I was told that Cane Garden CC Restaurant has been sold?

Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2021, 03:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I agree with you about everything, but NEVER noticed a "Battleax Hostess".
Have to say we did. There were a couple hostesses at Cane over the years who seemed completely uninterested in the customers and were only interested in talking with each other. If you approached them with a question, they were not happy to be interrupted!
Old 03-16-2021, 03:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
OK, I agree with you but Katie Belle’s or Too Jay’s in Sumter moves to a bigger & better premises. That’s not the case here. But as a past business owner myself I know nobody would buy a losing business property, but if you can show them a profit & they are in the market buy a business or have a great location. That’s when you want to sell. Not here to argue or put TV or a business down just wondering why they’re selling. There is a reason!
I believe there have been instances where a business may have been profitable, their lease came to an end, and they did not think they would be profitable at the new lease level, so they closed. This certainly happens in the "real world" quite a bit
Old 03-16-2021, 03:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
Agree! CG used to be our “go to” restaurant. Then the food quality began to slide and the coup de grace was the Health Department shutting them down for multiple problems. Just the news describing what was found would keep us away even if it did open. It not only dropped from the top to the bottom of the list, but off the list altogether.

In The Villages good news travels fast. But for those not being careful, bad news travels even faster.
To be fair, it is a real challenge to run a restaurant here and make a profit and still meet the prices most Villagers expect. Restaurants must rely on pre-prepared if not entire entrees than at least pre made components. AND they cannot afford to pay food preparers with education or much experience in cuisine.
Old 03-18-2021, 03:40 PM
Veteran member

Going out almost anywhere, including most of the villages, is not anything I like to do anymore. Most of the restaurants and bars are filthy and the food is all pre-made and just microwaved. Double yuck!!! Maybe after this covid stuff is done the restaurants will come back better. Kinda doubt it though.
Old 03-20-2021, 02:49 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Going out almost anywhere, including most of the villages, is not anything I like to do anymore. Most of the restaurants and bars are filthy and the food is all pre-made and just microwaved. Double yuck!!! Maybe after this covid stuff is done the restaurants will come back better. Kinda doubt it though.
Try Lopez or Palmer. Very impressed with both and these are NOT pre-made meals.
Old 03-20-2021, 11:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,036 Times in 2,731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
In general we are not overly impressed with our dinning selections, but Chop House and Blue Fin are exceptions. Both are well within our definition of good quality. Sometimes Bonefish also meets our standards of very good golf cart accessible eats.
Closed Thread

Tags
cane, sold, restaurant, told, garden

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.