Johnny Rocket

Closed Thread
Old 10-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Gold member

I know people have been down on Johnny Rockets and from what I remember they have new ownership or new management. In any case after the Italian Fest parade the wife and I stopped in their for a meal. It was fairly crowded but we were waited on promptly. I ordered a vanilla malt and a chili dog which included fries. My wife ordered a hamburger with onions and cheese. We did not have to wait a long time for our meal as their was plenty of kitchen staff working. The malt was delicious. The hamburger and chili dog was what you could expect, not gourmet but OK. I thought the chili on the dog was a little too salty. My wife said the hamburger was fine. The menu has been changed some as my favorite hamburger (can't recall the name) is no longer on the menu.

I just wanted to report our experience yesterday. I hope that they have solved whatever problems they had before.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 10-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Sage

Did the staff do a 50's song dance like they used to do?

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 10-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
Did the staff do a 50's song dance like they used to do?

Not while we were there.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 11-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Veteran member

We thought we would give them another try today after not going back for over a year (last time we were very disappointed).

The service was much improved.

The restaurant was much cleaner this time.

The food was better this time. Last time it was luke warm, this time it was hot. Good quality and large portions, neither my wife nor I could finish
everything.

Overall, it was a much better experience, and we will probably go back. That being said, I like the burgers at Five Guys better. I guess it will come down to whichever is geographically closer whenever I get that craving for a burger.

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 11-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Default Ditto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappyjon431 View Post
We thought we would give them another try today after not going back for over a year (last time we were very disappointed).

The service was much improved.

The restaurant was much cleaner this time.

The food was better this time. Last time it was luke warm, this time it was hot. Good quality and large portions, neither my wife nor I could finish
everything.

Overall, it was a much better experience, and we will probably go back. That being said, I like the burgers at Five Guys better. I guess it will come down to whichever is geographically closer whenever I get that craving for a burger.
Our kids and grandkids were down for a visit this past weekend and we decided to give Johnny Rockets a try. We had read where it was under new ownership. We were not disappointed. Even talked with Dave, one of the new owners about the improvements we saw in the establishment. They are trying hard to overcome the past and IMHO are doing a good job. It was kid friendly, service was great, food was good, and the kiddies loved the dancing and singing staff! Was a fun time for our group, we will go back again.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaDawg View Post
Our kids and grandkids were down for a visit this past weekend and we decided to give Johnny Rockets a try. We had read where it was under new ownership. We were not disappointed. Even talked with Dave, one of the new owners about the improvements we saw in the establishment. They are trying hard to overcome the past and IMHO are doing a good job. It was kid friendly, service was great, food was good, and the kiddies loved the dancing and singing staff! Was a fun time for our group, we will go back again.
It is wonderful to read a positive report. Too many people are always negative.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:20 AM
Veteran member

Had dinner there last night, sat utside and listened to Cactus Jack and the Cadillacs. The milkshakes were "the bomb" and I haven't had that good of a shake since I was a kid. Chocolate peanut butter! The burger was great and wife's veggie burger good too with great fries. We got there at 5, sat immeditely and meal was served in 10 minutes. One of the brothers (new owner, recognized him from the picture in the Sun) came by a few times asking how everything was.

All and all an AWESOME time and we WILL be back.

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Old 11-11-2011, 08:49 AM
Veteran member

had a fine lunch there this week-service excellent,food good,clean-a nice job by new owners and staff
Old 11-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedoman View Post
Had dinner there last night, sat utside and listened to Cactus Jack and the Cadillacs. The milkshakes were "the bomb" and I haven't had that good of a shake since I was a kid. Chocolate peanut butter! The burger was great and wife's veggie burger good too with great fries. We got there at 5, sat immeditely and meal was served in 10 minutes. One of the brothers (new owner, recognized him from the picture in the Sun) came by a few times asking how everything was.

All and all an AWESOME time and we WILL be back.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm......

It's nice to hear the new owners have restored customer service with good food.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 12-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Smile Thank you, Thank you !!

What a great experience my wife and I had at Johnny Rockets on 12-01-11. Great Service, Great Food and Great Attitude !!!! What a difference from our "last " visit !!! Thanks to new owners . --Pat and Kathy
Old 12-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member

based on sveral recent posts here, We decided to try Johnny Rocket's today. Because of poor service, bad food and dirty conditions at JR we had sworn off forever.
Today was a pleasant suprise, Good service, food acceptable and store was clean. Hope they can keep it up for the long run.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Let's hope that can stay on a roll?????
Old 12-05-2011, 12:29 AM

Was unaware that they had new owners. My wife and I were big fans of the franchise and frequented them in various states. When we came here last year the bugers we ordered tasted funny so we avoided the place. A year later we went back but thought the burgers were just so-so and not up to par with other Johnny Rockettes we have visited. Love the shakes. That was about 5 months ago though. I am not usually fussy about my food as far as it being dry or stuff like that but when it actually tastes funny that is where I draw the line.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Let's hope that can stay on a roll?????
No pun intended, right?

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.