Johnny Rockets

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2023, 12:52 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,757 Times in 756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Popeye! View Post
That's because some people actually believe these animals are people.
Oh yes, they absolutely do. Of course all of this is certainly off the subject of this thread (table wait at Johnny Rocket's) but yes, just look at the number of strollers, the birthday parties, gifts, clothing, shoes and boots, etc. it's an entire (and probably harmless ?) industry. However, it does make one wonder at some of the sights in stores and restaurants. Seems much more prevalent here than the general population, don't often see dogs sitting on the laps of owners eating in restaurants in other locations... so not sure what "it" actually is ? Actual dementia, or perhaps "empty-nest" longing for their actual children again ? Has some psychological connection, but, fortunately rather harmless (except for these really over the line health issues). Don't think it is going to decrease from what I've observed ! ?
Old 03-27-2023, 01:12 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate View Post
No, very few tables were occupied. As I said, we have never seen this before, even at high season and the band playing. Other customers were expressing the same feeling.
I guess this is too obvious... but, did any of the concerned or disgruntled people waiting, go to the hostess and even ASK if they could sit at all the unoccupied tables ? I've certainly experienced situations where the "hostess" is completely unaware of what the situation is concerning tables !
Old 03-27-2023, 01:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,653 Times in 1,496 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Oh yes, they absolutely do. Of course all of this is certainly off the subject of this thread (table wait at Johnny Rocket's) but yes, just look at the number of strollers, the birthday parties, gifts, clothing, shoes and boots, etc. it's an entire (and probably harmless ?) industry. However, it does make one wonder at some of the sights in stores and restaurants. Seems much more prevalent here than the general population, don't often see dogs sitting on the laps of owners eating in restaurants in other locations... so not sure what "it" actually is ? Actual dementia, or perhaps "empty-nest" longing for their actual children again ? Has some psychological connection, but, fortunately rather harmless (except for these really over the line health issues). Don't think it is going to decrease from what I've observed ! ?
Yes. It's mental, and not necessarily as harmless as it might seem.
Old 03-27-2023, 02:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Dogs are allowed in the outside dining area. They have a menu for the dogs.
so they use the same plates for people ????
Old 03-27-2023, 08:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
so they use the same plates for people ????
Dunno about where you come from but where I come from we have this stuff called dish detergent. We also have really cool devices called sponges. I think my town invented this amazing thing called a dish rack. Of course everyone's heard of the newest miracle known as "indoor plumbing and hot water."

Some day soon at a restaurant near you, someone might even come up with a big metal thing and maybe even call it something funky like - a Hobart.

I know, it sounds crazy and far-fetched. But I swear it's true, at least where I come from.
Old 03-27-2023, 09:06 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Dunno about where you come from but where I come from we have this stuff called dish detergent. We also have really cool devices called sponges. I think my town invented this amazing thing called a dish rack. Of course everyone's heard of the newest miracle known as "indoor plumbing and hot water."

Some day soon at a restaurant near you, someone might even come up with a big metal thing and maybe even call it something funky like - a Hobart.

I know, it sounds crazy and far-fetched. But I swear it's true, at least where I come from.
i dont know where you come from, but where i come from animals dont eat off human plates. and it does sound crazy and far fetched to me. heck we dont even let dogs in our food stores , if you can belive that. i dont think i would want to eat at your house.
Old 03-27-2023, 10:14 PM

Quote:

Sounds like you might have Dog Hair particle infective sponges to wash those animal-over-licked dishes that are sitting on your rack.
Old 03-28-2023, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Popeye! View Post
Sounds like you might have Dog Hair particle infective sponges to wash those animal-over-licked dishes that are sitting on your rack.
I don't have a dog. My cat has her own dish. I also find it unappetizing to see a dog sitting on a chair or on the restaurant table eating off a plate there.

But not because of unsanitary washing protocol. Your own mouth harbors almost as much bacteria as a dog's mouth - and yours is riskier to your own health than theirs is (you can't catch a cold from a dog, but you can catch one from a human).

Do we dispose of or boil all plates that come into human contact in restaurants? Nope. Some places have paper or disposable take-out containers but if you're sitting at the table, you're getting something that someone else at off of. Or drooled on. Or their dentures popped out on.

How many of you who own dogs, or visit homes that have dogs, walk barefoot on the house's floor? You'll pick up more disgusting who knows what that way, than you will eating off a plate that was once used by a dog, and has been washed many times under hot water with detergent.

Being grossed out by watching someone's dog get up on the restaurant table and helping herself to the lobster mac & cheese is a reasonable reaction. Being grossed out because that dog is being served whipped cream and fried beef liver in a normal dessert plate on the floor next to the table is an unreasonable reaction.
Old 03-28-2023, 11:57 AM

Maybe that’s it! You wanted to sit outside to listen to the music!
Old 04-03-2023, 07:05 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Yes. It's mental, and not necessarily as harmless as it might seem.
That's true, I was just thinking that while it was really stomach turning to sit inside a and be that close to a lady with a dog on her lap eating from the same table next to us, it makes it difficult to enjoy food, and yes, it may not be that "harmless". It seems a major thing especially in the villages. Was in the Dollar Store yesterday, couple walking through casually, their small dog, on a leash, doing the same, but wandering all over (longer leash). They were busy looking at cards when he came to me and "harmlessly" began licking my shoe and toes (had on flip flops). I kind of jumped back and said "no, no", they turned around, noticed he has crossed he isle to where I stood, they called him and pulled the leash, and laughed and laughed, "he's a lover she said, don't mind him, everyone is his friend, he doesn't bite, he'll just kiss you to death"... end of quote. The dog had on a little coat with "emotional companion pet" on it ! I tend to be a compassionate person, and when I see so many people in stores clutching at small dogs that they can not bare to leave at home even for a trip to a store or restaurant.... it is perplexing. I once asked my relative why, when she "just has to go to the bank", or is only going to go pick up some food at a drive through and tells me in winter what a pain it is to get him (the dog) all dressed and ready to go, and then he won't walk to the car if there is any sign of snow, so she has to pick him up and carry him to the car. When I asked why not just let him stay home in his nice warm bed, she said: "because it's not worth it, he gets very angry at me if he doesn't get to go every time I leave the house, and then he pouts at me for several days !"..
I could not even respond. This person looks, acts, like any normal person, until.... it comes to the dog ? We've had a lot of dogs through the years when the kids were growing up, we gave them excellent care, but this whole dining with the family, getting new clothes for various occasions, arranging play dates with other dog's parents, giving dog birthday parties, bringing presents when you meet another dog for a play date (my relative said it's expected to bring a gift for the other dog when you arrange a play date ?), to me this is all a relatively new "hobby" or "activity" ? Nope, the relative is not an "old maid" with no children, she is just a widow now and the children are all adults...maybe that is the root of it ? She certainly seems extremely cognitively sound in every other area of her life ?
Old 04-03-2023, 07:16 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
I don't have a dog. My cat has her own dish. I also find it unappetizing to see a dog sitting on a chair or on the restaurant table eating off a plate there.

But not because of unsanitary washing protocol. Your own mouth harbors almost as much bacteria as a dog's mouth - and yours is riskier to your own health than theirs is (you can't catch a cold from a dog, but you can catch one from a human).

Do we dispose of or boil all plates that come into human contact in restaurants? Nope. Some places have paper or disposable take-out containers but if you're sitting at the table, you're getting something that someone else at off of. Or drooled on. Or their dentures popped out on.

How many of you who own dogs, or visit homes that have dogs, walk barefoot on the house's floor? You'll pick up more disgusting who knows what that way, than you will eating off a plate that was once used by a dog, and has been washed many times under hot water with detergent.

Being grossed out by watching someone's dog get up on the restaurant table and helping herself to the lobster mac & cheese is a reasonable reaction. Being grossed out because that dog is being served whipped cream and fried beef liver in a normal dessert plate on the floor next to the table is an unreasonable reaction.
I don't know, just seems like something better done at home in your own kitchen or dinning room to me. In public there are just too many mixed opinions, so it would be best to leave pets at home when dining out. One of the things we used to do, load up the children on a Saturday night and go to the local Dairy Queen. When we were all finished, my husband never ever failed to go to the window and get a one scoop no topping custard in a cup.... for Gizmo, when we got home ! We never ever considered taking him, or taking him anywhere except when we went camping for a week at the fishing camp. He never went to the grocery store, hardware store, never even was invited to a birthday party.. but he seem to be happy ? ?
Old 04-03-2023, 07:27 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobullymom View Post
So you bequeathed all your money to the poor? I happen to like dogs more than some people, it's a free world.
I totally agree. A person is free to do what they wish with their money. Children are starving as I play golf, as someone buys a new boat, or plane. But, also see the morality involved when one sees an estate left to an animal. You said you liked dogs more than "some people", but on the other hand, those people you don't care for are not the ones you would probably leave money to to help them to a better life. But, you are quite right that people can spend their own money as they wish, but it's fortunate that we do have some make the decision to invest in the lives of hungry humans, those who do not, should not be shamed or made to feel guilty.
Closed Thread

Tags
night, area, called, thirty, seating

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.