How often do you Eat at a Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2019, 05:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Very seldom. Only if on the road away from home, or as a social occasion.
Wife and I both prefer home cooked.
None of the restaurants, Country Clubs in TV have really struck us as better than what we can cook ourselves, and for at least a quarter of the price.
Will try the new Chop House when we return this winter, as there have been some very good reviews about the place.
I still like an occasional Dennys breakfast.
First meal I ever had in the USA back in the 70's was at a Dennys, and I had never seen pancakes and syrup with eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns etc. all on the same plate!
Old 08-04-2019, 06:59 AM
Sage

Depends on the week. On average supper/dinner out---once a week and sometimes twice. Lunch is sporadic. Main reason for supper out is just tired of cooking and not for any other reason. Lunch is to have a get together with friends. NOT interested in "fine dining" as some on this site are prone to speak of. Food is to give life and no other reason IMHO. So we don't live to eat at our house.
Old 08-04-2019, 08:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Depends on the week. On average supper/dinner out---once a week and sometimes twice. Lunch is sporadic. Main reason for supper out is just tired of cooking and not for any other reason. Lunch is to have a get together with friends. NOT interested in "fine dining" as some on this site are prone to speak of. Food is to give life and no other reason IMHO. So we don't live to eat at our house.
Agree 100% with this statement .... we don't live to eat either!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 08-04-2019, 01:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkeowner View Post
We eat out for lunch 2-4 times a week and dinner 3-5 times per week. In the nine years and one month we have lived here we have eaten in at least 381 different restaurants, 69 of which are either out of business or under new ownership. The average distance is about 30 miles and ranges from a half mile to Havana CC to almost 100 miles for a handful of places. We have been to 168 of those more than once. ........
Have you been keeping a spread sheet? You keep better records than most keep for their finances. LOL!
Old 08-04-2019, 01:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I still like an occasional Dennys breakfast.
First meal I ever had in the USA back in the 70's was at a Dennys, and I had never seen pancakes and syrup with eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns etc. all on the same plate!
Ever had a Denny's Super Bird? First time I tried one was back in the early 70s with my first vacation in Ft. Lauderdale. They don't have Super Birds in NY.
Old 08-04-2019, 01:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Ever had a Denny's Super Bird? First time I tried one was back in the early 70s with my first vacation in Ft. Lauderdale. They don't have Super Birds in NY.

I can't say I have.
The only thing I remember of that first meal, was the amazement of what could be placed on one plate, and of course limitless coffee!
Nothing like it at that time in UK.
Old 08-04-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Have you been keeping a spread sheet? You keep better records than most keep for their finances. LOL!
Yes, the spread sheet takes about two minutes a week to keep up to date. I have had to find other things to replace the other 39 hours, 58 minutes I used to work each week.
Old 08-04-2019, 05:13 PM
Gold member

We eat out 3 - 4 dinners a week and 2-3 lunches a week. We live in the north end and there is a plethora of choices here. I rarely ever go to any fast food place so they are all sit down restaurants that we go to. I do know several people here that eat all of their meals out and claim to have never used their range or oven though.
Old 08-05-2019, 08:42 AM
Gold member

2-3 times a month
Old 08-05-2019, 11:20 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
We eat out 3 - 4 dinners a week and 2-3 lunches a week. We live in the north end and there is a plethora of choices here. I rarely ever go to any fast food place so they are all sit down restaurants that we go to. I do know several people here that eat all of their meals out and claim to have never used their range or oven though.
The couple we bought our villa from ate out ALL the time as snowbirds for four years. The oven and dishwasher had NEVER been used. The first time I tried to use the dishwasher it would not work - I called the previous owner and he said he had never used it but the water supply may have been in closed position - sure enough! FWIW we eat Sunday brunch out, and usually about five dinners per week at Mallory, Demshars, Blue Fin, Havana, Bonifay, Cane, Evans Prairie, Lighthouse, Jonny Rockets, Oakwood,and Miz Kathie's Cottilian. We are four to five monthers.

Last edited by eweissenbach; 08-05-2019 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:50 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
The couple we bought our villa from ate out ALL the time as snowbirds for four years. The oven and dishwasher had NEVER been used. The first time I tried to use the dishwasher it would not work - I called the previous owner and he said he had never used it but the water supply may have been in closed position - sure enough! FWIW we eat Sunday brunch out, and usually about five dinners per week at Mallory, Demshars, Blue Fin, Havana, Bonifay, Cane, Evans Prairie, Lighthouse, Jonny Rockets, Oakwood,and Miz Kathie's Cottilian. We are four to five monthers.
My neighbors have lived here full time for 21 years and have gone out to dinner almost every day they have lived here.. They do have ingredients for light breakfasts and light lunches in their house. I doubt their appliances have seen much use.

We also bought our house from a 2 month per year snowbird and everything was like new in the kitchen.

Tags
eat, restaurant, area, home, lack

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.