Johnny Rocket

Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2008, 12:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson
Default Re: Johnny Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch
There will be a lunch on Thursday, April 10th, at 2:00 pm at Johnny Rocket's. This will be a multi-purpose luncheon -- to meet Brightspot and, hopefully, Susan&Tom since none of them will be here for the Crisper's get together and to discuss the freeze. Hope many of you can make it.
That was the original post HB...but with all the debate going on I'm not sure if the plans remain the same. I plan to be there unless I'm told otherwise.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:11 AM
Sage

now, I'm confused....guess this post is the Johnny Rocket restaurant discussion (since it got moved to the restaurant thread).

Tony...you're getting a little too ambitious with your desire to keep threads pure...folks are getting lost when trying to find things. We appreciate the intent of your efforts, but, a little hijacking here and there is not a terrible thing. So, when you do split and move a thread, can you insert a comment into the original posting in the new thread to indicate this has happened.

An aside (and I will probably post this in the freeze thread)..... lunch at 2pm and freeze at 5pm???? that's a lot of time in between. Perhaps the 'lunch' time could be moved closer to freeze time (maybe 3:30???) so that one event can flow into the other??? Just a thought.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:39 AM
Platinum member

My thoughts also. 3:30 does work better as I would have to hang around till the freeze. or is it ok if we arrive unfashionably very late??
Old 04-07-2008, 12:52 AM
Sage

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:01 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

OK, I am going to be a brat. I planned this luncheon. The 2:00 pm start time stands. The plan was always to eat outside. That way, as people show up, it is easier to get tables together, etc. The location stands unless Bright or Susan very specifically ask me to change things. Odds are we will be yakking and having a great time until 5:00 or so anyway. And, no, fashionably late is not okay -- a little late, yes, but please not too late. Discussing the freeze is only a very small part of this -- most of the discussion will be held at Barnes & Noble.

Repeat after me, this is meet Brightspot and Susan&Tom -- they will be leaving before the Crisper's get together.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-07-2008, 01:06 AM
Platinum member

You are absolutely right, red, thanks for reminding me how time flew by last TOTV get-together. I am looking forward to meeting Susan, Tom, and bright. See you as close to 2 as possible!!
Old 04-07-2008, 02:18 AM
Gold member

Hi, we usually do not stay at Crisper's for 2 1/2 hours.

It seems to me if people can not get there at 2 pm, then come when you can. That is what happens at Crispers Red.

I understand what you are saying about the tables, but I do not think it will be crowded at 3:30 - just my thoughts.

Ae we wearing name tags?

HB
Old 04-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Sage

No to name tags. Sorry, HB, but I totally disagree with you. Coming whenever you like to a planned lunch is not the same thing as a get together at Crisper's and this is a planned lunch. Now, if you're saying I may drop by at 3:30 to have a soda with y'all, that's different. Then you take the risk of people being gone. A 2:00 pm lunch is a 2:00 pm is a 2:00 pm lunch.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Platinum member

I won't be gone. maybe just sitting by my lonesome self. I can not do 2 round trips in my golf cart. HB, I remember you, just look for all alone rokinronda!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Sage

Ronda, the odds of sitting there by your lonesome are probably somewhere between slim and none but that doesn't mean we won't get up and wander together. Remember BS and S&T are visiting. Someone might just HAVE to show them a favorite shop or something (don't look at me -- I avoid shopping as much as humanly possible).

Old 03-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Sage

I have been dying for a real chocolate shake and heard that Johnny Rocket's served a good one.

Went there a few nights ago just to get a chocolate shake. We got right in. The place was about 3/4 full. The waitress came to our table in reasonable time and said that the wait for food was 45 minutes!

Lucky that I only wanted a shake and she said the wait for that was only a few minutes. The shake came in about 15 minutes, no big deal as I has having fun putting nickels in the jukebox. The shake was alot better than any other I have had around here but still not an outstanding shake. Priced at $4.95; I probably will learn to curb my craving for a shake.

Oh, and by the time I got the shake the place was about half full and they were still telling people that food was 45 minutes away and most were turning around and leaving. Wonder why they can't serve burgers any faster?
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)

Last edited by chuckinca; 03-07-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Veteran member

chuckinca

Have you tried the shakes & malts at OLLIE'S?

They have one called the BOSTON MALT (or shake).

Pick your flavor, say chocolate; then they'll put a small sundae on top of it, say strawberry !
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 03-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Sage

Sounds like folks in bean town can't make up their minds. If you want a chocolate shake why would you want strawberries on it; same with coffee, if you want coffee why put half a cup of milk in it?
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
Sounds like folks in bean town can't make up their minds. If you want a chocolate shake why would you want strawberries on it; same with coffee, if you want coffee why put half a cup of milk in it?
Hey Chuck,

In Cincinnati we put chili on top of our spaghetti. You should try it.

But we never put chili in our shakes or malts.

Boomer
Old 03-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Sage

I like chili on a hamburger, but putting chili on spaghetti might make my Italian relatives disown me.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.