Indian lunch buffets somewhere near TV?

Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2022, 09:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,064 Times in 2,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
That's nothing---my wife made herself a big plate of Indian cauliflower with curry, cumin and garam masala. She answered to doorbell and our dog jumped on the table and ate the whole thing!

As far as Indian restaurants go, both Amrit Palace in Ocala and Shiva in Mt. Dora are quite good. I tend to give the nod to Shiva as being more authentic inasmuch unlike Amrit Palace there is no beef on the menu. The drawback is that Shiva is quite small.

I know of no Indian buffets in the area, but I have to question in an era of COVID, why would anyone go specifically looking for a buffet?
Dam, after that feast did you let your dog do its business on that neighbors lawn who everyone dislikes?
Old 01-07-2022, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Dam, after that feast did you let your dog do its business on that neighbors lawn who everyone dislikes?
no, my dog is electronically restrained and doesn't go off my property. Please don't try to turn a nice thread about Indian cuisine into another dog poop thread
Old 01-07-2022, 10:02 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,064 Times in 533 Posts

Tried Shiva in Mt. Dora, it was a nope for me. There however a few lunch buffets in Gainesville. Make a day of it, Indian Buffet then Trader Joes! Google the names, then call to make sure the buffet tables are open, because of Covid.
Old 01-07-2022, 10:31 AM
Location: Eatontown, NJ and Village of Hemmingway in The Villages
Default Outstanding Indian food in Orlando

Aashirwad Indian Food and Bar
Outstanding Indian Food. Buffet is on Friday, Saturday and Sunday only. Takes about an hour to get there, well worth the trip. My wife and I have been going there for the last seven years.
Brunch Buffet – About $13 a person
Friday
11:30 am to 2:30 pm
Saturday - Sunday
12:00 pm to 3:00 pm
7000 S Kirkman Rd. Orlando, FL 32819. International Drive / I-Drive · (407) 370-9830. Call Now · Full menu · More Info. Menu, Hours, Takes Reservations, Delivery.
Rating: 4.5 · ‎680 reviews · ‎Price range: $11-30
Old 01-07-2022, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepshukla View Post
Orlando Indian Restaurants: Tamarind, Saffron and Mynt are recommended. Also the Indo American Club in The Villages meets every month and most of the time they provide Indian food buffet style. The most and the best Indian restaurants are in USA are in NYC area followed.
Does the Indo-American Club consist of any Muslims? I did not see a Muslim Club in the directory, if you know of one can you let me know. Thanks
Old 01-08-2022, 12:37 AM
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepshukla View Post
Orlando Indian Restaurants: Tamarind, Saffron and Mynt are recommended. Also the Indo American Club in The Villages meets every month and most of the time they provide Indian food buffet style. The most and the best Indian restaurants are in USA are in NYC area followed.
Fabulous Indian (Italian, Chinese, Greek, Brazilian, Colombian, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai,) restaurants on Long Island. Diwan for one, in port Washington and hicksville. Boy, am I going to miss Long Island.
Old 01-08-2022, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jljl62040 View Post
I know of some wonderful Indian buffets in the St Louis, MO area. Only a 15 hour drive away. Yes, I too wish there were Indian restaurants in The Villages. Would also like to see more Indian grocery items in the international aisles of the supermarkets. At least I can buy tikka masala and pour it over my chicken and fish dishes.
I find a very poor selection of international cooking spices/items anywhere here locally.
Have found Amazon VERY helpful in ordering anything specific I want. Check it out. You would be amazed the food items, to include specialty meats, available.
Old 01-08-2022, 05:56 AM

In the land of the Seminole’s……….
Old 01-08-2022, 10:41 AM
Default Indian Restaurant

I have an idea for you. "The Fifth Element Authentic Indian Restaurant" in Sanford, Florida. It is not far from the Sanford, Airport. It is about a 75-minute drive from my house. However, I always try for flights late in the day, or with a morning arrival, so I can stop at this restaurant for their wonderful Indian Buffet! There are days when I think I would not mind the two-and-a-half hour round trip just to eat there - maybe plan some other activities near Sanford and make a day of it - but so far, I have only gone on "airport days".
Old 01-25-2022, 10:59 AM

Aashirwad Indian in Orlando Millenia area that we tried recently. Same place as above review. No Buffet now! Lamb curry tasted like bottled spaghetti sauce.

I lived for years next to Little India in Cerritos, CA where there were at least 30 restaurants on the street. Vegetarian, Chinese/Indian, Buffets, Chat Houses, Halal Meats. It was amazing.

Last edited by Calisport; 01-25-2022 at 11:19 AM. Reason: More details
Old 01-26-2022, 09:33 AM
Gold member

Good luck eating in a buffet right now. Hope your boosted.
Closed Thread

Tags
lunch, restuarant, buffet, real, indian

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.