Johnny Rockets Lake Sumter

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2021, 09:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Except that Edna’s and j rockets re probably 45 to 60 min apart via golf cart
10-15 min in a C-A-R. Most people have them and there is no law in The Villages prohibiting their use.
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 03-30-2021, 09:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Actually, in Philly, a “cheesesteak hoagie” comes with mayo, lettuce and tomatoes.
Jersey Mikes is a solid Italian hoagie (unfortunately not golf cart accessible).
Sure it is. There is one in Lady Lake in front of Target. Golf cart ready (unless it recently closed up).
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Gator's Dockside at Brownwood is an OK steak sub, I had it once and I'd give it an 8 and Johnny Rockets is a 10. Never put lettuce, tomato and especially mayo on a steak sub, you're getting into Burger King territory.

I prefer to go Gator's Dockside for their wings. Weekdays unadvertised lunch special, six wings and fries $7.99 or 10 wings, fries, Blue Cheese plus drink for $10.99, add celery for 75 cents. Once I find a great steak sub, I don't go anywhere else. I've learned all the best places for everything I would want.

The Villages Florida
Have you never had a cheesesteak hoagie (no mayo, of course)? I'm originally, originally from the Philly area, and have had all sorts of Cheesesteaks (as you say, never with mayo, though). I love them all, if they're at least close to the real Philly Cheesesteak, and from regular to cheese steak hoagie, to Pizza cheesesteak with provolone and red sauce.

Dang! Now I'm hungry for a real Philly cheesesteak. I'll have to try one from Johnny's.
Old 03-31-2021, 05:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Sure it is. There is one in Lady Lake in front of Target. Golf cart ready (unless it recently closed up).
IGNORE THIS. I tried to delete it but it wouldn't delete. This was a reply for someone else.
I've never had it with mayo on a cheesesteak hoagie during my growing years in the Philly area, and no one ever asked me if I wanted it on it. Are you sure you weren't in New Jersey? ;-)

Last edited by Ben Franklin; 03-31-2021 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-01-2021, 08:56 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

I've only eaten in Johnny Rocket's for breakfast before golf. Haven't had a bad meal or slow service yet. I'm only thankful for any breakfast places we have.
Closed Thread

Tags
food, owner, undercooked, cheeseburger, concerned

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.