Jimbo's

Closed Thread
Old 12-29-2016, 10:57 PM
Default Jimbo's

What a dump, paper said they worked on it for 2 years, they need a couple more.
Service : 1/2 hour to get water and order, 40 min to get food, no refills on drinks.
Mens toilet dirty,and one toilet by door and door warped won't stay closed
Old 12-30-2016, 05:51 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootcamp View Post
What a dump, paper said they worked on it for 2 years, they need a couple more.
Service : 1/2 hour to get water and order, 40 min to get food, no refills on drinks.
Mens toilet dirty,and one toilet by door and door warped won't stay closed
So how was the food
Old 12-30-2016, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I don't believe you've ever written a review before. Who? What? and Where? Would really help. I searched for Jimbo's and Gainesville was the closet I could find.
Old 12-30-2016, 02:02 PM

Sounds like Jimbos fish camp on Lake Panasoffkee? I have plans to go there myself in the next few days. Not expecting atmosphere as it an old fish camp, but I do hope the food is good. I believe it was just recently opened so maybe they are still working through some of those "opening pains"
Old 12-30-2016, 05:14 PM
Default Jimbo's Fish Camp

I too was there yesterday. This is not a fancy place...it is just a fish camp. I was impressed by the service! They usually have counter service, but we were waited on and treated exceptionally well. If we wanted anything at all they were there to serve us!
My husband and I were greeted personally by the owner, and he did everything he could do to make us happy.

Hubby and I both had fish sandwiches which were excellent. They were served with crisp lettuce and thin slices of tomato along with home made tarter sauce. The only thing was the bread that they were served on was a little ordinary, could be a little better? The onion rings could be better....a little on the greasy side.

All in all it was a good experience...we will be back!
Old 12-30-2016, 07:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscrimefighter View Post
Sounds like Jimbos fish camp on Lake Panasoffkee? I have plans to go there myself in the next few days. Not expecting atmosphere as it an old fish camp, but I do hope the food is good. I believe it was just recently opened so maybe they are still working through some of those "opening pains"
It is in Lake Pan. Wife and I went there today; got seated immediately, drink (diet Pepsi's) order placed at same time we were seated, food order (Big A$$ Seafood platter for two) took when Pepsi's arrived (5 minutes); salad was out within another 5 minutes and food was out within another 15 minutes and it was good. Boom! Place was full and everyone was getting waited on quickly. I don't base my opinions of a restaurant on the condition of the restrooms. Warped door? Pfft. At our age, everyone has seen one, some are just a little different than others.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:29 PM

We went tonight and the food was great. We asked Google Maps on our smart phone to guide us and it was spot on.

You should go and decide for yourself.... Nothing fancy but we don't need a lot to have a great evening out.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:27 PM
Platinum member

It used to be Werda-Hecamiat. I loved that name.
Better place over there is Catfish Johnny's on CR 470.
Think they still have their Jam Session weekly.

Skip
Old 12-31-2016, 06:22 PM

Went tonight and glad we did! We had the Biga$$ shrimp and cod platter for 2 for 19·99 and brought half of it home. We also shared an appetizer of fried mushrooms. Service was fast, tossed salad was served with bacon,onion,egg and tomatoes with homemade dressing. mushrooms came out hot, and then the platter. 4 thick pieces of cod,fries,shrimp, slaw, and 2 large rolls. I have no complaints. The waitress also gave each table a sample of chips. This is just my opinion, but I will go back.
Old 12-31-2016, 08:48 PM

food was all fried and the fish I had was salty, but good
Old 12-31-2016, 08:55 PM

Your right, Lake panassoffkii ( NOT A GOOD SPELLER) CR439, new restaurant, You don't read the paper
Old 01-15-2017, 01:48 PM

A group of 8 of use went the other evening. Greeted by the owner. We all had the Big As$ platter (fish and shrimp) which serves two for $19.99. Four of us split a pitcher of Sangria made with fresh-off-the-tree oranges... very good. You have the choice of fried or grilled fish. We had the fish fried and shrimp grilled. We will probably get the fish grilled next time, but it was all very good. also got a very good salad, large rolls, fries and coleslaw. Not fancy, but a fun place to hang out with friends. They have wine and beer license.
Closed Thread

Tags
toilet, door, drinks, mens, refills

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.