I was told that Cane Garden CC Restaurant has been sold?

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2021, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1946 View Post
I would have said that about Hacienda !!
Hac. was a aweful restuarant for many years not months.
Old 03-14-2021, 10:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
Same owner, except he must have woken up to the fact that the place was horrible. Food was horrible, service horrible. A few months ago I ordered a cheese burger to go, medium rare with everything except lettuce. When I got home, there was a overdone cheeseburger sitting in grease in the box. Nothing else. No roll, no fries. Seriously. Since they brought in a new manager, new bartenders and a new chef, the food is much better, service is much better and the happy hour is until 6pm . I was a loyal customer for years, and I am very glad they have turned things around.
Very hard to believe
Old 03-14-2021, 11:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Cane Garden changed hands Dec 2018. I believe the owners of Amerikanos took over at that time. I am in the not a fan category since that occurred. Before that time the place was half way decent with the exception of the battle axe hostess.
I agree with you about everything, but NEVER noticed a "Battleax Hostess".
Old 03-14-2021, 02:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
its time for a make over. and a good cleaning.
You're right, have been saying that for years.
Old 03-14-2021, 03:59 PM
Send a message via AIM to ragtag22 Send a message via Skype™ to ragtag22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
They brought in a new manager several weeks ago. Food and service has greatly improved.
I would agree on the food is better but was there for lunch Wednesday and the service was not very good.
Old 03-14-2021, 05:36 PM

Why don't you go there and try it out..
Old 03-14-2021, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy-Guy View Post
I was told that Cane Garden Restaurant has been sold. Does anyone know any of the details such as to who and when it happens or has it already happened.

Yes most of us know how good Cane used to be and how far they have fallen in the past couple of years.

Can only hope it is true.
Why don't you go there and try it out..
Old 03-14-2021, 06:38 PM

The Country Clubs are owned by the developer and his sister, there may new MANAGER’S, but not new OWNERS !
Old 03-14-2021, 06:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNET View Post
The Country Clubs are owned by the developer and his sister, there may new MANAGER’S, but not new OWNERS !
Out of curiosity is not the sister the developer also and by the way did we throw the other sister under the bus ?
Old 03-14-2021, 11:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

What I would like to know is IF Cane Garden is for sale & some of the newer residents may not know it but why have any business in TV selling or just closing their doors. Katie Belles closes, & one of the Too Jays closed their doors. Don’t understand, can’t they keep up with their bills or is business just that slow. I’m sure there’s others!
Old 03-15-2021, 04:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,355 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
What I would like to know is IF Cane Garden is for sale & some of the newer residents may not know it but why have any business in TV selling or just closing their doors. Katie Belles closes, & one of the Too Jays closed their doors. Don’t understand, can’t they keep up with their bills or is business just that slow. I’m sure there’s others!
I have never known a business to close if it is making a good profit, unless it was to move to bigger and better premises, or the owner sold it to take the profit, retired or died.
No profit, no business, unless run by Government!
Old 03-15-2021, 06:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
Agree! CG used to be our “go to” restaurant. Then the food quality began to slide and the coup de grace was the Health Department shutting them down for multiple problems. Just the news describing what was found would keep us away even if it did open. It not only dropped from the top to the bottom of the list, but off the list altogether.

In The Villages good news travels fast. But for those not being careful, bad news travels even faster.
If you read the health dept visits to restaurants you would never eat out again. Just remember, roaches are not a sign of a dirty kitchen. Most of the time they come in on the bottoms of boxes from food deliveries. I did not remember Cane being closed by the Health Dept.
Old 03-15-2021, 08:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I have never known a business to close if it is making a good profit, unless it was to move to bigger and better premises, or the owner sold it to take the profit, retired or died.
No profit, no business, unless run by Government!
OK, I agree with you but Katie Belle’s or Too Jay’s in Sumter moves to a bigger & better premises. That’s not the case here. But as a past business owner myself I know nobody would buy a losing business property, but if you can show them a profit & they are in the market buy a business or have a great location. That’s when you want to sell. Not here to argue or put TV or a business down just wondering why they’re selling. There is a reason!
Old 03-15-2021, 03:15 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
PLEASE, research before you post. The buildings are owned by the Development business entity. They are leased out just like countless thousands of buildings across this country. They are not directly owned by Mr. Morse nor his sister.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:51 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
The buildings are owned by the developer, not the business, private business people own the business, not managers...
Closed Thread

Tags
cane, sold, restaurant, told, garden

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.