week

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.