Johnny Rockets

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2023, 05:29 AM
Veteran member

Just an oversight
Old 03-27-2023, 05:32 AM
Veteran member

And you just sat there , maybe make some attempt to signal a need for service.
Old 03-27-2023, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldseries27 View Post
billions of poor and sick on our world, yet animals are bequeathed millions should be your answer
So you bequeathed all your money to the poor? I happen to like dogs more than some people, it's a free world.
Old 03-27-2023, 06:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,900 Times in 914 Posts

Maybe the regulars were off at South Florida Spring Break? That would be where the money is for the week, or maybe the other booty
Old 03-27-2023, 06:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

High season?
Old 03-27-2023, 06:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

It seems to me to be a lot of passive-aggressive behavior here. You went to a place and sat there passively waiting, growing more and more aggravated, but never spoke up. Instead, you waited until you reached your breaking point and left.

I get it. It's not your job to tell employees what to do. It's not your job to post about your bad experience here either, and yet here you are.

I've had to wait at Johnny Rockets too on occasion, and every time I'd get off my butt, walk into the restaurant, and flag an employee (you can tell by their uniform - any of them will do), and let them know I'd like to order and I'll be outside.

Works like a charm.

When you're done, you let the manager know how the food was, how everything ELSE about the service was, and how that one bit of waiting made you feel as well.

The manager will then either course-correct or not. That is his job. He can't do his job if he doesn't get active feedback from his customers. He doesn't know what -exactly- needs to be fixed, if his customers don't tell him using their big-boy words.
Old 03-27-2023, 08:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate View Post
No, very few tables were occupied. As I said, we have never seen this before, even at high season and the band playing. Other customers were expressing the same feeling.
Not enough servers. It’s not unusual for it to be slow there. But they’re very friendly and hard working.
Old 03-27-2023, 09:10 AM
Default Not good anymore

Went there a few months ago with our guests. The food used to be good and the service was so much fun. Not anymore. The place felt dirty, one bathroom stall was filled with, well, you know, because the flush didn't work. The service was slow and the food awful. Dogs were sitting in chairs outside. Would not go back.
Old 03-27-2023, 09:16 AM

////
Old 03-27-2023, 09:43 AM

Don’t know why people do this and the establishment doesn’t do anything. Just a note dogs are not to be in outside dinning area. Just entitled people. Same as grocery stores. Leave your pet at home. No one else enjoys them like you do.
Old 03-27-2023, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmanf View Post
Don’t know why people do this and the establishment doesn’t do anything. Just a note dogs are not to be in outside dinning area. Just entitled people. Same as grocery stores. Leave your pet at home. No one else enjoys them like you do.
Dogs are allowed in the outside dining area. They have a menu for the dogs.
Old 03-27-2023, 10:50 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennyt View Post
Went there a few months ago with our guests. The food used to be good and the service was so much fun. Not anymore. The place felt dirty, one bathroom stall was filled with, well, you know, because the flush didn't work. The service was slow and the food awful. Dogs were sitting in chairs outside. Would not go back.
Place went downhill after the Suliemans sold it a few years ago
Old 03-27-2023, 11:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,662 Times in 1,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennyt View Post
Indeed.

Issues like this tend to be systemic. An employee having a bad day is one thing, and errors from time to time are understandable. But what you described--and others have experienced--tend to be reflective of the entire establishment. Slow, haphazard or no service; employees neglecting their jobs in favor of socializing with one another, and a perceived overall lackadaisical attitude instead of one of excellence, says far too much. Or maybe just enough.

As my wife said, "I'd be VERY nervous about what comes out of that kitchen".
Old 03-27-2023, 12:41 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,757 Times in 756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Probably too many people sitting on outside tables listening to the music.
And perhaps (?), planning on staying at their tables for the entire evening ? Always presents a controversial situation: if NOT posted how long a table can be occupied, other than "common" decency to the waitress/waiter (who depends on table turn over to make average tips for the evening), and to those waiting for a table, there seems little can be done to force people to vacate a table. This is always a difficult situation here in the villages, and anywhere, especially in restaurant venues that feature any kind of entertainment. If the is ONE answer to this, it seems no one has come up with it yet.
Old 03-27-2023, 12:44 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,757 Times in 756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
i saw a lady feeding her dog off of a plate out side as i walked by. no thanks
Sadly, that is not an uncommon site in The Villages. Don't know if this is a fair comment, but seems especially common in Sumter county.. is it possible that there are differences in state health and safety laws among various counties ? Of course this has nothing to do with the long wait for a table in high season...LOL !
Closed Thread

Tags
night, area, called, thirty, seating

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.